As a mma fan, what was the most heartbreak you felt after a fight.

MIne was Hunt vs Stipe. My fave ever fighter getting absolutely destroyed. Close second was lawler getting flatlined by woodley
Hunt is your favorite and the stipe fight bother you more then the Manhoef, Mousasi, or Sean fucking McCorkle????? Yeah I am saying you became a fan after the Big Foot fight.

Also big nog having his arm broken by Mir was a kick in the junk.

Forrest Griffin v Shogun. Didn't go to work or class for a while after that.
<mma1>

Both times Anderson *lost to Weidman.

Seeing BJ destroyed by Rory and Nick.

Seeing Chuck getting KTFO at the end of his career.

Watching Nate get finished by Thompson.

Shoguns last fight.

Big Nog getting his arm snapped.

JDS savage beating in the last two fights against Cain.

Saku-Wandy 1

giphy.gif

Dos Santos losing to velasquez broke my poor fragile heart.
It's not just that he lost or how it went down that got me but when he was standing there after having been brutalized for 25 minutes, disfigured, concussed, and confused, asking "why are you guys doing that" when some people in the crowd were booing. I saw someone feed a kitten to a rottweiler when I was a kid and it wasn't as upsetting as watching all of that.

Seeing fighters get absolutely destroyed is one of the main reasons I watch this sport. Why would there be heartbreak?

Heartbreak is when a highly anticipated fight gets scrapped last minute.
Khabib vs Tony
I was so fucking bummed

MIne was Hunt vs Stipe. My fave ever fighter getting absolutely destroyed. Close second was lawler getting flatlined by woodley
1: JDS vs Velasquez 1. I was expecting a great back and forth battle, and had a ton of money on Cain.
2: JDS vs Velasquez 2. I was sure the first fight was a fluke, and bet $2,000 on Cain by knockout. The bet lost, as Cain could not put JDS away.
3: Aldo vs Mcgregor. Massive superfight. Ends in 10 seconds.

ManBearPig's head kick. I was stunned for days.

Silva / Weidman 2
Silva / Weidman 1

Not fight related but most heartbreak was when Jon popped again. That coming after my 2nd most joyous moment which was the Jones headkick on DC. Craziest moment of alltime obviously being Aldo vs. McGregor

Apparently the Shogun fans are in their safe spaces today... So I'll do them the kindness

Back