Are your only mma fans/friends on the internet?

the guys i train with lol
and my friend christian who unfortunately moved away lol he was a huge marquardt fan

Nope. But I can say for sure the number ain't high. Had 4 friends total that I talked to about MMA. 2 are just casuals while the other 2 knew more than casual fans. Knew about Pride and everything. But my two friends that knew about Pride and stuff are far away. One's just gone and the other went to the Marines.

EDIT: Also found out one of my friends from elementary started training in MMA this year. Hoping he has some success. Though he did pick Hamill to beat Rampage cuz of wrestling bout two years back which made me shake my head in disappointment.

I have 1 friend who I can have meaningful MMA discussion with and then some casuals who I can talk to about how sick they think Shogun and Chuck still are.

I have a friend at work who loves MMA and I watch all of the PPVs at his place. One of my oldest friends, who is a licensed Jeet Kune Do instructor, also loves the UFC, but only rarely watches it unless I email him links to fights posted online. He has a man-crush on GSP and thinks he's the baddest fighter since Bruce Lee, so he'll tag along with me to this other guy's place when we're lucky enough to see a GSP fight.

I've got a buddy in another state that goes to one of those 'buncha guys get together and chip in' gatherings, where they have a betting pool. He always consults me on his picks beforehand, and won over $100 at each of the last two PPVs, but I don't see any checks in the mail.

I don't consider anyone on here a friend. You guys are all either knowledgeable, trolls, or somewhere in between. Sometimes I agree with people, laugh at their gifs, or pick fights based on disagreements.

I think that's just Sherdog though.

But to answer the original question, I have probably a dozen or so friends off the top of my head I could call up to catch a PPV at a bar, invite over for a PPV/Bellator/FX/Other org fight night, or would host one. Some more into it than others, some bring more people into our little group and make a fun night out of it.

Either way, I get on here afterwards, more often than not after drinking a bit, and post topics we discussed watching the fights.

Sad but true, a lot of my friends just don't like it :(.

Ive never met as educated fans irl as the people ive met on sherdog.

Take a kickboxing or bjj class, you meet a lot of people that are huge fans and meet up for fights

There's a couple guys who like MMA where I train at, outside of that there's two friends who sort of follow it, but not really into it like I am

There;s a group of around 10 of us, who are passionate about MMA.

Spread across the UK, we gather at my house whenever there's a HUGE UFC card on. Next one will be UFC 156 I reckon, not FOX 6 - my mates don't fancy driving the length of the UK for Mighty Mouse/Dodson!

most people i know that heard of mma dont give a f*ck about mma and dont talk about it except for the occasional question about how the reem is doing.

mma isnt populair in the netherlands. i know lots of people who dont even know what mma is

I got about 5-6 buddies who follow and watch mostly UFC and I can have convos with them about that particular subject but other than that I'm discussing it with all you bitches!!

My neighbour and two or three other friends come around to watch MMA.

I know more than all of them.

I wouldn't like to know much more because then I'd have to sit on Sherdog screaming "FEDOR GOAT!"

I have several friends that are really into mma, and others that are casual.

I buy and watch most cards at home by myself. Occasional my brother or a mate or 2 will join, however they only want to see knockouts.

So yeah, Sherdog is the only place where I can discuss MMA.

My girl friends hates Sherdog, says I spend too much time on here lol. Shes right

Back