• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

!!! Anthony Smith Should Never Mention Alex Pereira's Name Againnnn!!!

Anthony Smith is just coasting nowadays. His best days are behind him, he had a chance when he fought Jon Jones and now he’s heading towards retirement

Bro's been checked out fi some tayum now he ain't realize it yet tho mans got other ting gwan on

anthonySmithPowerSlap.png

Real talks did ok he shuld quit fighting n work full tayum fi slaps n UFC analyzing get dem benefits ain't no shame you feel me 💯🧠

Dolidze is a middleweight who took the fight on short notice and beat the shit out of a huge light heavy Anthony Smith...
He didnt really beat the shit out of Anthony Smith though. Thats what makes it worse.

He comfortably outpointed him by barely having any offense. Smith Still LOST to a guy who didnt really do all that much to him.

Roman is a much smaller guy who had his back and he seemingly couldnt get up.

Now...

I dont think Smith is a great fighter or anything but he was either injured coming into this one or burnt out.

This was a bad performance even for him.

So he hasnt beat any lhw champs, thanks.
Don't get the hype, sometimes you can tell a fighter night be good but just isn't the full psckage
He’s beaten the last 3 ufc 205 champions. This information is available to you. I know you have access to the internet.

Smith also took the fight on short notice and it was competitive.

What was competitive? The leg kick exchanges? Other than that smith got beat up. To make matters worse he let it happen and was happy to cruise until the final bell.in the second round when he would attempt to get up it was clear he had mentally checked out.they should take him off believe you me because I don't ever wanna hear him talk about "the road to the title"ever again.

Anthony isn't a gatekeeper,
What he is? Is a delusional moron, he's a warm up fight for a gate keeper

Well Alex mostly fought cans and avoided all the gatekeepers on his road to both titles so...
Shit take. He fought future champ Strickland on his way to his MW title and former champ Jan before his LHW title.
7 of 9 of his UFC fights have been against future or former UFC champs.

Dolidze is a middleweight who took the fight on short notice and beat the shit out of a huge light heavy Anthony Smith...

I don't like Smith much but:
- he is not a such a huge LHW and he also fought at MW. He is big, don't get me wrong, but not one of the biggest LHWs.
- Dolidze is a big MW at 191cm.
- Smith has almost 60 fights. I like that sherdoggers complain that a fighter is out of his prime after 30 fights, but when they bring in discussion a guy they don't like, like Smith, those 60 fights aren't mentioned.

Smith is not a bad fighter.
Not title contender material, of course. No idea how him, OSP or Thiago Santos got TS.
He was gate keeper material, but now he is 36 and with 60 fights, he should consider retirement or fight unranked guys with poor wrestling or poor cardio.

Dude is the Arlovski of light heavy, without the success.

Arlovski hasn't finished someone in 10 years.
And most of his fights are boring AF.
What he did vs Tuivasa at the end of the fight is actually shameful and he should have been cut for that.
No, I don't hate Arlo.

Smith, hate him or not, finishes fights and is not that boring.
11 finishes and 2 decisions in UFC.

Last edited:
Just because he himself is a journeyman at present, it doesn't mean he is wrong. Pereira is an extraordinary champion who has thrived through his striking. His hasn't shown much on the way of his grappling abilities. Granted, he trains consistently so he's bound to have improved over time, but he is not the best example of a champion who is very well rounded. He has limitations in his skillset, but which he works his way around by being superlatively good in some specific things.

I would like to see him against Ankalaev.

Back