As a mma fan, what was the most heartbreak you felt after a fight.

I was really sad when Rumble announced his retirement after 2nd DC loss.

Andy Wang losing on TUF and then having BJ rub it in afterwards. Both heartbreaking and savage.
24y30y1.jpg

Shogun vs Sonnen easy

Losing to a guy like Sonnen as a Brazilian must have hurt extra

Those Chael vs Silva fights. First one still irks me.
Loved to hate Silva at the time, thought finally he's going to lose & put an end to Joe Rogan's talk of GOATs.
(it had reached shlong gobbling levels)

Instead the end of both fights was proceeded by me saying "WTF is Chael doing?" followed by Silva getting his hand raised.

Wow... No Silva Weidman on the First page?

<CanYouSeeMeNow>

Mike Thomas Brown’s loss to Aldo WEC
I watched it with Mike’s family:(

Frankie being lifted off the ground with an uppercut by Ortega.
He was 3x his size though !!!

Anderson loosing to weidman for the first time. This is when i kind of realised that everybody eventually looses and that in mma you can't really be a hardcore fan of one given guy.

it's taken me a long time to be able to admit it, literally years of pretending otherwise, but...... Diaz vs Silva. That fight was heartbreakingly shit.

I wouldnt use heartbreak but ill tell my story of the most dissapointment. It was this guy:
maxresdefault.jpg

Back then i was a huge mma fan and would have fight night parties. A bunch of my friends would come over and drink beer and watch the fights. They liked the fights but didnt follow it like i did so they kindof relied on me to keep them up to date.
Insert Duffee.
I watched the Hague fight and remember thinking who is this monster walking to the cage?
6'3 240lbs with Abs. Basically a white Overeem without the accolades.
So of course when UFC 114 rolled around i bragged to all my friends. Wait until you see this guy. Set the record for KO, giant monster, next big thing, watch!
We all know what happened then. Got KO'd by fatbody Russow. I still get shit about that fight. Dammit.

Russow has arguably the greatest ground and pound in MMA history. Theres no shame falling prey to the hammerfist of DOOM.

penn broke my heart in like 10 different fights.

Cowboy on hot win streak at ww getting dismantled and tkoed twice by Masvidal in front of his hometown. :(
<DCrying>

Gustafsson getting destroyed by rumble, in his hometown.
Also his octagon interview..that was heartbreaking, to watch..
Last time i cried was, when they executed John coffey in the green mile

Splurging on a Vegas trip just to end up seeing my favorite fighter KOd in the first, then stand patiently in the cage waiting in vain for his turn at the mike while a pro wrestler calls him a piece of shit.

I was always gutted when pride fighters got destroyed in the UFC, especially when it was proof of their obvious decline.

Back