Are you still a fan of Anderson Silva?

God_Emperor_Of_Mankind

Let's Palaver!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well. I used to be a fan before.
It wasn't the positive test that made me dislike him but the utter farce that followed.

I'm still a fan

Still a fan. Whether he took PEDS or not, whether it was during his entire carrer or not, I still support him. The guy did things we have never seen before and maybe never will.

If we want to be honest, we can't ignore that the majority of fighters are on something. You have to be delusionnal to think otherwise. With the pace they have to keep and the level of competition, you have to live in disneyland to think that an elite fighter is 100% clean. Come on guys.

Yes, still a fan

Always. Based on the available evidence, he took steroids because he wanted his leg to heal faster, and injuries heal a lot faster with the test levels of a 20 year old than a 40 year old. Not allowed, but understandable.

I'm a fan of his performances for sure. Whether or not he juiced during his reign is secondary to me, based on how he fought (finesse fighter, not an overpowering sort of style), how his body looked (was not a heavy MW, and even fought chubby at LHW), and the fact that it's more than likely most fighters were juicing (and that he fought against several known juicers). Also, it's not unlikely he only used this time to get back in shape after that horrid injury (physically AND mentally, considering he also took anti-anxiety pills).

Nope, never was. And people that think a former Pride fighter only juiced for his leg are delusional as fuck.

Always and forever

Anderson-Silva.jpg

Hell yes, is normal. And I'm not even kidding. Anderson's always been a troll inside and outside the cage, so it shouldn't be surprising he continued playing the part in court.

If you subscribe to Eddie Bravo's standard of still being a fan despite [fighter] appearing in a blowjob video (which I do), what Silva has done is significantly less embarrassing.

Last edited:
I'm a fan of the moments he gave us. Didn't miss a single UFC fight. I'm not a fan of what he did. Makes me lose respect, it's embarrassing for everyone.

It is my own personal opinion that he was trying to get confidence over the leg and not because this was some longtime habit. The guy who's trademark has been his confidence really didn't have any here. Weidman stole everything from him. People hate but Nick Diaz is a guy you have to get up for, huge pressure situation.

Yup.

I mean, am I supposed to not enjoy Anderson/Griffin or Anderson/Belfort now that the hearing is over? Was that hearing supposed to change my mind on whether or not I still enjoy watching his old fights?

Yes and always will be. During his reign, he never pissed hot. A grotesque injury at that age and wanting to fight a year later [though willing to use ped's to do so] gives him a pass IMO.

Not sure how to answer this. I was a fan his whole career but I believe he's corrupt and has a suspect past. I always believed he threw the Chonan fight too... I'm undecided. I want to say yes but I don't really care anymore. I don't know what to believe with this guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back