Law Juneteenth as Federal Holiday

These mass shootings are not treated the same way other mass shootings are, just like the genocide going on in major American cities doesn’t seem to be a priority or cause for panic in these communities. When the shooter is white, they make an appoint to point that out, even if they don’t have a suspect in custody. Their favorite words are “John smith, who is white, shot and killed Joe jones, who is black, after an argument….” Never ever the other way around. Never is it “Joe jones, who is black, shot and killed John smith, who is white.” And when the story reads like the first example, white/black crime, people like ben crump, cori bush, ayanna presley, and other grifters wrote tweets, have press conferences, and get in front of cameras. And especially when it is a white police officer. There are protests, sometimes riots and looting, etc. Everyone suddenly cares about the victims death, but if they were shot by another black suspect, no one cares at all. And when the suspect is black, they pretend like no one asked for a description of the suspect(s).

Address gun violence when?

I dunno how do you tell the group most responsible for it to knock it off ? Easy access to guns is a line of horse shit country boys and suburban kids have access to an insane amount of fire power and yet you can go to a graduation a concert or a barbecue and be pretty confident you aren't getting shot .

I am all for replacing Columbus day with Indegenous Peoples' day. We need far more appreciation and recongnition of Amerindians.
I'm against replacing any holidays. Add a dozen more instead. The holiday count needs to rise not stay static.

Happy Juneteenth everyone.

Last edited:
Back