Arlovski: "Jon Jones rarely comes in to training."

So the most hated guy in MMA is essentially the best fighter in the sport without really trying?
Well it sure sounds fu*ked up when you put it that way. But yes, I guess that's what's being said.

If Jones was slacking off in camp we would have heard about it long before now.. He has said many times, he trains 3 sometimes 4 times a day in camp..

So the most hated guy in MMA is essentially the best fighter in the sport without really trying?

The thing is, it's so much potential wasted. He might've been the greatest thing we'd ever witness in this sport, if he had GSP like training obsession. Hell, he might still be the greatest to ever live(just not to his potential), but
it makes me sad. I'm not hating but as a fan of the sport i'd like the guy on top trying his hardest to be the best theres ever lived, inspire children, bring the sport to it's next level.

Not good if thats true. Jones is great but the gap isn't so big that he can take training or his opponents lightly

If Jon Jones played a team sport, he would probably be in the press box or on the sidelines constantly for being late to practice and shit. He's lucky he doesn't have a "team" to really be accountable to.
He owes no one else anything because he plays a solo sport. But most teams in any sport would let one of the best players on the planet keep playing no matter what they do off the field/court

I recall Jones/Evans Primetime and he was running up hills, doing tons of Strength and Conditioning working like a machine.. He trains hard guys..

He's probably training somewhere else. Doing those movement drills.

Jones would have been that one dude in college you get stuck with as a project partner, who shows up the day it's due stoned asking to fill him in and tell him what to present.
That analogy would work except jones would show up and elbow the lecturer into fuckin oblivion n you'd get an A.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back