Annoyance at restaurants

highkicknomore

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Mine has to be the servers rushing quickly to get your plate the moment they think you're done. Several times where I'm not done eating and they're already taking the plate away.

Why are they so eager?

What's your restaurant annoyance?

Mine has to be the servers rushing quickly to get your plate the moment they think you're done. Several times where I'm not done eating and they're already taking the plate away.

Why are they so eager?

that's a big one. hold the phone bitch! ask me if i'm finished eating!

I also hate it when they wait until you shove a fork full of food in your mouth then ask how everything tastes.

asking me if i want water. it's not really rationale, but just give me some fucking water

Start refilling my water. If I didn't want a refill, my glass would be full.

EDIT: Slow on the draw...sigh...

Kids with shitty parents acting up.

Stop refilling my water. If I want more water, I'll ask for it.

you're backwards, mate.

Why are they so eager?

they're trying to stop you from camping at that table. the faster they "turn" their tables, the more people they feed, the more they make in tips.

but they will just refill it once if you don't drink the next glass

I never have to many issues at restaurants waiting is a pretty easy job not hard to not fuck up. With that said last week went out with coworkers to a nice Vietnamese restaurant. The guy asks if we're ready we say no we need some more time. About 1 minute later (not even exaggerating might have been a little under a minute) he comes back and says are we ready. We say no again. He stands there. Then my boss says so what do you guys think the chicken, pork, and what else. The guy goes again oh you're ready sit. My boss literally goes "god damn!" My boss is the nicest guy on earth I was shocked to see him getting aggravated like that but understood.

Then the guy comes back later on while we're eating and ask my boss if he wants water. My boss goes No. The waiter goes "well I'll just go ahead and fill it up". I was like are you fucking kidding me. The guy literally had to reach over my bosses plate and across his face to get the water. If I was a waiter I would be happy not to have to reach across someone and fill up there water but this guy apparently didn't give a shit.

I don't usually want more than one glass of water. If I do feel like having more, I wanna ask for it. Not have it forced upon me whether I feel like it or not.

Then don't fucking drink anymore if you don't want any water.

that's a big one. hold the phone bitch! ask me if i'm finished eating!

I also hate it when they wait until you shove a fork full of food in your mouth then ask how everything tastes.

Happens way too often for it not to be intentional timing.

Also, when a waitress charges my card for degenerates that I wasn't with skipping out on their tab. That annoys me.

People who eat at restaurants forgetting it's a business and it's not your fucking personal pantry or dining room

I'm with you TS. Can't stand when they're trying to take my plate and I'm not even done. I purposely make sure to look like I'm still eating when they try that. If I have to speak up and say I'm not done yet I will too. I get it how it is. My first two jobs were in the food service industry, but damn I want to enjoy myself. Why else are you paying good money for food when you go out to eat? Just to throw it away? Ridiculous.

They're just trying to be helpful and make sure you're not sitting down with dirty plates in front of you. All you have to say is "I'm still eating" and they won't take it. It's not a big deal unless you're socially awkward and have a problem speaking words to other human beings

Happens way too often for it not to be intentional timing.

Also, when a waitress charges my card for degenerates that I wasn't with skipping out on their tab. That annoys me.

they obviously needed the financial assistance Dizzy.

Back