Annoyance at restaurants

If they ever bitch at you about splitting the bill, they're just mad that they have to manually put it into the Micros system, which is the easiest thing in the world to work. Most servers are fucking idiots and struggle with touch screen computers, which are pretty standard in most restaurants.

Have you gotten a well done steak come out rare?

Jesus when servers split the bill before they put the order drives me up the wall.

I had a forty top last night that a server to save herself some time put in each order manually. That was some bullshit.

Patrons who don't respect the 50 others dining in their vicinity. Go to a bar if you want to yell and be obnoxious shitheel, some of us don't get out much and actually enjoy good food and conversing without having to scream over you.

elbows bro. random flying elbows. they may be just what the dr. ordered for situations like that.

Jesus when servers split the bill before they put the order drives me up the wall.

I had a forty top last night that a server to save herself some time put in each order manually. That was some bullshit.

What's worse is when they don't give you a heads up or split them at all and send you a 20 top of one long ass ticket and you're just breaking your neck back and forth figuring out what to drop and when.

Servers really sink restaurants. Good ones are hard to come by. Mostly because they're predominantly female.

People who come in ten minutes to close, or people who change their order as it's cooking.

I prefer to throw the plate to the ground to signal I'm ready to pay.

fucking lost. bravo.

and it came out of nowhere.

for some reason my twisted imagination conjured up an image of a grown man in a high chair...that was the best part for me.

A waiter should never ask a large group during drink orders if their intent is to have separate checks. Such a question is rude.

If a large groups intent is to have separate bills. They should be making such a disclosure to the waiter specifying who they want on their bill.

Lemon wedges in my water. If I wanted that, I'd order a fucking lemonade. Stop with the citrus.

Also asking if I NEED another beer. Quit assuming I'm an alcoholic and I NEED one. Maybe I'd LIKE a fifteenth beer, but I certainly don't NEED it.

A waiter should never ask a large group during drink orders if their intent is to have separate checks. Such a question is rude.

If a large groups intent is to have separate bills. They should be making such a disclosure to the waiter specifying who they want on their bill.

What's rude about that?
"Hey guys, just to make this easier on every, are we all paying together?"

What's worse is when they don't give you a heads up or split them at all and send you a 20 top of one long ass ticket and you're just breaking your neck back and forth figuring out what to drop and when.

Servers really sink restaurants. Good ones are hard to come by. Mostly because they're predominantly female.

I would rather have had one long ass ticket with forty orders than 30+ tickets like last night. As you know timing is critical and that shit infuriated me.

Or when servers ring in apps on the same ticket and don't specify it's an app. Which tells me two things, they're lazy and they likely waited until they were told the entrees to ring in the app.

Or servers having five tables and waiting to ring them all in at once.

I really fucking hate front of house sometimes lol.

I would rather have had one long ass ticket with forty orders than 30+ tickets like last night. As you know timing is critical and that shit infuriated me.

Or when servers ring in apps on the same ticket and don't specify it's an app. Which tells me two things, they're lazy and they likely waited until they were told the entrees to ring in the app.

Or servers having five tables and waiting to ring them all in at once.

I really fucking hate front of house sometimes lol.

I don't mind 30 tickets if they're selected properly time wise. If they come in separately and there's no specification i generally just give them "It's coming when it's coming, you did this to yourself" speech.

I always hate front of the house. They all suck.

Mine has to be the servers rushing quickly to get your plate the moment they think you're done. Several times where I'm not done eating and they're already taking the plate away.

Why are they so eager?

What's your restaurant annoyance?

They're just trying to get you out of there to make room for the next tipper, I mean customer.

having worked in both front and back of the house I always loved the hatred between the two

Servers are entitled prima donnas

and cooks are bitchy assholes

every single restaurant is this way. The only thing we agree on is that customers are almost always complete idiots

Lemon wedges in my water. If I wanted that, I'd order a fucking lemonade. Stop with the citrus.

Also asking if I NEED another beer. Quit assuming I'm an alcoholic and I NEED one. Maybe I'd LIKE a fifteenth beer, but I certainly don't NEED it.

"What do you say to another beer, Norm"?

"Going down!"

I'm definitely a bitchy asshole. I'm thinking of just becoming an expo

Expo was always my favorite. No customer bullshit, got tipped out by cool servers and you could shit talk with the cooks

I don't mind 30 tickets if they're selected properly time wise. If they come in separately and there's no specification i generally just give them "It's coming when it's coming, you did this to yourself" speech.

I always hate front of the house. They all suck.

Aye. Reminds me of the cooks I worked with in high school. They just instinctively hated the rest of the restaurant. Most of it deserved, for sure.

Don't refill my tea when it's half full. I just got it sweetened right. Don't interrupt me while I'm telling a story. It's rude. If you see a family of 5, one of which orders ribs, you should bring extra napkins. If there's 15 of us, split the bill. It's not my fault you were a can and didn't ask who's paying for what. Oh yeah, learn the difference between well done and rare.

GOAT post. Especially the bolded part.

A few years ago I went with my wife and kids to the Olive Garden. My kids at the time were between about 4-7 years old (I have 4 with twins in the middle). Everything went great until the end of our meal. We were all done and ready to go but they were lagging with our bill. My kids were starting to get cranky and began acting up a little so we kind of pushed the waitress to bring our bill. We finally get the bill and we all get up and get ready to leave. We're about to start walking out (I was going to pay at the register on our way out after already leaving a tip on the table) when the dumbass waitress decided she would take my debit card right then and there and asks us to wait while she walks over to the register to charge us. Well needless to say my kids started acting up while we were all standing like idiots around the table waiting for the waitress to bring my card back. So she finally comes back with my card and while she's handing me the card out of the corner of my eye I see another waitress drop a whole tray with drinks and food all over a family of four sitting in a booth. I just thought damn that's seriously messed up but accidents happen I guess. What I didn't realize at the time (I know now because my wife saw) was that two other waitresses walking by saw that my kids were acting up and as they crossed paths they looked at each other and nodded their heads at each each other kind of like saying can you believe this shit which caused one of them to carelessly not pay attention to what she was doing causing her to drop the tray.

Point of the whole story, I don't like to wait around for my bill. If you see that I'm done eating and I said no when you offered me dessert then it's probably time to bring me my bill.

Back