Social SoCal surfer is angry at random people filming surfers and uploading vids to YT before the surfers can upload their vids.

Imagine lacking any skill so you film someone and tell everyone what you saw, and get sad that te person doesn't want you to film them

TS, do you think, like at all, for yourself? or do you live vicariously

This guys a dork. People that watch surf videos like to watch surf videos.

Why the fuck is anyone filming someone else surfing? Stopping for a few minutes to watch and admire their skill, sure, but actually filming it? And then uploading it to YouTube? What? Why??
The sexual thrill?

uo3dw4efcmt31.jpg

I thought being at the beach involved meeting babes.
f1qoiyv7paq51.jpg

and then going back with them to the condo they rented for the week.

Imagine lacking any skill so you film someone and tell everyone what you saw, and get sad that te person doesn't want you to film them

TS, do you think, like at all, for yourself? or do you live vicariously
What do you mean?

What has posting a weird / amusing story got to do with living?

Youtube will only step in if the video you filmed of someone else without their permission is monetized. otherwise, sucks to be you
Christ, really? Youtube fucking sucks nowadays. Too many rules and restrictions.

which part sucks?
Just in general how over-regulated it is now, and how easily it is to be demonitized or kept from making money on there. Too many rules. Too many ads. I miss the good old days of like 2007 where pretty much anything went.

Just in general how over-regulated it is now, and how easily it is to be demonitized or kept from making money on there. Too many rules. Too many ads. I miss the good old days of like 2007 where pretty much anything went.
It definitely has its problems. i have made a living off of it for 15 years and have had to make a lot of adjustments over the years. but this part i think is fair. i mean you can film random people and post it and get paid. but if you film me, and then monetize it, IF i did not want to be filmed i can go to youtube and complain and they will demonetize the video. but i have never had that happen after posting thousands and thousands of videos. so in the case of the op, i think it would be fair

but in the old days i reuploaded a kimbo slice fight and made $20,000 from it over about 8 years until they finally took it down

It definitely has its problems. i have made a living off of it for 15 years and have had to make a lot of adjustments over the years. but this part i think is fair. i mean you can film random people and post it and get paid. but if you film me, and then monetize it, IF i did not want to be filmed i can go to youtube and complain and they will demonetize the video. but i have never had that happen after posting thousands and thousands of videos. so in the case of the op, i think it would be fair

but in the old days i reuploaded a kimbo slice fight and made $20,000 from it over about 8 years until they finally took it down
I've never posted a video to youtube. But it seems like it's easy to make money if you know what to do. I just need to figure it out. But damn them for making it so freaking difficult and being so freaking sensitive. (I don't just mean about people not wanting to be filmed. I mean in general it seems like a real bitch to be on there)

Back