As a mma fan, what was the most heartbreak you felt after a fight.

MIne was Hunt vs Stipe. My fave ever fighter getting absolutely destroyed. Close second was lawler getting flatlined by woodley

Yeah, I remember watching Hunto looking winded even as he climbed the stairs to the cage for that fight. He had his one of his worst camps for that one and it showed.

MIne was Hunt vs Stipe. My fave ever fighter getting absolutely destroyed. Close second was lawler getting flatlined by woodley
Hoyce vs SAKU GOAT... Why no hespect, Saku?

Huas vs Otsuka/Mauricex2...

Seeing fighters get absolutely destroyed is one of the main reasons I watch this sport. Why would there be heartbreak?

Heartbreak is when a highly anticipated fight gets scrapped last minute.
I agree with you to an extent. That said...

I was gutted seeing Condit rolling around on the ground after his knee injury in the Woodley fight. Yeah, a fighter got wrecked, but that was a crap end to a good match and my favourite fighter ever lost.

I agree with you to an extent. That said...

I was gutted seeing Condit rolling around on the ground after his knee injury in the Woodley fight. Yeah, a fighter got wrecked, but that was a crap end to a good match and my favourite fighter ever lost.
You have to be prepared to accept any and all kinds of outcome, from a boring decision to a flash KO to a freak injury and everything in-between. That's the fight game.

<{JustBleed}>

Most recently, I became extremely depressed after Shogun got KTFO by Anthony Smith.

When Sttuve had a heart attack in the locker room. Though he probably felt it more than I did.

Condit getting submitted in the first round by Demian Maia

Last edited:
I was devastated after watching randy lose to brock :( not because of the outcome but because I purchased the PPV when I could have quite easily watched it illegally online

Anderson/Weidman 2, and Anderson/Weidman 1

2 much worse than 1

:,(

Aldo getting knocked out with the first Punch of the fight, don't even know what the fuck happened.
Imagine how he felt, losing before he realized that the fight actually began! That was unbelieveble and i felt sorry for him.

But heartbreacking, come on.

20472263_10155547759207902_2051084009_n-1.jpg

No comparison for me.

I’m not really a fan of his due to his fighting style but this really made me feel sorry for him.

Also Aldo losing to Conor the way he did, after all the taunting was hard to watch.

Wand getting his head kicked off by CroCop. He was never the same after that.

Shogun getting merked by JJ.

Notable mention, Wand getting knocked out by the Cat Smasher.

Maybe when Shogun was subbed by Chael. Shogun was already well past his prime and i was aware be might lose but i did not see that coming. Fedor- Werdum hurt too.

You have to be prepared to accept any and all kinds of outcome, from a boring decision to a flash KO to a freak injury and everything in-between. That's the fight game.

<{JustBleed}>

"It's all in the game, yo."--Omar, The Wire

I wouldnt use heartbreak but ill tell my story of the most dissapointment. It was this guy:
maxresdefault.jpg

Back then i was a huge mma fan and would have fight night parties. A bunch of my friends would come over and drink beer and watch the fights. They liked the fights but didnt follow it like i did so they kindof relied on me to keep them up to date.
Insert Duffee.
I watched the Hague fight and remember thinking who is this monster walking to the cage?
6'3 240lbs with Abs. Basically a white Overeem without the accolades.
So of course when UFC 114 rolled around i bragged to all my friends. Wait until you see this guy. Set the record for KO, giant monster, next big thing, watch!
We all know what happened then. Got KO'd by fatbody Russow. I still get shit about that fight. Dammit.

Back