Arlovski: "Jon Jones rarely comes in to training."

I don't get it.

How did he last 5 rounds with Cormier without training?

Because it's EASY ...people just THINK that the preparation for a fight is grueling .... The truth is that 5 rounds against Cormier equal 25 minutes of slow jogging.

This may be a ploy to get DC to think Jones will be less prepared for thier fight than he actually will be. Just a thought.

Jon Jones has the best cardio at LHW and its one of the big reasons for his victories over Gus/DC. You don't get cardio that good without training your butt off.

Jones has never ko'd anyone on the feet- the only way I could see him finishing DC is if he takes him down and grounds and pounds him.

From what we saw in the fight, Jones couldn't hold DC down for any significant period of time.

If Rumble and Gustafsson couldn't finish DC after inflicting him with their hardest blows I just can't see Jon doing it.

I understand the idea that the damage DC has taken from the Jones fight and onwards contributes to wear and tear on his chin but I don't think Jones is going to be the guy to finish him.

Hoping this is not the case, but I see Jones brutalizing DC and finishing him after two or three rounds.

Arlovski doing some high level trolling
Perhaps. it is weird that Arlovski would publicly criticize a training partner's training habits like that. Another explanation is that Jon's alleged lack of diligence really bothers him.

Jon Jones has the best cardio at LHW and its one of the big reasons for his victories over Gus/DC. You don't get cardio that good without training your butt off.
Some people have stronger heart/lungs and more white blood cell production.

Perhaps. it is weird that Arlovski would publicly criticize a training partner's training habits like that. Another explanation is that Jon's alleged lack of diligence really bothers him.

It's no wonder Andrei has to spend his time at the gym tossing Dodson around. What else is he going to do?

You know you're good when you can be champion without even training.

That is a blessing that will eventually run out. When?

Only God knows .. just ask Anderson Silva. Different situations, but every dog has it's day and it's lesson to learn.

Jones (allegedly) barely trains, and is likely to win every fight he's in. What does that say about the competition?

also, we shouldn't be taking this "quote" seriously without a source....

His foundation is very strong. The only reason he has to train at all is because there are 2-3 other excellent fighters at lhw.

Back