Annoyance at restaurants

a few different sources cited it. I know time did one and I believe the new Yorker. and you cant dismiss the fact that cell phones absolutely cause this everywhere. I see it on a regular basis. that exact scenario.

I honestly don't pay that much attention to what other people are doing unless it's something that's pretty attention grabbing. If I am looking at other people, it's to see what they ordered.

I'm also usually looking for a waiter to bring me another beer, I mean I just finished this one fourteen seconds ago, should have the next one already!

I hate having to find my waiter when I need something.
If i have to wait a minute or two that's fine, but if I am waiting 5+minutes and the waiter is no where to be find, i start getting frustrated. Same thing with when i ask for the check and waiter drops it off and walks away before I can insert my card and hand it back. I just had to wait 5 minutes for you to bring me the check, now I have to wait another 5 minutes for you come and pick the check back up? and another 5 minutes for you return my card?

But what has really been bothering me is Waiters who don't check on the food. This is usually because the waiter takes the orders but doesn't bring out the food, someone else does. I have had several experiences over the past year where the waiter didn't bother to check on our food and we waited forever to get cold food. Then when we bring it up to the waiter they're all like "i'm sorry, i am not the one who brings out the food"
and my response is "Are you the one who get's the tip?"
If you see someone has been waiting for awhile and no food, there is probably a problem, and if you still want the tip, go figure it out.
I really prefer the waiter to bring out their own orders and not some dude who didn't listen to me give my order and someone who doesn't really care about my tip.

Try being a waiter Sleepboy an checking on the orders of your tables nightly numerous times. See how smoothly that one goes over with the Chefs.

What youre describing is the failure of a restaurants ordering system. An receiving such an answer from your waiter isnt acceptable for he/she just threw their fellow staff under the bus. Which is an indication of inexperience.

Try being a waiter Sleepboy an checking on the orders of your tables nightly numerous times. See how smoothly that one goes over with the Chefs.

What youre describing is the failure of a restaurants ordering system. An receiving such an answer from your waiter isnt acceptable for he/she just threw their fellow staff under the bus. Which is an indication of inexperience.

I didn't say bother the chefs, although asking about an order seems like a perfect reasonable question. Not sure if the Chef where you work at is over-sensitive about answering simple questions regarding things customers are paying him to do.

My issue is the food is done, just sitting there getting cold and nobody is bringing it to me. There may have been a miscommunication between the waiter and the food runner, but that's not my problem. The waiter is getting paid a tip to provide excellent customer service, that may mean checking on order progress and checking to see if my food is sitting under a heat lamp totally forgotten about. If this is too much, then maybe a customer service job isn't right for that person. Or just don't expect a tip.

This is such a scam I don't understand why businesses accept this sort of behavior. I was on vacation with my GF in colorado and she got some sort of pasta at the hotel (knew she made the wrong choice from the get go) and she hated it. She took two bites and was done with it. I told her don't worry about it will just order something else and she can take it to the room. The waiter refused to let us pay for another plate and just took her food. I made sure to tip him really good (35% I think it was).

Eating the whole plate and then saying you didn't like it is BS.

Pretty much. Worked Room Service at a hotel in Florida, guy ordered a Reuben sandwich, which everyone knows is corned beef, sauerkraut, not to mention its listed on the menu. Guy calls back 20 min later after I delivered it, saying he didn't know it had corned beef on there he would like something else. I tell him no problem I will come get the Reuben. He pauses and said he ate it all, can he still get something else no charge.

Back