Are Americans falling behind in MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-guerilla-

Founder of the Louisville fight club est..1993
Banned
Reaction score
26 years ago no-holds-barred fighting was supposed to prove what the greatest martial art was, here we are today and I think the answer is pretty clear mixed martial arts as a style is superior to every other discipline ever created however I've noticed that the United States has fewer mixed martial arts gyms then I expected by now.

I expected mixed martial arts to take over the world but today if you search for MMA on Google Maps 99% of the results will be Brazilian jiu-jitsu gyms.

Royce Gracie was a Phenom No Doubt but we don't see anybody walking into the ring in a Jiu-Jitsu Gi nowadays however 99% of your training opportunities in 99% of America's hometowns is traditional Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

why has Brazilian jiu-jitsu dominated the the American martial arts market for so many years and it's almost impossible to find pure mixed martial arts as a style in most of America's towns?

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu doesn't have video games or TV shows or betting odds like MMA however it dominates the martial arts Marketplace!

I really feel like the rest of the world is leaving America in the dust and the fact that we are the biggest country with the best technology and the best athletes and still don't dominate the grappling Sports and MMA is a bit of a cluster.

In a lot of countries the state actually has free gymnasiums where people can go train in Combat Athletics meanwhile in America all our training opportunitys are private for-profit businesses who sweat liability and prioritize profits.

don't let the UFC rankings fool you,
I don't think the UFC has the best fighters in the world I think they put on the best fights in the world there's a difference!

Ask the NCAA to recognize MMA.

Then parents in the USA will force their kids to cage fight in the hopes of getting that "full ride" scholarship.

483ad7e3e43b7a7b5eb97805820ca2e2.gif

There was a million mma gyms when Chuck was knocking people out. They all went out of business and mma quickly faded out of pop culture in the US. There’s very few people who are even casual fans now, and nobody even knows who the champs are.

BJJ is advertised for women and children. There's only a certain type of male who goes around proud they attend the same class.

26 years ago no-holds-barred fighting was supposed to prove what the greatest martial art was, here we are today and I think the answer is pretty clear mixed martial arts as a style is superior to every other discipline ever created however I've noticed that the United States has fewer mixed martial arts gyms then I expected by now.

I expected mixed martial arts to take over the world but today if you search for MMA on Google Maps 99% of the results will be Brazilian jiu-jitsu gyms.

Royce Gracie was a Phenom No Doubt but we don't see anybody walking into the ring in a Jiu-Jitsu Gi nowadays however 99% of your training opportunities in 99% of America's hometowns is traditional Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

why has Brazilian jiu-jitsu dominated the the American martial arts market for so many years and it's almost impossible to find pure mixed martial arts as a style in most of America's towns?

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu doesn't have video games or TV shows or betting odds like MMA however it dominates the martial arts Marketplace!

I really feel like the rest of the world is leaving America in the dust and the fact that we are the biggest country with the best technology and the best athletes and still don't dominate the grappling Sports and MMA is a bit of a cluster.

In a lot of countries the state actually has free gymnasiums where people can go train in Combat Athletics meanwhile in America all our training opportunitys are private for-profit businesses who sweat liability and prioritize profits.

don't let the UFC rankings fool you,
I don't think the UFC has the best fighters in the world I think they put on the best fights in the world there's a difference!

8 Championship Belts on the Men's Side - 6 are in the hands of US athletes

4 Championship Belts on the Women's Side - 1 is in the hands of a US athlete

7 out of 12 UFC belts controlled by the USA. No other country has more than 1. If the USA is losing, who the fuck is winning?

What a dumb post.

falling behind on not getting caught steroids

7 out of 12 UFC belts controlled by the USA. No other country has more than 1. If the USA is losing, who the fuck is winning?

What a dumb post.

7 of 12....
So we don't dominate it..
And
We really fail in the grappling sports of judo and wrestling

What a dumb post.
Easy when almost 90% of the fighters are from USA.

America does great at the Olympics and has the worst (i.e. essentially non-existent) state support in the entire world. Soon-to-be Olympic gold medalists work in Starbuck's to afford a place to live so they can train their asses off to rep their country. And despite having to concern themselves with paying the bills, they still kill it (especially) at the Summer Olympics every 4 years.

So no, lack of state support has never held back Americans from athletic excellence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back