• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are people more angry and violent than before?

You only go out for “yoga related stuff”?
Well, reading shit like that is enough to make me violent. Then seeing some of the twats who commented before me…. That too.

It means yoga chicks. If that makes you violent than you should because you don know what you missin!

More violent on an individual basis? IMO, no.

More violent in mob scenarios? Yes

I grew up scrapping for whatever reason. It was a thing when I was a kid. No programs on preventing bullying. No "speak up" initiative. Someone was a dick to you and you decked them on the spot or told them to meet you after school and you'd fight.

That doesn't seem as common today although schools in the rough areas still have plenty of fighting. People have lost social skills and I think social media has emboldened individuals to become part of a mob and give in to mob violence.

The skinny Antifa wannabe nerd types wouldn't say boo to anyone in person 1V1. Put them in a crowd of like-minded drones and they'll smash windows, throw rocks, and run up on people to hit them.

I feel like it's less violent until I look at street fight videos. 75% of them end up in someone repeatedly kicking a corpse in the head and nobody stepping in. That didn't happen much back in the day. People fought more often but there was a code. My guess is they know they are most likely being filmed and they want to look like some super badasa

Everyone thinks the past was a utopia / "good old days" and the present is the absolute worst!

Studies will show that crime has plummeted since the 90s.
h548LQI.png

I don't know about anger, but I believe anti-depressants use is at an all-time high. It could be due to more people who are depressed, better awareness of mental health, or both.

Coincides with Suge Knight going to jail.. Coincidence..? I think not..

Maybe less violent than the 90's and 2000's, but it seems like mental illness is at an all time high.

It probably seems like world is more violent because so much shit is projected all over social media and the internet in general. Back when it was way more violent all you had was the newspaper and the nightly news. Even then those media outlets could over cover so much.

For sure. Less violence overall, much more violence getting filmed and shared through media.

People are more angry or aloof nowadays, but there’s less violence overall. The former is a by product of social media, more ethnic mixing of populations, and increasing economic stratification.

violence has decreased because there’s more programs in place for the poor and increased supervision due to technology. I.E. It’s much harder to be a serial killer nowadays than back in the 90’s. Only violent shit that has definitely increased is School shootings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back