Arlovski: "Jon Jones rarely comes in to training."

I predict Jones fucks up yet again before he can fight, already got busted driving with no license after all the bullshit he basically walked away unpunished from, so he is a dumb son of a bitch

I guess they won't be talking about JJ in 10 years, unless the discussion is 'wasted talent'.

If Jon Jones played a team sport, he would probably be in the press box or on the sidelines constantly for being late to practice and shit. He's lucky he doesn't have a "team" to really be accountable to.

His behavior is based on the fact that he thinks himself a star in MMA.
If he had made the NFL and wasn't on Marshawn Lynch level, he'd behave because his livelihood would depend on it.

If Jon Jones played a team sport, he would probably be in the press box or on the sidelines constantly for being late to practice and shit. He's lucky he doesn't have a "team" to really be accountable to.

Don't they say that Calvin Johnson practices like once per week?

Jones would have been that one dude in college you get stuck with as a project partner, who shows up the day it's due stoned asking to fill him in and tell him what to present.

No, he'd be the guy that gets high and doesn't go to class and shows up and aces the exam and gets a better grade than you after you worked your ass off.

training is pointless anyways.
if you understand the game.. you understand the game..

these trainers arent teachin em anything new

I'm starting to think DC could take this. Jones ring rust and not practice could be a bad combination. But Jones is so talented it might not matter

Those hookers ain't gonna bang themselves...

LOL!

What else is a Jon Jones gonna do riden around with 2 full boxes of condoms ready to go.

Great desire to be champ but doesnt show up to train. This does not compute.

this just goes to show that being really good at one thing has nothing to do with being good at other things.

Jones has always been a prodigy at MMA. even if he had trained like a madman, he would still have been a prodigy. the fact that there have long been rumours that he doesn't train that hard but still dominates... wow.

this also gives insight into why Jones seems quite terrible at just generally being an adult. he has a talent for MMA and can coast a bit. when he applies the same logic to the rest of his life, he does nothing but fuck up over and over again.

anyway, lots of athletes have changed their training - good and bad - over their careers. Jones is a beast in the cage. up to him how he wants to prepare

Jones would have been that one dude in college you get stuck with as a project partner, who shows up the day it's due stoned asking to fill him in and tell him what to present.

Nah he's more like that guy in class who falls asleep in lectures or doesn't show up, to anything, and doesn't seem to study yet ends up with a better grade than you

I too think he T/KO's DC.

Not only is the weight training going to make him punch harder, but he's going to figure Cormier out easier than he did last time and will be able to land heavier shots like elbows and knees imo.

The fact that Cormier survived Rumble and Gus proves how tough he is, but it also means he's taken a lot of damage in about a year's time. Jones has had tough fights, but they've been spaced between fights in which he took no damage. Cormier's had 3 tough fights in a row, with little recuperation.
DC's not getting Tko'd by Jones, if anything DC was getting the better of the striking. I love how you guys just assume he's gonna get tkoed because he had 2 tough fights in his whole career. I'm not saying DC is gonna win, but the talent gap isn't that far apart. Everyone Jones has fought , DC would whip there ass just as impressively. I'd expect another close fight before I'd assume Jon Jones is gonna TKO Daniel Fucking Cormier.

Last edited:
Fight is still more than 2 months away, what do you expect?

It's common knowledge. You don't have to train to be a good MMA fighter.

Watching intructions on youtube, plus having natural ability is enough for a MMA career.

Pssssshhhh, only if you've played NFL FOOOTTTTBAAWWWWWLLLLLL before.

Back