Aspinal - True Hw champ

SuperAlly

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Said before the Pavlovich fight Tom would wreck him. My posts would prove it. Thought it was pretty obvious.

Tom will batter Blaydes and show he is the clearly the no. 1 HW by far.

And I guarantee Tom batters Jon Jones at HW. But we’ll never get to see it as Jon will run for the hills after Stipe fight.

The thing about HW is, you can be 100x the fighter your opponent is, and still lose. Makes it hard to be 100% confident in any fighter no matter how good they are.

It only takes one punch at this weight.

I thought Tom was by far the better fighter against Pavlovich, but I wasn't super confident because Pav can crack .

I'm in a similar position with Blaydes. I know Tom is by far the better fighter, the better athlete, and the better martial artist, but Blaydes can still win. He does have power, he has good striking.

Jon Jones is obviously one of the few exceptions. He needs to win with skill, cause he can't bust a grape.

I think Curtis exposes Aspinal again.

Yeah, their first fight showed that Aspinall has a bitch inside of him. We have seen fighters sustain worse damage to their knees and not quit like Aspinall did.

Thiago Santos tore the ACL, MCL, PCL and meniscus of his left knee in his title fight against Jon Jones, but he fought on. Aspinall only tore the MCL and meniscus in his right knee. He suffered minor damage to his ACL and no damage to his PCL. Instead of fighting on against Blaydes, Aspinall cried "no más" after only 15 seconds in front of 20,000 British fans at the O2 in London.

1410522607.0.jpg

6e067175aa3e01fc6b31cf0d1169a820

Said before the Pavlovich fight Tom would wreck him. My posts would prove it. Thought it was pretty obvious.

Tom will batter Blaydes and show he is the clearly the no. 1 HW by far.

And I guarantee Tom batters Jon Jones at HW. But we’ll never get to see it as Jon will run for the hills after Stipe fight.
I wouldnt lay claim to a confident prediction he'd win but I did say I thought people were misjudging who was more likely to get an early KO.

Yeah, their first fight showed that Aspinall has a bitch inside of him. We have seen fighters sustain worse damage to their knees and not quit like Aspinall did.

Thiago Santos tore the ACL, MCL, PCL and meniscus of his left knee in his title fight against Jon Jones, but he fought on. Aspinall only tore the MCL and meniscus in his right knee. He suffered minor damage to his ACL and no damage to his PCL. Instead of fighting on against Blaydes, Aspinall cried "no más" after only 15 seconds in front of 20,000 British fans at the O2 in London.

1410522607.0.jpg

6e067175aa3e01fc6b31cf0d1169a820
Thats true when i blew my acl in disco i kept dancing whole night long and then had a fight at grill. This is true story. I know every injury is different but you can definitely keep fighting through pain if you are confident that you’re better fighter. Aspinal knew Curtis had his number and he was looking for a way out. He quit when he felt pain. He didn’t even try to stand on it and see if it was stable or not. When McGregor blew his knee he knew he was better than Max and still kept fighting.

his best win is volkov
a long time HW gatekeeper
who beat sergei (who people here claim is the boogeyman)

also this
Untitled.png

I agree that he should be the HW champ, but he's not. Jones is the disputed heavyweight champ right now. You can argue the merit of a hand-selected opponent in Gane and the blatant avoidance of unifying the belts to fight the shadow of an aged legend, but he's still just an interim champ. We all kind of pick and choose which interims we value and which we don't. Same here.

Will they announce him... The Reigning , Defending , Undisputed Interim Heavyweight Champion of the World ?

We were robbed of a couple good matchups due to him leaving. I blame him, the UFC, and everyone else involved in that nonsense. UFC Africa: Jon Jones vs Ngannou | Adesanya vs Dricus would have been a great card.

We all know people are only saying this because they think Aspinall and his skillset possibly maybe could beat the current Jones, and not because they actually at all think a guy on only a 2 fight win streak has such a stronger claim than a guy on a 1 fight win streak (that was higher ranked). If you at all thought what's been done matter than Volkov should be champ as he's got the best streak at HW.

You just like Tom's skillset against Jones and are justifying your nonsense however you can. Meanwhile if Tom loses to Blaydes (again btw folks) not a single one of you are going to pivot and say Blaydes is the real champ because you'd suddenly be a lot less confident in another wrestler boxer facing off against Jones.

I’m prepared for the backlash if Aspinall loses tomorrow or in the near future, but I believe we’re witnessing the start of a new dominant era. I think Tom Aspinall will remain HW champion for a very long time.

Back