Are Americans falling behind in MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't yell at me dude, I don't know anything about it!:D

There are American champions as we speak though so I don't really see the problem.
About boxing, maybe people stopped caring? I don't know.

I this its a cultural shift, the sissy new generation cant fight the way they used to be able to.

theres no room for MMA in a safespace

Actually its bantamweight

If your career as a cartoonist spoof troll dosent take off perhaps you could teach english...in alabama

That's "doesn't", "English", and "Alabama."

Contractions need an apostrophe, and English and Alabama are proper nouns and need to capitalized.

Also how the fuck did you not realize he was joking?

26 years ago no-holds-barred fighting was supposed to prove what the greatest martial art was, here we are today and I think the answer is pretty clear mixed martial arts as a style is superior to every other discipline ever created however I've noticed that the United States has fewer mixed martial arts gyms then I expected by now.

I expected mixed martial arts to take over the world but today if you search for MMA on Google Maps 99% of the results will be Brazilian jiu-jitsu gyms.

Royce Gracie was a Phenom No Doubt but we don't see anybody walking into the ring in a Jiu-Jitsu Gi nowadays however 99% of your training opportunities in 99% of America's hometowns is traditional Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

why has Brazilian jiu-jitsu dominated the the American martial arts market for so many years and it's almost impossible to find pure mixed martial arts as a style in most of America's towns?

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu doesn't have video games or TV shows or betting odds like MMA however it dominates the martial arts Marketplace!

I really feel like the rest of the world is leaving America in the dust and the fact that we are the biggest country with the best technology and the best athletes and still don't dominate the grappling Sports and MMA is a bit of a cluster.

In a lot of countries the state actually has free gymnasiums where people can go train in Combat Athletics meanwhile in America all our training opportunitys are private for-profit businesses who sweat liability and prioritize profits.

don't let the UFC rankings fool you,
I don't think the UFC has the best fighters in the world I think they put on the best fights in the world there's a difference!
Does this have to do with Cain losing?

Fedor was significantly better than Big Tim also.

thats a fact, pride was a japanese org that was all about the contest, even their FAKE wrestling is more realistic.

UFC is starting to flirt with fake wrestling

That's "doesn't", "English", and "Alabama."

Contractions need an apostrophe, and English and Alabama are proper nouns and need to capitalized.

Also how the fuck did you not realize he was joking?

awesome...an english nanny on a cagefighting forum!!!

[epic confirmation of thread title]

how do you know i wasent jokeing..lol

[proofread that]

1920px-UFC-Champs.PNG

I this its a cultural shift, the sissy new generation cant fight the way they used to be able to.

theres no room for MMA in a safespace
There is that cultural shift but you still have champions. Plus, most countries follow USA's cultural shifts anyway so there's no big difference. Also, there's always people who simply don't follow those shifts/trends etc (they're not that many but still).
I gotta point out though that the next generations follow the path that the previous ones made for them. They don't deserve to carry 100% of the blame.

There is that cultural shift but you still have champions. Plus, most countries follow USA's cultural shifts anyway so there's no big difference. Also, there's always people who simply don't follow those shifts/trends etc (they're not that many but still).
I gotta point out though that the next generations follow the path that the previous ones made for them. They don't deserve to carry 100% of the blame.

All very good points but its clear where heading down the safety sensitive path.

Here we are talking about getting rid of football in high school.

People get hurt in Athletics that's why it's so exciting to watch because there is an element of danger.

As far as I'm concerned after rock climbing base jumping and Motorsports Combat Athletics are nowhere near as dangerous as many of the other things people have the freedom to do.

awesome...an english nanny on a cagefighting forum!!!

[epic confirmation of thread title]

how do you know i wasent jokeing..lol

[proofread that]

The thing is, I'm not an English major or teacher, just a native speaker. I'm also not the one who made it a point to criticize someone's English, you were.

If you were joking, it was bad.

His was obvious. That's the difference

America does great at the Olympics and has the worst (i.e. essentially non-existent) state support in the entire world. Soon-to-be Olympic gold medalists work in Starbuck's to afford a place to live so they can train their asses off to rep their country. And despite having to concern themselves with paying the bills, they still kill it (especially) at the Summer Olympics every 4 years.

So no, lack of state support has never held back Americans from athletic excellence.

Your medal to population ratio is horrendous. I’ve also never seen a country with more obese people. A fascinating race no doubt.

FlW Champ: American
BW: American
FW: American
LW: Non American
WW: American
MW: Non American
LhW: American
HW: American

6/8 American champs. Why aren't we asking what happened to all the Brazilian champs since USADA instead?

FlW Champ: American
BW: American
FW: American
LW: Non American
WW: American
MW: Non American
LhW: American
HW: American

6/8 American champs. Why aren't we asking what happened to all the Brazilian champs since USADA instead?

what exactly has happened to the Brazilians?

Americans hold 7 out of 11 UFC belts and 3/6 in Bellator currently....

Max Holloway is Hawaiian and I think that's arguably not REALLY American

having grown up there that is not an typical American society and they have a completely different attitude about Martial arts and government responsibility....
but for argument's sake let's include him in the red white and blue.

I think there is more math to consider.

If you look at the top 5 longest reigning champions and the top 10 in each weight class all of a sudden that 7/11 and 3/6 of America's largest mixed martial arts tournaments isn't so impressive

Last edited:
The thing is, I'm not an English major or teacher, just a native speaker. I'm also not the one who made it a point to criticize someone's English, you were.

If you were joking, it was bad.

His was obvious. That's the difference

I just think its funny that you care.

Especially when the main thrust of my argument is that the fans are condition to be a little too " civilized"

I don't know whos rescue you were coming to but I don't start things. I am always 100% friendly and respectful even when people try to break bad.

That said... if somebody insults me I'll jab them back so I think you were just defending your little bully buddy LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back