Are your only mma fans/friends on the internet?

If you don't count guys who I train BJJ/submission grappling with, I have no friends who watch MMA. Not even casual fans.

They only understand something easy like boxing, of course they have no "explanation" why they don't follow MMA, but it's simply them being too stupid.

Ok j just want to first say i do have friends.

But none of my friends IRL love mma as much as I do. Most people i know at work etc in general are casual fans who only know chuck liddell or bj penn.

I can never have half an engaging discussion about mma as i can on sherdog.

Anybody else out there like this?

Ive never discussed anderson silva being 230lbs or gsp being boring or any of the common sherdog discussions to anyone IRL.

And dont get me started on meeting some just bleeders or noobs.
This pretty much somes up how it is for me too I have one friend who I pretty much only watch MMA with who I only see here and there but me and him can really have a solid MMA conversation with each other the rest of my friend are like why doesn't he just punch him or he's such a pussy he got dropped by a body punch when it's really a liver shot I just let it go and don't waste my breath

None of my friends are even casuals :'(

I'll be your friend. :3

wandsaku.jpg

I'm as hardcore as it gets.

Years ago that used to be the case but i've got probably around 10 of my friends into, then they've got many others into it. Out of the 10 people i personally got into it 3 are now hardcore fans.

It used to suck years ago when there was no on in real life that cared about it and it wasnt always easy getting someone into it. I'd have someone over for an event and i wouldnt be able to enjoy it as much as normal as im hoping they'll like it, and you never know if you're going to get a dud event

Yes i do, but I'm talking about 2 or 3 guys. Sometimes they bring their friends to watch the fights and we end up being a big group . Everytime there is a ufc event going on, we get together and tbh that's really the only time we see each other. Anyway, it's cool to watch the fights with people that truly know what's up. The rest of my friends (98 percent), know little or nothing about mma.

Why does that belt say saku

There was a time when PRIDE didn't have any divisional belts. Up until 2001, Sakuraba was tearing things up in PRIDE up and was widely considered the #1 P4P fighter. Since PRIDE wasn't giving out belts, Sakuraba created his own: The Saku Belt. After Wand beat him in their first fight, Sakuraba gave Wand the Saku Belt, acknowledging Wand as the champ of PRIDE. Wand continued to wear the Saku belt for (I believe) his other title defenses, as a sign of respect to Saku. Despite the brutal beatings Wanderlei delivered to Sakuraba, he always was a fan/had respect for him.

wandbelt.jpg

Ok j just want to first say i do have friends.

But none of my friends IRL love mma as much as I do. Most people i know at work etc in general are casual fans who only know chuck liddell or bj penn.

I can never have half an engaging discussion about mma as i can on sherdog.

Anybody else out there like this?

Ive never discussed anderson silva being 230lbs or gsp being boring or any of the common sherdog discussions to anyone IRL.

And dont get me started on meeting some just bleeders or noobs.

I watch most events with the same group of people but if they have a question about something they would ask me ... They know lots about mma just not a lot about the fighters themselves

I have about 4 or 5 friends I always watch fights with, ppv, free or live events. This wasn't the case years ago, but only online "friends" would be the people on sherdog.

I have one friend who is into WWE so for some strange reason I thought maybe I could talk to him about MMA but he is only into WWE and I can`t stand it so we avoid the issue.How can someone who is adult take WWE seriously is beyond me.None of my other friends even know what MMA or UFC is but again MMA is not popular in my country,so its kinda sad when before/after some good card you wanna talk about all those great fights and nobody knows that it even happened:icon_sad:.Thats why I`m here:)

There was a time when PRIDE didn't have any divisional belts. Up until 2001, Sakuraba was tearing things up in PRIDE up and was widely considered the #1 P4P fighter. Since PRIDE wasn't giving out belts, Sakuraba created his own: The Saku Belt. After Wand beat him in their first fight, Sakuraba gave Wand the Saku Belt, acknowledging Wand as the champ of PRIDE. Wand continued to wear the Saku belt for (I believe) his other title defenses, as a sign of respect to Saku. Despite the brutal beatings Wanderlei delivered to Sakuraba, he always was a fan/had respect for him.

wandbelt.jpg

Wanderlei has gotta be the guy who has the most drastic personality difference inside and outside the ring axe murder inside happy go lucky outside

Wanderlei has gotta be the guy who has the most drastic personality difference inside and outside the ring axe murder inside happy go lucky outside

"War only in the ring; peace on earth." -Wanderlei Silva

He practices what he preaches. It's one of many reasons why he has such a large and loyal fan base.

Here's Don Frye talking about his first encounter with Wand:

A lot of them like it casually. This is what i've noticed about a lot of guys my age, they are already fans of martial arts because of some of the movies they grew up watching. Bruce lee, van damme, jackie chan, even rocky. They love that stuff. But they like watching cool moves and highlights, not actually watching it live.

One of my friends has really taken to it after i showed him sonnen/silva 1, he was amazed by silva and loved sonnen's trash talking. Now he's really into it.

I'm in exactly the same position, I have a few friends who are casual fans and that's it. The rest of them prefer football or boxing.

"War only in the ring; peace on earth." -Wanderlei Silva

He practices what he preaches. It's one of many reasons why he has such a large and loyal fan base.

Here's Don Frye talking about his first encounter with Wand:

In his early days i never knew this I just thought he was a psycho

wandbelt.jpg

Thank u for the clarification

Back