Are you still a fan of Anderson Silva?

It's as if some people care more about if someone gets caught than if they are actually taking something, because most UFC fighters are probably on something.

It must be pure coincidence that Anderson along with many others got popped for roids once drug testing got stricter. I don't think many people try steroids for the first time at age 40.

Keep dreaming, guy.

Correlation does not imply causation.

Completely disagree. If anything, a genuinely good fighter would have more pressure to start using at 40, after going through a decline in speed and reaction time through their mid-30's, and ESPECIALLY if they previously had an unprecedented 7-year run as UFC champ and P4P GOAT until age 37.

It's hard to believe when so many others are users of peds. There's a slim
Chance that he didn't use at least a few other times in his career. What about that pic of the hypodermic needles that's been floating around the web? I often give fighters the benefit of the doubt, but I can't see someone deciding to risk their legacy by starting to use drugs once the testing became much less lenient.

Always a fan. I think 99% of top fighters are on one thing or another, so it doesn't bother me.

Correlation does not imply causation.

Anderson cheated. Does that sound better. My guess is as good as anyone's. I'm sorry your idol had to cheat in order to be confident enough to fight nick Diaz apparently

Chance that he didn't use at least a few other times in his career. What about that pic of the hypodermic needles that's been floating around the web? I often give fighters the benefit of the doubt, but I can't see someone deciding to risk their legacy by starting to use drugs once the testing became much less lenient.

So you admit you just hate Silva? lol

If you believe that so many others are users that it would impact the decision of a fighter whether or not to use PEDs, and you are still a fan of others, then you must not really care about PEDs.

Some of my vitriol is tempered by the fact that many of his opponents were also using. Still, I don't support cheaters. I'm not his fan.

His BONE was "healed" in May/June. That has NOTHING to do with his Tibialis anterior muscle, calf muscle and achilles tendon that surrounds the lower leg. All of those muscles/tendon were atrophied.

Many people on these boards [including myself] have had a broken bones. Doctors remove your cast after the bone is "healed" but the leg/arm is still smaller than the other. That's why you have to go through some sort of therapy to regain those muscles which takes months if not years to get back to normal. Anderson immediately started "fully" training to FIGHT A WORLD CLASS OPPOPNENT in 6 months time at 40 years of age.

uh silva's cast was off like 2 weeks after his injury. Silva was walking in February without crutches. punching pads as early as end of february. Was full fighting contact clear for training in beginning of May. Based on that I'm guessing heavy weight lifting in April, with light exercises and resistance exercises on his leg as early as February. You make it seem like he was laying on a couch all the way until May doing absolutely nothing which is a complete lie, he was extensively rehabbing with the best doctors in California. He could have trained naturally and been 100% in July/august, let alone the last day of January of the next year, which is when the diaz fight was.
He got busted in his first random test, his NSAC hearing gives off the strong impression he's been using for a while and they embarrassed him. his story was completely ridiculous.

Interesting. Everyone is against PEDS but some don't seem to care that Anderson used and make excuses for him.

This is after he gives a big fuck you to everyone. Why not come clean and accept it?
That would be more respectful at least to everyone and less insulting.
i mean he's all about tradition and respect right?

It must be pure coincidence that Anderson along with many others got popped for roids once drug testing got stricter. I don't think many people try steroids for the first time at age 40.

Keep dreaming, guy.

It's very common that "natural athletes" like Anderson, Bones, Henderson ect can compete well into their 30's; what's so hard to understand about a 40 yearl old needing/wanting to use PED's to get back to their usual abilities? You go to ANY gym and you'll find many guys in their 40's [with decent physiques] are on something but weren't in their 20's-30's.

What in hell do you think legitimate TRT is for? It's not like a doctor recommends it for 20/30 year olds. It's intended use is for 40+.

Huge fan of his body of work, but definitely not a fan of his actions recently. Nothing can take away from what he accomplished in the UFC.

Always. Based on the available evidence, he took steroids because he wanted his leg to heal faster, and injuries heal a lot faster with the test levels of a 20 year old than a 40 year old. Not allowed, but understandable.

I thought it was just sexually enhancing drugs.

Nope, never was. And people that think a former Pride fighter only juiced for his leg are delusional as fuck.

When did you become a fan and who was your favorite fighter?

EDIT: (fighters)

I'm not a real fan but I usually have cheered for him to win. I never thought he was that great and so there was a feeling of his luck is going to run out. The drug charges haven't changed my feeling

It's very common that "natural athletes" like Anderson, Bones, Henderson ect can compete well into their 30's; what's so hard to understand about a 40 yearl old needing/wanting to use PED's to get back to their usual abilities? You go to ANY gym and you'll find many guys in their 40's [with decent physiques] are on something but weren't in their 20's-30's.

What in hell do you think legitimate TRT is for? It's not like a doctor recommends it for 20/30 year olds. It's intended use is for 40+.

I'm not sticking up for anyone using PEDs in the sport, but this. Why wouldn't a 40 year old man want to use to become what he once was?

Aside from the random, he failed the simplest of tests. Why hasn't he done that before?

I appreciate displays of excellent technique, so yes, I'm still a fan.

Still a fan. Sure, he's likely being dishonest, but at least he has the decency to be entertaining while doing so.

Personally, I could give 2 shits if he was using previously or not. The facts are that the majority of top fighters use or have used in their careers. It's also a fact that Anderson's style has NEVER depended on the advantages commonly associated with PED's.

I don't think it's possible to have followed him since his first UFC fight vs. Leben and NOT be a fan of his raw skills.

To the blind haters out there, does it register how implausible and unrealistic it would be for a 40-yo to fight again professionally 13 months after breaking his leg in half WITHOUT PED's? Add to that the lost confidence issue and to me, Anderson is forgiven like a muthafucka.

Never was. I always thought he was a great fighter but an arrogant piece of shit.

Now I think he's a clown with A limp dick that has the iq less than Bush.

Back