• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anybodyelse painfully indifferent towards Jiri Vs. Poatan?

I am indifferent on the fight because the rematch seems very unnecessary at this point. I understand its the best the UFC could do on short notice, but its one of those fights I will be watching the replay of the next day. makes sense why ESPN was offering the 303 ppv at a discounted price if you bought it in advance.

I hope Alex wins because we get stuck with how much time spent on the same 2 guys fighting for the LHW title? Rematches really suck, even though the fight should be fireworks. If Ankalaev or Rountree was thrown in, I'd be more excited. Alex beat Hill and Jiri pretty straightforward, I don't see why to waste Pereira's time on this match.

I love both guys. But, I just don't care who wins. I just wanna see fireworks and a good fight. Either of them being a champ would be great for the division and the sport. Winner should get Smith if he beats Carlos. I wanna see Smith fumble a title fight for the LOLZ.....

Yeah. Jiri has fast become my favorite fighter and I don't really want to see him get his spirit crushed.

This is a horrible matchup and running it back far too quickly after their first very decisive matchup with insufficient time for Jiri to improve to give reason to expect a different outcome.

And I like Alex.
I would rather see him KO someone else.
And he seems like a good dude so if Jiri somehow wins, then it puts a big dent in his thus far pretty fucking epic mma journey.

Yeah. Jiri has fast become my favorite fighter and I don't really want to see him get his spirit crushed.

This is a horrible matchup and running it back far too quickly after their first very decisive matchup with insufficient time for Jiri to improve to give reason to expect a different outcome.

And I like Alex.
I would rather see him KO someone else.
And he seems like a good dude so if Jiri somehow wins, then it puts a big dent in his thus far pretty fucking epic mma journey.

There's no doubt they are two of the most likeable fighters in the UFC these days.

They can fight, their fights are generally very entertaining, and in their own unique ways they are both endearing out of the ring.

So yeah even though it's an exciting matchup and I would much prefer it to any Pillowfists McGregory fight (apart from maybe McGregory vs Alex) I would also ideally like different opponents for each. I'm looking forward to the fight, but it seems kind of inevitable that Alex wins again, especially considering his chin seems a lot more solid at 205.

I don't hate him, but he is kind of an asshole. The best case scenario is Jiri taking him down and turning his ass into potato salad. Hopefully his nuthuggers will go away forever.

Ah yes D1 Jiri would be terrifying indeed

There's no doubt they are two of the most likeable fighters in the UFC these days.

They can fight, their fights are generally very entertaining, and in their own unique ways they are both endearing out of the ring.

So yeah even though it's an exciting matchup and I would much prefer it to any Pillowfists McGregory fight (apart from maybe McGregory vs Alex) I would also ideally like different opponents for each. I'm looking forward to the fight, but it seems kind of inevitable that Alex wins again, especially considering his chin seems a lot more solid at 205.

Well said.

I would prefer to see each KO someone else.

Alex KO Ank
Jiri KTFO Jamahal Hill

Then run it back.
But that ain't how it is gonna go.

I'm sure it will be fun for however likely short time it goes.

Poatans fandom is warranted.

Potatoman's "fandom" consists mainly of these 3 things:

Israel Adesanya haters
Kickboxing noobs
Bandwagon jumping casuals

1 and 3 are basically the same types that swung from Khabib's nuts after the Conor fight. 2 is basically people who don't really care about MMA, just striking, they have no idea what they're looking at when it goes to the ground and say asinine shit like "panic wrestling" when their guy can't get up.

Israel Adesanya haters
Kickboxing noobs

1 and 3 are basically the same types that swung from Khabib's nuts after the Conor fight. 2 is basically people who don't really care about MMA, just striking, they have no idea what they're looking at when it goes to the ground and say asinine shit like "panic wrestling" when their guy can't get up.
You have to be a really bitter Izzy fan girl not to enjoy what Poatan has done in the UFC

Israel Adesanya haters
Kickboxing noobs

What’s this based on bud

Israel Adesanya haters
Kickboxing noobs

I like knockouts and Alex delivers. What does that fall under?

Back