Ankalaev vs Jan 2 for interim LHW title, and Alex vs Jones at HW

An interim title for a champion who literally just fought is an awful idea. White belts shouldn't be allowed to make threads.
Oh shut up, I don't sit on Sherdog a lot and I'm still new, I had one that was banned and I made it 2 years ago, and I saw you, a lot of your takes are awful too, and Ankalaev deserves title shot because he earned it, he's still on a long streak, Blachowicz had a SD loss to Alex whom is the current LHW champion in a close fight and they both went to Draw, for both to rematch for Interim LHW title isn't a bad idea too.

Edit: Look, Stipe vs Jon is still gonna happen but we hope that Jon still sticks around to fight Alex Pereira tho, despite that you have Tom Aspinall but let's see how he will fare against Blaydes.

I'd be fine with that. Though I'd prefer either Alex or Jon to fight Aspinall, but yeah... That's very unlikely. And Ank vs Alex would also get my preference, but I also have a feeling that's not likely to be the next fight for Alex. But at least Ank would get a shot at some kind of a belt and Alex will finally fight a grappler. So all in all it would be a positive development, IMO.

Also, I wanted to see the Ank vs Jan rematch ever since their first fight, and thought it would be the most meritorious way of going about determening the next champ, by doing the rematch for the belt. So yeah.

Last edited:
Fantastic.

So we'll have 2 divisions with interim champs, all while having the actual champ still being active but not unifying with the interim champs.

Hopefully pink goof doesn't read Sherdog, he would love this shit idea.

Fantastic.

So we'll have 2 divisions with interim champs, all while having the actual champ still being active but not unifying with the interim champs.

Hopefully pink goof doesn't read Sherdog, he would love this shit idea.

What do you think would be a realtistic, better alternative?

Nah, Pereira has had a good run but still only has 2 defenses and has a viable, interesting contender in his division. Heavyweight is already a huge mess, some things need to be sorted there. I’m personally tired of interim belts and jumping weight classes all the time.

Jan hasn't fought in almost a year and he's coming off a loss, let's give him an interim title shot lol brilliant. <lmao>

If Alex is gonna risk getting grapplefucked. i think he rather do it against Jones, than Ank. So I think it's not unlikely that this could happen. And for Jones this might be a more alluring fight than Stipe too, with Alex only getting more popular and also being a current champ.

And if that happens, at least Ank will get a shot at an interim, instead of diddly squat.

This would trigger Sherdog so badly <lmao>

It would trigger Dana White even more, which is why he'll never making that fight. I've rarely seen him so pissed as after the first fight, he's NEVER making that rematch.

An interim title for a champion who literally just fought is an awful idea. White belts shouldn't be allowed to make threads.
Jesus... strong opinions for a guy who has been on the forum for one year and posted 8000 times.

How is that even possible, do you even sleep?! You average like what, 20 posts every single day. Insane. Go see outside.

What do you think would be a realtistic, better alternative?
Just make the Jon/Stipe winner unify with the Aspinall/Blaydes winner.

Have Poatan defend against Ankalaev in the meantime.

Alternatively, strip Jones and let him fight Poatan for legacy and promote whoever is the interim champ at that point to undisputed.

Back