Arlovski: "Jon Jones rarely comes in to training."

He must look for his health. Training while on coke is terrible for your heart.

Conor McGregor talks about many fighters overtraining to compensate for their lack of self-confidence.

Maybe that's one of the secrets to Jones's success?

I too think he T/KO's DC.

Not only is the weight training going to make him punch harder, but he's going to figure Cormier out easier than he did last time and will be able to land heavier shots like elbows and knees imo.

The fact that Cormier survived Rumble and Gus proves how tough he is, but it also means he's taken a lot of damage in about a year's time. Jones has had tough fights, but they've been spaced between fights in which he took no damage. Cormier's had 3 tough fights in a row, with little recuperation.

Nothing surprising ....most UFC champions (McGregor, RDA, Rockhold, Werdum, etc) never train and they never trained in their life. They simply have supernatural ability ...the muscles you see on their bodies is an optical illusion.

where the hell did you hear that?

where the hell did you hear that?

It's common knowledge. You don't have to train to be a good MMA fighter.

Watching intructions on youtube, plus having natural ability is enough for a MMA career.

Jones would have been that one dude in college you get stuck with as a project partner, who shows up the day it's due stoned asking to fill him in and tell him what to present.

Lol I was that guy. I got stuck with this girl who was a goody goody and I kept forgetting my half of the project. Finally the last possible day I remember to bring it in and she yells at me "Did you bring in the project or what!?!?!?" I was so high I was just like "Yea here it is'. That's why I hate projects. I don't like relying on other people and I don't want them to rely on me.

Watching intructions on youtube, plus having natural ability is enough for a MMA career.

It's amazing how many people don't understand this. All these guys that train hard all the time have no idea what they're doing and no prayer against even the laziest natural. Bones could down 2 large pizzas and a six-pack every night before his fight, never train and still destroy Cormier.

LOL - I sure hope to hell you're trolling. ignored from here on out though

on a serious note though, jon actually did learn striking early in his career from watching YT videos

It's amazing how many people don't understand this. All these guys that train hard all the time have no idea what they're doing and no prayer against even the laziest natural. Bones could down 2 large pizzas and a six-pack every night before his fight, never train and still destroy Cormier.

Exactly ...it's just marketing and hype what the UFC is doing and people are buying it. My guess is that Jones train once or twice a week - dumbell curls, tricep extensions, barbell shrugs, and a little shadow boxing. That's it.

The UFC even sign fighters with no ability just to make the champions look better.

I disagree on Andrei on this one.
This match will be even closer.

I don't get it.

How did he last 5 rounds with Cormier without training?

Bones reminds me a lot of another guy who I'm a big fan of that can't seem to get his shit together

jacksonville-jaguars-cleveland-browns.jpg

Both are amazing talents and have accomplished a ton doing the bare minimum, if either can really buckle down and get their shit together it's scary to imagine what they could accomplish (add in Penn too)

Back