Social SoCal surfer is angry at random people filming surfers and uploading vids to YT before the surfers can upload their vids.

Lol. I think you might have found the problem I care about least of all in the entire world.

Like shit up guy. No one cares who gets the first likes on tik tok or whatever

They can be very cliquish. And pretty snobby / stuck-up / I-am-better-than-you attitude.
Yeah. But it’s funny because they pretty much contribute nothing to society other than people being able to watch them surf.

Pretty lame to record someone against their will. Even worse if the person recording makes any money off it. “Content producers” and youtubers can rot in hell as far as I’m concerned. They contribute nothing to society. I hope the surfers catch them and throw their phone/drone in the ocean.

I say tough shit. If you're out in public you're fair game.
I concur they have a sense of entitlement to a public space, the surfers here in lunada bay in palos verdes have a similar territorial localism.

The irony is that surfers have a popular stereotype for being territorial, harassing newbies who enter breaks the local surfers think belongs to them. How true this stereotype is I don't know. Could be true for some areas??
Localism is very real they break peoples cars windows here. Palos verdes has the worst localism because they cops side with the rich locals.

I agree. Surfers are the most worthless people in the planet but also the most conceited. They’re all fucking assholes.

No... you're the most worthless on the planet, conceited, and likely an asshole! lol j/k

There are plenty of asshole surfers for sure, perhaps more so than other sports as most surfers are very individualistic. Some of the people I dislike the most in this world are fellow surfers I grew up with in my 20's. But, there are also some of the coolest people you can meet, if you get the right guys. Those that are usually the "soul surfers" (Rob Machado types), where I like to plant my flag, are usually incredibly chill and will help people out. I am sure we save more people than lifeguards each year due top sheer volume of us and we are right on the scene often.

Localism is very real they break peoples cars windows here. Palos verdes has the worst localism because they cops side with the rich locals.

yeah... that's been a big issue up there for a very long time. I thought there was finally some court case and crack down? I know I've avoided going up there as I've heard the stories.

No... you're the most worthless on the planet, conceited, and likely an asshole! lol j/k

There are plenty of asshole surfers for sure, perhaps more so than other sports as most surfers are very individualistic. Some of the people I dislike the most in this world are fellow surfers I grew up with in my 20's. But, there are also some of the coolest people you can meet, if you get the right guys. Those that are usually the "soul surfers" (Rob Machado types), where I like to plant my flag, are usually incredibly chill and will help people out. I am sure we save more people than lifeguards each year due top sheer volume of us and we are right on the scene often.
A lot of cyclists are entitled assholes too. Had a few run-ins with them on the roads. They think they don't have to follow the rules of the road but motorists do. I'll share the road but they have to do their part as well.

This has been an issue in skateboarding too. Normally the skaters and filmers talk to the others filming asking them to not post it. I've heard of them giving the bystander product and such as well for goodwill. It hasn't really been a major problem because of that.

The definition of first world problems

Why the fuck is anyone filming someone else surfing? Stopping for a few minutes to watch and admire their skill, sure, but actually filming it? And then uploading it to YouTube? What? Why??

Why the fuck is anyone filming someone else surfing? Stopping for a few minutes to watch and admire their skill, sure, but actually filming it? And then uploading it to YouTube? What? Why??
Because theyre usually pro surfers who have followings

Sucks for the surfer but he is gonna have to deal with it if its legal to film without consent. Where i live its illegal to take photos or film people without consent.

Back