Are you still a fan of Anderson Silva?

He took it the night before so he could sleep. He wasn't doped up on Xanax during the fight.

Show me the gif w/ Forrest's legs flopping around like a drunk man and tell me that with a straight face. Of course they minimized it publicly. Not saying the reason for that ass whipping was 'because' of xanax but it was a factor.

Also, xanax is not routinely prescribed for sleep, afaik, it's anti-anxiety medication.

He still had to build back up the muscle in his leg as well as get his 40 yr old ass back in shape after being off his feet for several months.

He never used the leg excuse because his team knew it would be laughed at by medical professionals and exposed as complete BS.

But those who want to grasp at straws will grasp at straws even Andersons team refuse to use.

There is absolutely no validity in that excuse, they figured "mystery stuff in mystery bottle" would make a better excuse than that. And it does, because it's a claim that can't be proven wrong when they dont provide a sample or name of the product. The leg excuse would have been proven wrong easy, so they steered far away from that.

Show me the gif w/ Forrest's legs flopping around like a drunk man and tell me that with a straight face. Of course they minimized it publicly. Not saying the reason for that ass whipping was 'because' of xanax but it was a factor.

Also, xanax is not routinely prescribed for sleep, afaik, it's anti-anxiety medication.

What is your point here? Are you saying that Anderson's corner drugged Forrest's water bottle a la Yuri Boyka's cornerman? Who the fuck cares what each fighter chose or didn't choose to put into their bodies prior to the fight? It is each fighter's responsibility to come into the cage at the peak of their own abilities.

Best fighter to have ever graced the Octogon. Fuck the haters.

Not a fan of cheaters.

until they discover/uncover what drug it was that made him go all matrix on griffin, leben, etc etc... i'm still a fan.

What is your point here? Are you saying that Anderson's corner drugged Forrest's water bottle a la Yuri Boyka's cornerman? Who the fuck cares what each fighter chose or didn't choose to put into their bodies prior to the fight? It is each fighter's responsibility to come into the cage at the peak of their own abilities.

Showing gifs of guys fighting stoned opponents makes 'em look better than they are.
tumblr_m5b2ctv2ER1r580s4o1_250.gif

First you have to show a good reason why Forrest would take a loopy drug like xanax right before fighting the #1 p4p fighter. It makes no sense. According to Forrest he took it the night before because he couldn't sleep. And he looked fine against Anderson until he started getting tagged. Also his legs were flopping around when Rashad finished him as well.

I have to chalk up the leg flop moment to Forrest being completely disoriented after getting tagged square on the chin.

Its really hard to sleep when you're feeling anxious...

Yep, I'm loyal. War spider

Showing gifs of guys fighting stoned opponents makes 'em look better than they are.
tumblr_m5b2ctv2ER1r580s4o1_250.gif

Hmm. Interdasting... So Forrest deliberately chose to come into the fight stoned to make Anderson look better? And Leben, Franklin, Irvin, Belfort, Bonnar and all the other guys that Anderson clowned on the feet also chose to come in stoned, so Anderson could make them look stupid with Hadoken spinning shit?

That's a helluva theory you've got there.

Last edited:
I try really hard not to put any human beings on pedestals. Perfect people and superheros are for comic books and novels.

My appreciation for Anderson Silva is based primarily on what he was able to do in the cage and, to a lesser extent, the image that he's a loving father and husband.

Honestly, the PED issue is too murky to know what he's used in the past or for how long.

People can be inspirational and fantastic at certain things but they're always still people. If I've learned anything even the best of us can be tremendously disappointing in many ways.

I wish all this Silva nonsense wasn't true and didn't happen but it's not totally surprising and it doesn't change my status as a fan of Silva in the cage.

always liked him alot ever since Pride, but never understood why anyone would call him the GOAT. A guy with poor wrestling and wrestling defense can never be considered to be the greatest fighter of all time. I don't even like that term in general. But if you were to use it, you'd have to pick someone that is beyond excellent at everything, not just landing deceptively hard punches in the right places.

well, i like the guy fighting

he just needs to be a bit smarter

well hard to expect something from him when everything that comes from him and surrounds him reeks of amateurism

You realize Forrest came back dirty for xanax, central nervous system depressant, after this fight, right?

What we do know is Forrest is the only source for this story. And he doesn't even sound sure if he took Xanax or not. Test results for that card were never released. And Forrest fought 3 months later.

According to Forrest, again because he is the only source, he took it the night before the fight and received a 30 day suspension when he pissed dirty.

Does not sound legit.

"I failed my drug test I think for Xanax," Griffin said. "I had a doctor's prescription, I was just, I didn't do it before the fight, I did it the night before, I was nervous and I couldn't sleep."

Griffin's test failure was not made public by the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission after the Aug. 2009 event.
source

Back