Are your only mma fans/friends on the internet?

I got my sister in to it! I taught her about the Pride Gp, Fedor, Chuck-Tito era...how Cung Le is Van damme..motivated BJ...postion grappling is not boring...1 2 5.....Fuck Chuck!!!! AS is lord.....Brocktober....Healthy Shogun...etc

^now this is good shit

There's no one in my circle who knows as much as I do. Thankfully I got you bros.

Got some folks I worked with who are fans, so we talk about the UFC and the MMA. And of course like all guys I have a cat that's a huge Rich Franklin fan. No idea why, she's got this thing for math teachers

No. I watch the events with 4-5 close friends who all love MMA. I'm definitely the most in to the sport, but all of us know the majority of the fighters, and attend live events when we can.

My friends are either completely disinterested in MMA or are very casual fans who enjoy watching "names" fight.

Not a big deal to me. I'm not as into soccer or baseball as they are. I don't even follow basketball as much as most of my friends.

We're all huge football fans.

Coming to Sherdog is where I get my MMA discussion on. And by MMA discussion (or any sub forum here), it really means there are 2 topics that are being discussed in any given week....ad nauseum.

I went from lurker a little less than a decade ago, to registered user/poster, back to lurker.

I don't know anyone who is really into mma. My friends will watch about 4-5 cards with me a year, but its mostly just a reason for them to go out with the guys. I always have to answer a ton of questions which distracts me from actually watching the fights.

TLDR: It's just me.

No one I personally know loves MMA like I do. I am that guy that breaks down who someone is, what got them to this fight, dramas, any lead ups. The guy who says the shit before Rogan says it. Pretty much just as nerdy as every single person on here with MMA.

I used to have a group of 7 that would all chip in. Slowly everyone backed out. Every once in a while I have one casual that will want to watch shit like a St. Pierre fight but 95% of the time it's just me, but I don't give a shit. I even set my wife free, she no longer has to watch them with me. I could go out and watch them at a bar or whatever, but I like to hear the commentary. Maybe it's an age thing, but I have a wife and kids at home and going out every weekend doesn't really work for me.

I am sure I could find an MMA buddy, but again, I don't care. People just don't give a shit about it like I do and frankly I have little care to be the educator anymore.

Got my GF and a few friends into it but I always come here to discuss real shit about MMA where as most I know would have no clue on what's going on.

Some of my friends are MMA fans, but only two or three are "real" fans. My other friends will sometimes talk about random shit during the undercard, and seem to think that only the main event is worth paying attention to. Some of my female friends watch the fights, but they seem to be into the pagentry and drama more than the actual sport, if that makes any sense. My gf hates to watch it and refuses to watch UFC after seeing Mir break BigNog's arm.

Also, some people I sometimes watch with get all huffy about the ground game and think that "nothing is happening" when the fighter's are trying to improve their position or even when they've got a triangle choke locked in. It's annoying.

Unfortunately, yes. My retarded friends just cannot come to grips with watching mma. I have tried and tried but they're too rooted in traditional sports such as football or baseball. Fucking damn shame.

Yeah, I had 1 guy at work who i thought was really into mma because he had said, yeah brock lesnar is sick n cant fight for a while. I thought to myself omg an true mma fan that sits near me at work!! Then after a few conversations i realized he just happened to hear that somewhere and was not near a loyal mma follower as i has thought. He didnt even know who fedor was!!

I have no friends on the internet.

I do have some real friends who like MMA as much as I do... I'll say 3 close friends and 1 who won't miss GSP fight but doesn't follow others regularly. My three friends also know people who like UFC and we've had some large gatherings to watch fighting when we all get together at the right time. It's tough to get a crowd going lately but it's fun when we do... then I go home to talk shit to you guys lol.

I live in Luxembourg and as far as I know I am the only luxembourgish MMA fan, period.

I met a guy with a Tapout shirt a year ago but he had no clue what MMA was, it was a gift.

Sucks to be me.

I have at least two friends who watch it casually but for the most part I'm the only die hard but I have a half brother and an old coworker(who I don't talk to anymore) that actually knew more than your common casual watcher.

50% of the cards i watch are at Buffalo wild wings or at a bar, and its usually nothing but idiots.

Lol that's just been my experience though.

I've experienced the same but I tend to ignore and ATTEMPT to enjoy either way. Hard to try to educate a bunch of drunk idiots that are trying to have conversation about the event.

Used to when I first joined. 90% of my friends are hardcore hockey nerds and don't want to divide their attention. Most of my close friends are now casual fans, but also have some good friends who are really into MMA. I've seen a guy watch his first UFC event, to quit his job to train MMA. He scares me now.

Anything that isn't a UFC ppv I watch by myself, unless I have a friend over or something.

UFC ppvs, I watch with my parents and their friend. Been that way for over at least 9 years now.

Nice to see almost all of us live very similar situations in this aspect.

Back