Annoyance at restaurants

I don't usually want more than one glass of water. If I do feel like having more, I wanna ask for it. Not have it forced upon me whether I feel like it or not.

are they funneling it down your throat? It's more time efficient for a server or busser to fill empty glasses then to stop and ask each and every patron.

A few years ago I went with my wife and kids to the Olive Garden. My kids at the time were between about 4-7 years old (I have 4 with twins in the middle). Everything went great until the end of our meal. We were all done and ready to go but they were lagging with our bill. My kids were starting to get cranky and began acting up a little so we kind of pushed the waitress to bring our bill. We finally get the bill and we all get up and get ready to leave. We're about to start walking out (I was going to pay at the register on our way out after already leaving a tip on the table) when the dumbass waitress decided she would take my debit card right then and there and asks us to wait while she walks over to the register to charge us. Well needless to say my kids started acting up while we were all standing like idiots around the table waiting for the waitress to bring my card back. So she finally comes back with my card and while she's handing me the card out of the corner of my eye I see another waitress drop a whole tray with drinks and food all over a family of four sitting in a booth. I just thought damn that's seriously messed up but accidents happen I guess. What I didn't realize at the time (I know now because my wife saw) was that two other waitresses walking by saw that my kids were acting up and as they crossed paths they looked at each other and nodded their heads at each each other kind of like saying can you believe this shit which caused one of them to carelessly not pay attention to what she was doing causing her to drop the tray.

Point of the whole story, I don't like to wait around for my bill. If you see that I'm done eating and I said no when you offered me dessert then it's probably time to bring me my bill.
There's your problem right there.

My main point of contention is a server asking me how the food is the very second I put it in my mouth. I honestly think they plan that. I've lost count of the number of times I would be not eating for 5-10 minutes due to conversing with the people I'm with and there's no server in sight then I take a bite and the server is right there asking me how it is.

My friends find it amusing though because I don't talk with my mouth full or eat quicker so I can answer them. I hold up a finger to signal 'wait a moment', chew and swallow at a normal rate, and then respond 30-60 seconds after the question is posed. Over half the time, the server looks flustered when I do that. I'm not sure why though.

A few years ago I went with my wife and kids to the Olive Garden. My kids at the time were between about 4-7 years old (I have 4 with twins in the middle). Everything went great until the end of our meal. We were all done and ready to go but they were lagging with our bill. My kids were starting to get cranky and began acting up a little so we kind of pushed the waitress to bring our bill. We finally get the bill and we all get up and get ready to leave. We're about to start walking out (I was going to pay at the register on our way out after already leaving a tip on the table) when the dumbass waitress decided she would take my debit card right then and there and asks us to wait while she walks over to the register to charge us. Well needless to say my kids started acting up while we were all standing like idiots around the table waiting for the waitress to bring my card back. So she finally comes back with my card and while she's handing me the card out of the corner of my eye I see another waitress drop a whole tray with drinks and food all over a family of four sitting in a booth. I just thought damn that's seriously messed up but accidents happen I guess. What I didn't realize at the time (I know now because my wife saw) was that two other waitresses walking by saw that my kids were acting up and as they crossed paths they looked at each other and nodded their heads at each each other kind of like saying can you believe this shit which caused one of them to carelessly not pay attention to what she was doing causing her to drop the tray.

Point of the whole story, I don't like to wait around for my bill. If you see that I'm done eating and I said no when you offered me dessert then it's probably time to bring me my bill.

So basically instead of you or your wife taking the kids to the car while the other paid the bill you let your kids throw a fit in a restaurant ruining other people's meals.

Having an empty glass. I tolerate a lot, but an empty glass is unacceptable.

I don't mind 30 tickets if they're selected properly time wise. If they come in separately and there's no specification i generally just give them "It's coming when it's coming, you did this to yourself" speech.

I always hate front of the house. They all suck.

I'll take a long ticket, I can drive a fucking line and that way I can ensure that other tables still get their food. It's just when the ticket machine is popping off like a drunk chick who caught her baby daddy at the strip club for no reason I get pissed.

I'll never compromise the integrity f the dish or meal, even if the customer is an asshole, my pride is on the plate. Servers take more fucking short cuts, make more money, and bitch nonstop.

I have ran a lot of foh staff off lol. The shouting match I had with a new expo with zero experience at my old job was legendary. Made him stand to the side and watch as I ran the kitchen while doing his job before saying " If you haven't noticed, you aren't even needed here." Dude cried in the walk in.

I respect good foh people, and I respect the fuck out of a good expo, but most are non talented douchebags with worthless degrees.

They're replaceable as fuck.

Mine has to be the servers rushing quickly to get your plate the moment they think you're done. Several times where I'm not done eating and they're already taking the plate away.

Why are they so eager?

What's your restaurant annoyance?

I don't like this either specially if they take the sauce plate away while I was still eating some thing.

In my country cleaning up before the other people in the table has finished is considered bad Manners but still people in the restaurant do this shit.

Kids shitting on their shitty parents shitty taste in food

What's rude about that?
"Hey guys, just to make this easier on every, are we all paying together?"
Yeah that would be the first thing i would ask or expect to be asked. Seems very normal, not rude at all

People who give shit to the service staff. How sad does your life have to be to give shit to somebody who works in the service industry?

always fries me when we go out expecting a nice meal, end up getting stiffed by the ma

I'll take a long ticket, I can drive a fucking line and that way I can ensure that other tables still get their food. It's just when the ticket machine is popping off like a drunk chick who caught her baby daddy at the strip club for no reason I get pissed.

I'll never compromise the integrity f the dish or meal, even if the customer is an asshole, my pride is on the plate. Servers take more fucking short cuts, make more money, and bitch nonstop.

I have ran a lot of foh staff off lol. The shouting match I had with a new expo with zero experience at my old job was legendary. Made him stand to the side and watch as I ran the kitchen while doing his job before saying " If you haven't noticed, you aren't even needed here." Dude cried in the walk in.

I respect good foh people, and I respect the fuck out of a good expo, but most are non talented douchebags with worthless degrees.

They're replaceable as fuck.

Respect. Foh can eat a dick, those entitled fucks.

i read an article within the last year that talked about how the current generation of 20 and 30 somethings have completely fucked the manner and habits of todays restaurants.

for example, the average visit for these people has skyrocketed from say 45minutes-60minutes hypothetically (what it used to be on average from time of seating, ordering, eating and paying final bill) to say 80minutes - 120 minutes now because the vast majority of that demographic now does this because of smart phones.

arrive with party, wait to be seated, sit, receive menu, play with smart phone and share smart phone info (look at each others pictures, facebook, funny websites) send waiter away for first time because nobody has opened their menu to even look at items yet, waited returns (maybe twice), order, wait for food, food arrives, take pictures of food, share pictures of food and dining mates on social media (instagram, fb, twitter), take first bite of food, return food to be reheated because its cold and this is somehow the staffs fault, wait for food to return, eat while also playing with phone, finish eating, sit around and gab (this time is doubled because it takes twice as long because everyone is splitting time between phone and human interaction) pay bill, leave.

its not a bad rule that some establishments have made a hard "no phones at the table" rule. id be pissed as a waiter or chef.

When waiters don't write down your order then get something wrong... Rage

Eating at a museum.

Bad idea.

I work such type of events. Eating/drinking is restricted to specific areas. Fortunately their security staff are the ones disclosing such information to the guests if they try to breach the line.

Some of the complaints here are minor. Their expectations of the local diner or chain restaurant are laughably high.

i read an article within the last year that talked about how the current generation of 20 and 30 somethings have completely fucked the manner and habits of todays restaurants.

for example, the average visit for these people has skyrocketed from say 45minutes-60minutes hypothetically (what it used to be on average from time of seating, ordering, eating and paying final bill) to say 80minutes - 120 minutes now because the vast majority of that demographic now does this because of smart phones.

arrive with party, wait to be seated, sit, receive menu, play with smart phone and share smart phone info (look at each others pictures, facebook, funny websites) send waiter away for first time because nobody has opened their menu to even look at items yet, waited returns (maybe twice), order, wait for food, food arrives, take pictures of food, share pictures of food and dining mates on social media (instagram, fb, twitter), take first bite of food, return food to be reheated because its cold and this is somehow the staffs fault, wait for food to return, eat while also playing with phone, finish eating, sit around and gab (this time is doubled because it takes twice as long because everyone is splitting time between phone and human interaction) pay bill, leave.

its not a bad rule that some establishments have made a hard "no phones at the table" rule. id be pissed as a waiter or chef.

Is that the one where some NYC restaurant reviews old security footage from years ago and compared it to today's security footage? I believe that story turned out to be untraceable and likely bogus.

I just really hate it when customers treat the staff like shit. And then they act like they, by some divine right, would never find themselves in such a job, and that the staff are only working that job because they are somehow lesser people.

I have been fortunate enough to never have to wait tables or anything like that. The closest I got was working at a pizza place when I was 17. So it's not like I'm sore over being treated that way by customers, as I never have been. I just hate that people think they are implicitly so much better than food industry employees.

Is that the one where some NYC restaurant reviews old security footage from years ago and compared it to today's security footage? I believe that story turned out to be untraceable and likely bogus.

a few different sources cited it. I know time did one and I believe the new Yorker. and you cant dismiss the fact that cell phones absolutely cause this everywhere. I see it on a regular basis. that exact scenario.

Back