Are you still a fan of Anderson Silva?

always liked him alot ever since Pride, but never understood why anyone would call him the GOAT. A guy with poor wrestling and wrestling defense can never be considered to be the greatest fighter of all time. I don't even like that term in general. But if you were to use it, you'd have to pick someone that is beyond excellent at everything, not just landing deceptively hard punches in the right places.

I agree the term GOAT is bullshit hyperbole. But if anyone is worthy of it, Anderson's got to be up there. The point isn't that he was the best at every discipline, but that he dominated the best in every discipline of his weight class for 7+ years.

Before they fought, I for one thought Hendo would have his number. WRONG. Then I thought Chael's wrestling would do it. Sorry Charlie. Anderson showed that even despite his massive shortcoming of having crap wrestling, he was still the best in the world against everybody else.

It would be like Nick Newell winning and defending the UFC 155 strap for 7 years, despite his handicap. If he did that, would you question his greatness because he doesn't have 2 arms?

Last edited:
Stopped being a fan after his fight w/ Maia.

I was never an AS "fan," but I always looked forward to his fights and I was confident I would see something spectacular when he entered the Octagon.

But, now he's relegated to the rank of cheater, so those memories are forever tarnished.

Fedor.

Whoever was a fan before the test and isn't anymore is a poor naive sap.

Lol at the Anderson fans who gave Chael shit for roiding

I used to be a big fan but got sick of him back when he dragged out his fights and acted like a jerkass in the arena, shouting at his opponents and beating his chest.

I kept saying I hope he gets knocked out while clowning and when it happened it made my LIFE

But when he barely beat a high Diaz and came out with all these drugs himself?

I lost any bit of respect I had left for the guy.

Pathetic is the word that sprung to mind when I read that!

Was never a big fan because of his poor attitude. But I respect & admire the guy for his skills. I miss his fights, that's for sure.

I never really cared for him one way or the other. But his NSAC hearing definitely brought the laughs.

Can't respect a cheater. Won't ever be cheering for him no more. Lying about it only makes it worse

Yes and always will be. His feats inside the octagon outweigh the steroids and kinda disrespectful weird behavior.

Always. Based on the available evidence, he took steroids because he wanted his leg to heal faster, and injuries heal a lot faster with the test levels of a 20 year old than a 40 year old. Not allowed, but understandable.

Steroids are for muscles, not bones.

I wish he'd just manned up and admitted the PED use instead of inventing some story that was ... ridiculous. That said, always a fan of what he did in the cage.

Back