At what age did you feel like an adult?

Alphaboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And no longer like you were simply "faking it until making it?"

Honestly 18. Left home for Marine Corps boot camp a month after I turned 18 and graduated high school. Been on my own ever since.

I'm a 26 year old husband, father with a good career and I still feel like a teenager tbh.

Man, hopefully soon. Was just thinking about this yesterday. Still feel like a couple little kids in a trench coat trying to fool people. I have no idea what I'm doing.

Man, hopefully soon. Was just thinking about this yesterday. Still feel like a couple little kids in a trench coat trying to fool people. I have no idea what I'm doing.

I think a lot of people feel this way, even if they seemingly have their shit together.

The first time I hit on a girl and her first reaction was "how old are you?"

You can still feel like an adult and not know what you are doing.

I started to feel like an adult around 28-30 though.

I think a lot of people feel this way, even if they seemingly have their shit together.
Having my shit together would probably help. My personal circumstances are absurd and hilarious atm. I'm on some Benjamin Button shit. I think I had it more together from 25 to 30 than I do now.

Whenever the first time I didn't get carded was.

I'm not sure if I feel like an adult but I've come to a point where I don't really care, which ironically makes me feel more like an adult because I'm not trying so hard.

Having my shit together would probably help. My personal circumstances are absurd and hilarious atm. I'm on some Benjamin Button shit. I think I had it more together from 25 to 30 than I do now.

Things go in cycles. I’ve gone through what you’re describing 3 or 4 times in 41 years. lol I still don’t really know what I’m doing in most areas, but I fake it well and somehow find my way to wherever I’m going, which I rarely know either.

Things go in cycles. I’ve gone through what you’re describing 3 or 4 times in 41 years. lol I still don’t really know what I’m doing in most areas, but I fake it well and somehow find my way to wherever I’m going, which I rarely know either.
Yeah I know what you mean. Took a risk at 31 getting married. That went hilariously bad. Took another risk moving cross country for school, which didn't work due to circumstances beyond my control.

And now Ive just taken another risk moving across country again to an area with more job opportunities. I don't really consider them risks, because in each situation it was realistically the only good option at the time. All you can do is try to line things up and then swing for the fences. As long as you're trying your best, you know?

When they stopped letting me play in the McDonald’s ball pit.

i feel pretty like teenager still but having a son and living dat married life is making my delusions seem less and less believable.

I'm a 26 year old husband, father with a good career and I still feel like a teenager tbh.

Same here, except I'm closing in on 40. At this point I'm not entirely sure I want to grow up and be an adult.

I agree strongly.

When I was 10 years old I felt pretty mature because I had to take care of my mother and the house when my mother was really lost. But by 15-18 I was living the life of a normal to slightly immature late teen. I went to school but wasn't serious about my studies despite being at a huge advantage over my peers and likewise I worked but I never took it seriously.

I really had my personal life sorted by 21 but my self worth was highly tied to my martial arts career but a few injuries later and getting laid off I wasn't even training anymore. I wouldn't call it a personal crisis but I certainly didn't know what the heck I was doing for a few years.

I can say I've very rarely tied my self worth to a woman and I've certainly saved myself a lot of trouble and pain in the process. Outside of my mother that is; but she's taught my a lot about the realities of a male/female relations.

24. Finally felt like I was aging. Every year until that age tons of energy. Now I feel like every year I have less energy, need more sleep, have less time, everything is just a bit slower. More solid. Like a tree.

At 18 I was on my own. Worked a few years, saved up for school. Put myself through school while working. At 22 I was taking care of two of my brother In-law's kids. I Prolly didn't understand how fucked up humans were though until I was 26 or so. I didn't really understand how to cry until I was holding my first son in my arms while he died shortly after birth, and didn't really understand how to love until my second son was born.

Back