Arlovski begging Dana White for chance to 'f**k up' Fedor

I'd much rather see Fedor v. AA 2 than Fedor v. Bigfoot 2. Fedor despite losing 3 in a row at least went out on a win streak. AA is on a win streak. Bigfoot has gotten KTFO consecutively and at this point I don't see how Fedor DOESN'T brutally finish him in a rematch (unless Fedor has declined A LOT more than Bigfoot has). Fedor v. AA 2 I think would be emore competitive and it isn't an obvious "ok we want X to get revenge" matchup.

Fedor v. Mir would also be great.

I watched AA live on his website chatting with people and answering questions yesterday. He was pretty quiet and his answers were all short and he didn't seem interested at all at being social. Except when one guy asked about that knee and AA started going off making fun of himself at how stupid it was and trying to make sense of what was going through his head just before throwing it. He even admitted it eats at him all the time to this day and that he would rather have a rematch with Fedor than fight Werdum for the title. I think he regrets throwing that knee is what I'm getting at.

I saw the first Arlovski Fedor fight right after it happened and didnt watch it again for years.

I remembered the fight as Arvlovski putting a beat down on Fedor until he jumped up into the air and got caught.

After watching it once again after several years, there wasn't much happening in that fight to favor one guy over the other until Arlovski had a couple of good right hands and then jumped in the air to get KOed. He wasn't putting a beat down on Fedor and there was no guarantee he would have even won the fight if he had not jumped in the air.

This wasn't Kongo coming back on Pat Barry or even Scott Smith catching Pete whoever running in when he was hurt.

I watched it live and it certainly wasn't a beatdown.

In fact, a thread here showed Fedor slipped most of the punches (someone put a series of gifs showing his amazing reaction time).

That being said, Arlovski is a legend and I'd love to see a second fight.

dbSoweL.gif

hahaha, Fedor KO/TKO 1 again.

arlovski gonna get dropped by Mir and finished TKO. guaranteed. im feeling it

One thing has never changed with Arlovski and that's his glass jaw. All Fedor needs to do is land 1 punch and Arlovski will look like this again.
20090126022813_IMG_8366.JPG

Foolish. AA has shown a pretty good chin since that Fedor-induced losing streak. He's survived Rumble, Mike Kyle, Bigfoot, and Browne and is on the cusp of a title shot. The myth of his weak chin has been disproven. Fedor landed a perfect bomb on AA while he was mid-air and he didn't see it coming, all of which contributed to that KO. It also softened up AA's chin and mind so he'd lose the next 3 fights. But he's looked pretty incredible since then.

arlovski gonna get dropped by Mir and finished TKO. guaranteed. im feeling it

More likely K-1 Mir gets dropped and finished by AA. Duffee was landing almost at will on Mir. Against Duffee, AA will not throw sloppy punches with his chin in the air. Mir better pull guard or he's going to sleep.

Last edited:
That flying knee (and probably several concussions) keep him up at night.

If Fedor return in decent version of himself, Andrei will still be fucked

Not only Fedor is Fedor, but he's a bad striking match up for him too

AA will start again showing nice speed and technique, but he will ever be one bomb away to another dead-Arlovsky pic... and everything Fedor throw are bombs, with hard to predict timing and trajectory

Foolish. AA has shown a pretty good chin since that Fedor-induced losing streak. He's survived Rumble, Mike Kyle, Bigfoot, and Browne and is on the cusp of a title shot. The myth of his weak chin has been disproven. Fedor landed a perfect bomb on AA while he was mid-air and he didn't see it coming, all of which contributed to that KO. It also softened up AA's chin and mind so he'd lose the next 3 fights. But he's looked pretty incredible since then.

Arlovski has always had a glass jaw. Nobody all of a sudden develops a chin of stone it's either you have it or you don't. AA just hasn't been hit cleanly. In the Browne fight Browne only landed 1 clean shot that clearly hurt Arlovski. The problem was Browne kept of putting his face in the path of Arlovski's right and the fight ended.

Arlovski has always had a glass jaw. Nobody all of a sudden develops a chin of stone it's either you have it or you don't. AA just hasn't been hit cleanly. In the Browne fight Browne only landed 1 clean shot that clearly hurt Arlovski. The problem was Browne kept of putting his face in the path of Arlovski's right and the fight ended.

I don't agree. I think he's always had a good jaw, but it got cracked by Fedor and some others with big punches. These are HWs and they hit hard.

If Fedor return in decent version of himself, Andrei will still be fucked

Not only Fedor is Fedor, but he's a bad striking match up for him too

AA will start again showing nice speed and technique, but he will ever be one bomb away to another dead-Arlovsky pic... and everything Fedor throw are bombs, with hard to predict timing and trajectory

in the fight with Rizzo, imo, Fedor was way faster than in his fight with Hendo and Bigfoot. This revenge could backfire if Fedor comes back like that.

imagine if he rekt fedor and had him on the ropes,.and says "oh. oh shit. the flying knee is right there...this time will be different.here i go,fuck it! im gonna... im gonna..."

Big John: wake up big guy
Arlovski:whuh happened
Big John: you got knocked the fuck out again son,shit was savage.

lol. that'd be sick

He was whooping that ass until he tried the knee, I always wondered how much he regretted that knee attempt, sounds like he's been replaying it in his mind

I pick fedor to somehow do it again though

Back