Ankalaev will sleep Alex

Side note: Why do we want to put that out in the world of Ankalaev beating Pereira? Alex is one of very few good things left in the UFC (inside and out). This year alone the guy has saved 3 cards and you want Ank to beat him?

You must be a sadomasochist. I mean we literally watched one of the worst women's title fights in recent memory and a card where a fighter stalled and won, and your thought after that card is to criticize Alex?

<cruzshake>
To find out who is better in the Mixed Martial Arts under an agreed upon ruleset on an even playing field.

I can support a WWE style fixed promotion but with real striking and kicking though, it would be fun.

It’s hard to punch up at your opponents…. The height difference negated some of Khalil’s power

And if you don’t think Rountree was close to knocking out Alex multiple times you bought into his game face.

Rountree actually made a mistake the first time he chin checked Alex. He has him hurt bad and let off him. He coulda ended the fight right there.

Alex’s chin is susceptible to damage
He was nowhere even close to knocking out Alex. He never had him hurt, even with the flash knockdown. He recovered instantly and never stopped pressing the offense, and his face showed 0 damage after the fight. If anything, he showed the difference between his chin at LHW and MW. Ate Khalil's best shots, one of the hardest punchers in the division, and never stopped coming forward.

Last edited:
It’s hard to punch up at your opponents…. The height difference negated some of Khalil’s power

And if you don’t think Rountree was close to knocking out Alex multiple times you bought into his game face.

Rountree actually made a mistake the first time he chin checked Alex. He has him hurt bad and let off him. He coulda ended the fight right there.

Alex’s chin is susceptible to damage
Yeah sure dude, I saw Alex get finished before and I know how it looks when he is hurt.
He was rattled but if you think he was close to getting knocked out you are crazy, the biggest hit he took was that nasty body kick. He tried to capitalize in it but he could not.

Alex having a bad chin is laughable, watch his Vakhitov fights. Vakhitov knocked people out cold at LHW in Glory for years. He hit Alex with some great shots similarly to Rountree and in neither fight did he get knocked out.

He got knocked out at MW vs the best striker beside him and Silva the division has ever seen with a perfect punch.

All Chins are suspectible to damage, if you meant it is more than others then Ankalaev getting subbed by Craig at the last 10 second proves he has suspect grappling defense. You grasping at straws here, Ankalaev has a shot but you downplaying Khalils performance and how easily Alex still won the fight just means you have no respect for these guys.

He literally turned down one fight due to Ramadan.

Which would be fine, if he didn't verbally say he would be ready to fight on that date only to refuse it when it was offered. I guess he forgot it was ramadan though.

What gimmick? Are u alright? U trolls say this shit 24/7 but then get proven wrong.

Alex only faces stylistically favorable match ups.

He fought at MW where he overshadowed everyone due to size and then moved up to LHW after getting KO’d by Izzy.

Now he’s avoiding the Ankalaev fight and didn’t even call him out after the fight even though Ankalaev has been talking mad shit.
His chin is suspect and if Ankalaev touches him he’s going down. Not to mention the grappling challenge Ank poses.

Listen to yourself. How many fights has Alex won this year ? How many times has he defended the belt ? How many Ko‘s does Alex have this year ?

Alex is on top of the world and fought everyone they put in front of him and won.

You say he has Alex has a suspect chin and talk about Ank grappling but he did nothing against Jan. Wait until Ank gets cracked by Alex.

Alex is the best Light heavyweight and is demolishing everyone they put in front of him. Give the man his dues.

Khalis is a real threat to anyone and it was a tough fight but Pereira has a great fight IQ and he knows how to win fights.

Alex is a great fighter, but I believe Magomed will finish him with strikes on the feet. Magomed has a chin and criminally underrated striking.

I definitely can see Ank taking Alex down and getting the TKO

if Cory Anderson or Bader was still in the UFC they would easily beat Perriera. This division doesn’t look good at all.
Yes. They would double leg him and beat him down until the ref saved him.

Listen to yourself. How many fights has Alex won this year ? How many times has he defended the belt ? How many Ko‘s does Alex have this year ?

Alex is on top of the world and fought everyone they put in front of him and won.

You say he has Alex has a suspect chin and talk about Ank grappling but he did nothing against Jan. Wait until Ank gets cracked by Alex.

Alex is the best Light heavyweight and is demolishing everyone they put in front of him. Give the man his dues.

Khalis is a real threat to anyone and it was a tough fight but Pereira has a great fight IQ and he knows how to win fights.
The problem with this argument is Alex is as been strictly fighting strikers. And we've seen those strikers have their way with Alex on the ground.
A true grappler that had a solid understanding of striking and especially striking defense will be a problem for Alex. Ank is that type of guy.

Thank god they are shitting off Bellator's LHW division and we can have actual warriors like Alex entertain us.
so UFC is not MMA
UFC is ultimate striking championship?
because you hate guys that can take your boy down and grapplefck
gnp and strangle your favorite striker?

Ankalaev has turned down multiple fights with Pereira
turned down the biggest payday of his life
the chance to get the ultimate goal in his career

fighting and risking against a nobody?
do you even ask questions like these?
doesnt make sense right?

or is there someone or something that prevents ank
to get a title shot?

IMO the people to beat Alex aren’t just wrestlers but wrestlers with either good GnP or a legitimate submission threat.

It would be a big ask to take Alex down, hold him down and avoid his wrist control.

A wrestler like Colby or Usman won’t have much success imo because they’re not finishers with their grappling which gives Alex too many opportunities to score a KO on the feet.

I think you need to give Alex absolutely no room to breathe in the grappling.
DDP would suffocate him
you know what they say
wrestling is tough
when someone doesnt give you room to breath
especially if your a novice like pereira

Hell of an effort Roundtree.

That being said, I’m convinced that Ankalaev either KOs Pereira on the feet or pummels him on the ground now. He has a tough task in Rakic first tho, whos imo a tougher stylistic match up than Poatan.

Back