Are your only mma fans/friends on the internet?

"War only in the ring; peace on earth." -Wanderlei Silva

He practices what he preaches. It's one of many reasons why he has such a large and loyal fan base.

Here's Don Frye talking about his first encounter with Wand:

Love this video

Thank u for the clarification

wandhat.gif

Love this video

The doc that it's from ("PRIDE Decade") is very good. If you can find a copy of it, I highly recommend it.

I don't have any friends online and none of my real life friends watch MMA.
Most of em don't know what MMA is. They know cagefighting and think that it is a brutal, bloody caveman thing. They know all this because they have seen 1 minute of it on tv or the interweb. And it's impossible to convince them that it's less brutal and dangarous then boxing or kickboxing. :icon_chee

I have 1 irl friend that has about the same passion for the sport that I do.
Then I got around 3 - 4 casuals that only watch if there is an event when they are stuck with me.

most of my main circle of friends watch mma and use the internet to search mma related stuff. but it before ufc 100, i was the only one out of my group that was really a fan and it sucked not being able to talk about all the cool shit happening in mma at the time.

Same here. Couple of friends are fans. But my main group could care less and never wanna watch the fights

I have a bunch of friends who are slightly more than casual fans and we go over each other's places for the PPVs - which is great.

But ... They are hate Anderson Silva - which is horrible because it proves how fucking dumb my friends are.

I need to keep better company!

I have friends who enjoy fights and will watch stuff I put on but none of them come to sherdog. One of them follows mma a bit and I can talk to him about stuff.

I definitely am more knowledgable than any of my friends about the sport- but I do have like 4 or 5 friends who are huge fans of MMA/UFC.

Well my cousin who happens to be a boxer introduced me and follow MMA as much as I do now, so its cool. I also have a bunch of friends who are casual fans and sometimes we order PPV's together especially when GSP fights (since Im from Quebec and casual fans here all consider GSP a God...)

My new GF also kind of enjoy watching cards with me when we are alone together...we are supposed to watch FOX 6 together.

Well, I watch mma with my gf, but she doesn't really like it. None of my friends are into mma either, I live in England though, and mma isn't popular at all over here (despite what Dana says.)

Thanks to free cards more and more people are becoming casual fans of MMA(UFC). This includes my friends back home. Thank goodness!

I only have 2 friends IRL that enjoy MMA on a similar level to myself. There are others who will watch and hang out with us if we're watching something, but they just watch it for the brutality rather than the sport like the 3 of us OGs.

Little brother and best friend are also MMA nuts, but thats about it around here

I don't think it's really that different than any other sport except not as many people watch it. But with other sports, it's not like the conversations are any more engaging. There are tons of football fans and everyone wants to talk about it. But most of them don't have a clue what the hell they are talking about. Most people are talking out of their asses. Most real conversations with knowledgeable fans take place on the internet, but even then, just like with MMA, you still have to wade through the stupid shit to get to the good stuff.

Of my close friends, no one is really into MMA; a have a few co-workers who train in legit gyms (with Andre Galvao; with Phil Nurse; and with Cesar Gracie), so when I see them, we talk all things MMA; we all work on a floating shift schedule, so it's not like I see them every day, sometimes not even every week.

Back