Are your only mma fans/friends on the internet?

Ok j just want to first say i do have friends.

But none of my friends IRL love mma as much as I do. Most people i know at work etc in general are casual fans who only know chuck liddell or bj penn.

I can never have half an engaging discussion about mma as i can on sherdog.

Anybody else out there like this?

Ive never discussed anderson silva being 230lbs or gsp being boring or any of the common sherdog discussions to anyone IRL.

And dont get me started on meeting some just bleeders or noobs.

You can have engaging discussions on Sherdog?

I HAD one more friend who was as adamant about MMA as I was, but he got into a drunken fight (which he blatantly started) when we went to see an event at a bar, so I'm done hanging out with him.

My college buddy. Very avid MMA fan. Anyone else I talk to doesn't know what it is.

This thread inspired me to sign up. Been reading this forum a lot and find it absolutely hilarious. None of my friends really watch mma (Some watch only TUF which is kinda weird). Some of them have been almost terrified when they have heard that I have actually been following the sport for 3-4 years. :icon_neut

Anyway, hi everyone.

This thread inspired me to sign up. Been reading this forum a lot and find it absolutely hilarious. None of my friends really watch mma (Some watch only TUF which is kinda weird). Some of them have been almost terrified when they have heard that I have actually been following the sport for 3-4 years. :icon_neut

Anyway, hi everyone.

welcome home

the only one of my friends that actually watched ufc only did when brock fought.

Only got 2 friends that full on watch MMA, 1 casual friend who watches sometimes... rest are all online lol

The only person I know irl who knows anything about the sport is my gf. And she only watches cause she knows I won't miss a card so she's kinda picked up a few things from being forced to watch. Sad, I know. A few months ago, we went out for dinner with her mom and her new boyfriend. It was the night of the shogun/Vera card so I was kinda bringing it up to them that we had to get back home and the boyfriend in an attempt to impress me I guess told me he's a big UFC fan. He asked who was fighting that night and I told him shogun rua and his reply was "ooh, the Japanese guy, yeah he's really good with his submissions huh? He's one of my favorites." I just went along with it and gtfo of there ASAP.

nope

enjoying a fight with a group of friends is awesome esp in a bar/hooters

My uncle use to do karate tournaments I consider him a fan also one of my very best friends from childhood is a big fan he trains in ji jitsu and kickboxing it was funny we never spoke about it until I brought it up after that will call each other up and make are picks on who will win and bash each other if one of us is wrong. It's nice to talk to someone and have a real argument with someone who isn't talking out their ass. I hate seeing people wearing tapout though. It's nothing against the clothing brand but its a tease people wear it for a fashion since you'd think they would know something about mma other than Kimbo slice.

Back