Are you still a fan of Anderson Silva?

He is saying that it wasn't that but pills so that he could get better erections.

Feel free to believe him, I just think it sounds like bullshit. Bonus points for being creative though.

Well. I used to be a fan before.
It wasn't the positive test that made me dislike him but the utter farce that followed.

I am genuinely sad to say that I am right there with you. Anderson was IT for me, he used to be the only fighter that I got butterflies for before a fight. The positive test/negative test debacle didn't change that .. the Thai sex pill thing did though. I have some empathy for his meteoric fall, but not sure I will ever feel the same about him.

The irony is that I have been saying that JJ replaced Andy for me as my #1 favorite fighter, and today I read on MMAjunkie that she also replaced him on the P4P rankings list too.

Once a guy pops for steroids it shows their character, they are willing to cheat to win

I cannot respect a guy after that the same way I would otherwise

Does anything get any cooler than those walk outs to "Ain't no sunshine when she's gone"? Bring back the AS era any day of the week!

Sure.

He confirmed what we all already suspected, that most are on roids. Hell, half of his opponents popped for roids. His last 2 losses come to a guy with a .09 t/e ratio.

I say they need the drop all the roid, TRT paranoia. This isn't the bloody high jump!! This sport takes too much out of these guys and their bodies need some kind of support. It's okay while they are in their early to mid twenties, but after that, and many years in competition they need something to hold out. A bit like office boys with coffee!

Last edited:
Fuck yeah. Half the guys in the sport are juicing or they're young enough yet that they haven't yet hit a point (age, injury, pressure, etc) where they're really pushed to do so.

Silva couldn't have handled his post-pop narrative worse, but that doesn't change erase years of badassery, not counting his more bizarre showings.

Sure.

He confirmed what we all already suspected, that most are on roids. Hell, half of his opponents popped for roids. His last 2 losses come to a guy with a .09 t/e ratio.

You guys really need to stop using that like you know your shit. If Weidman's test results were questionable, the anti doping professionals that are constantly looking into the fighters would have raised a flag, would have stopped him from competing if they had a reason to. They don't have a reason, all this stupid hyperbole from sherdog bro scientists doesn't make it in any way plausible. Focusing on other people's low T is just for Anderson fans to feel what he did was justified, in reality it's nothing. It's bullshit to validate the cheating of your mancrush

Franklin/Silva I was the first UFC event I watched. Silva's dominance was the reason I kept watching.

Having said that, he doesn't even crack my top 10 favorite fighters now. I don't hate him but I'll never look at him the same way again.

I've always been of the mind that pretty much every fighter is using PEDs in some way.

I still respect Anderson, but his game isn't grappling-oriented enough for me to be a huge fan of his. His getting busted doesn't change my perspective of him at all though.

I mean hell, Josh Barnett is one of my favourite fighters.

If he shows up to fight, then yes.

However, I can do without the asshole that fought Cote, Leites, Maia and Weidman.

I understand someone's reluctance to disavow support and/or, in the case of Anderson, conjure excuses for their favorite fighter after years of fandom. I get it.

What would crack me up the most though is to run a cross section of Andy fans who trashed Chael for illegal steroid use. Oh the many, many hits that would come back on that report.

Never was. I always thought he was a great fighter but an arrogant piece of shit.

Now I think he's a clown with A limp dick that has the iq less than Bush.

Bush's IQ was estimated to around 120-125 and he has degrees from Harvard and Yale and was able to get elected to leader of the free world twice. Dumb he was not so let's not go that route. You were rolling strong until that point but you finished with a dull thud.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Presidential_IQ_hoax

Last edited:
Still a fan. Whether he took PEDS or not, whether it was during his entire carrer or not, I still support him. The guy did things we have never seen before and maybe never will.

If we want to be honest, we can't ignore that the majority of fighters are on something. You have to be delusionnal to think otherwise. With the pace they have to keep and the level of competition, you have to live in disneyland to think that an elite fighter is 100% clean. Come on guys.

This.

I understand someone's reluctance to disavow support and/or, in the case of Anderson, conjure excuses for their favorite fighter after years of fandom. I get it.

What would crack me up the most though is to run a cross section of Andy fans who trashed Chael for illegal steroid use. Oh the many, many hits that would come back on that report.

Bush's IQ was estimated to around 120-125 and he has degrees from Harvard and Yale and was able to get elected to leader of the free world twice. Dumb he was not so let's not go that route. You were rolling strong until that point but you finished with a dull thud.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Presidential_IQ_hoax

Did you seriously just point me to Wikipedia to support your comment?

Let's try Stanford:

http://web.stanford.edu/group/wais/Politics/politics_bush062704.htm

And yes Bush is an idiot.

Back