Law Juneteenth as Federal Holiday

Keeping up the tradition.

Round rock Texas: 17-year-old was arrested in connection with the shooting that killed two women and injured 14 others at a Juneteenth festival on Saturday, the Round Rock Police Department announced Thursday.

The shooter is ugly af and the police chief looks like a Dave Chappelle character

Another one:17-year-old Milwaukee boy was shot and killed and another teen was injured Wednesday night in a shooting at Washington Park, where a Juneteenth Peace Day event had just taken place. Peaceday lol.

Still more. Oakland:

Shooting at Oakland Juneteenth celebration leaves multiple injured, police say.​

There’s video of this one. Chaos. There were people actually yelling at and blaming police for this shooting. They want “sideshows” and left alone. Now they bitch when they get just that. The one witness says they were there to celebrate their culture. Well, honey, this has become part of it. Enjoy.

Juneteenth, a dumbass name imo-almost juvenile, was never a thing when I was a cop, but Father’s Day was always a big crime day. Combine these two and feelings are flowing and people feeling some type of way. Violence ensues.

But, these mass shootings will be tallied and made to sound like “lone white males” opened up on a mall or event and biden will want to shackle the gun rights of law abiding citizens instead of hammering violators. Smh

I live right next to the first shooting area. Beautiful park.

I"ve lived in countries that allowed guns and I've lived in countries that dont allow guns. I've felt safer in the countries that do not allow guns.

Two mass shootings a day on average in the USA in 2023.
What makes these ones stand out for y'all?

It appears as though it's just another shitty day in an exceedingly over armed and violent country.
Or they took place at a Juneteenth celebration

RIP

We need fathers to step up
Also you need to get rid of street code report crimes.

If you're scared of retaliation tell them you're scared and will only talk to police at the precinct and not to go to your house. That way until trial you'll probably be in the clear.

Why is the word "Or" in your statement. Seems an irrelevant link to my post.
ie) Both statements are true.
You're being obtuse here. The thread is about shootings on Juneteenth that are directly related to Juneteenth. Fuck off with whatever you're trying to do.

Keeping up the tradition.

Round rock Texas: 17-year-old was arrested in connection with the shooting that killed two women and injured 14 others at a Juneteenth festival on Saturday, the Round Rock Police Department announced Thursday.

The shooter is ugly af and the police chief looks like a Dave Chappelle character

Another one:17-year-old Milwaukee boy was shot and killed and another teen was injured Wednesday night in a shooting at Washington Park, where a Juneteenth Peace Day event had just taken place. Peaceday lol.

Still more. Oakland:

Shooting at Oakland Juneteenth celebration leaves multiple injured, police say.​

There’s video of this one. Chaos. There were people actually yelling at and blaming police for this shooting. They want “sideshows” and left alone. Now they bitch when they get just that. The one witness says they were there to celebrate their culture. Well, honey, this has become part of it. Enjoy.

Juneteenth, a dumbass name imo-almost juvenile, was never a thing when I was a cop, but Father’s Day was always a big crime day. Combine these two and feelings are flowing and people feeling some type of way. Violence ensues.

But, these mass shootings will be tallied and made to sound like “lone white males” opened up on a mall or event and biden will want to shackle the gun rights of law abiding citizens instead of hammering violators. Smh

When this story originally started making the rounds, they claimed that the shooter was one of those evil White supremacists that we keep hearing about.

That's now the traditional celebration. Happy Juneteenth.

office-space-chotchkie-s-annoying-waiter-tw2dra7oqo7t6hhg.gif

You're being obtuse here. The thread is about shootings on Juneteenth that are directly related to Juneteenth. Fuck off with whatever you're trying to do.
Like point out back handed racism perhaps?

Two mass shootings a day on average in the USA in 2023.
What makes these ones stand out for y'all?

It appears as though it's just another shitty day in an exceedingly over armed and violent country.
On the contrary, so far in 2024, there has been a rate of 1.36 mass shootings per day. So two deviates above the norm for the year.

But, strangely, not all of them are being counted. In the article from last year linked in the OP:
NBC News said:
There have been 307 mass shootings in the U.S. in 2023, according to the Gun Violence Archive, a nonprofit project that tracks incidents. It defines a mass shooting as a single incident in which at least four people — other than the shooter — are shot.
Now, I've detailed many times in the past decade how greatly it has irritated me that the definition of a "mass shooting" has changed depending on what is convenient for whatever narrative is being pushed in a particular story. It used to be four people killed, and it used to be in a public space, a place freely accessible to the public, but those conditions have been discarded. So now, for example, a family murder-suicide that includes a family as large as five people, where the murderer used a gun for all four victims, in their own private home, would count as a "mass shooting". A bit strange, but okay, that's where we are.

Well, visit The Gun Archive's mass shooting page:
There's only two incidents listed for June 19, 2024: one in Oakland, California, and one in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

What about the one in Round Rock, Texas? CNN themselves report is as a "mass shooting". CNN even references the Gun Archive at the end of this article:
A 17-year-old was arrested on charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon Thursday morning in this weekend’s mass shooting at a Juneteenth celebration in Round Rock, Texas, which left two people dead and 14 others injured, according to police.
Two people were killed at the scene. 14 were injured, including six with "severe injuries" that were taken to the hospital for trauma care. Obviously those aren't injuries to a shin or whatever that victims sometimes suffer when running (often falling or colliding with something) from the chaos of the scene. And, if awaiting confirmation that at least an additional two besides the two dead were shot, not injured in some other manner, the incident isn't listed anywhere among the general shootings tracked by the body that aren't categorized as "mass shootings", either.

Weird. I'm sure it will be corrected with a future update.

Back