Anderson: On Superfight" This is perfect bulls***"

Anderson is not the GOAT.

Fedor would never back down from a challenge.

Shit even wand fought Crocop when he was a beast.

Who has anderson ever fought where you said damn that dude is a beast and anderson is in trouble

never

It appears that he's aware it's a bad match up. IMO, Jon crushes AS inside Rnd. 1 via GNP.

This is just stupid hatred.

Vitor lasted 4 rounds with Jones before getting caught and rashad went the full distance but Anderson won't even last a round? Smfh

Anderson gets his belt back December 28th.

Don't pay attention to berdugo.
He'e been a long standing member of the Silva-Hate club.

Now that Silva lost, he finally got his chance to gloat and call him names!

:p

He has been acting like a little girl at a Justin Bieber concert hasn't he? Oh well let him have his fun, he's been waiting YEARS for it.

Anderson is not the GOAT.

Fedor would never back down from a challenge.

Shit even wand fought Crocop when he was a beast.

Who has anderson ever fought where you said damn that dude is a beast and anderson is in trouble

never

Hendo, Vitor, Weidman off the top of my head

Anderson is doing the right thing in focusing on Weidman.

Those hating on Jones for answering the question are being dumb. he was trying to be positive for Anderson and about Anderson, suggesting the buzz could come back for a SP if Anderson won. If he had said 'nope, sorry, win or lose and no one will want to see it as the loss took away all Anderson's appeal' then the Hones haters would have a field day.

Anyway, Anderson was never going to fight Jones. NEVER. He made that clear early and only changed his tune when he was getting shit for calling out GSP while saying he would not fight Jones. So he threw out the idea that he consider fighting Jones but only once he attached terms that he knew Jones would not accept so that his nuthuggers would have something to cling to saying 'see, see, Anderson would fight Jones'. lol, no.

Fuck it, this fight doesn't have half the meaning it had before Anderson lost.

I have no problem with superfights, but guys calling out smaller guys is pretty cowardly IMO, and since in most every case I see the lighter guy getting stomped and kowing how fans view losing in this sport it would be hugely damaging to a fighters rep - hardly worth it.

This isn't like boxing where some of the divisions are seperated by just 4 lbs, the differences are much larger in MMA - Jones would be massive next to Anderson and he would cane him. Jones didn't call Anderson out, but Anderson tried calling out GSP quite a bit. As I said, cowardly IMO.

A 38 year old MW (who started at WW) thinks a 26 year old LHW (who will possibly move to HW within a couple of years) could beat him? Wow, that's a real shocker right there. Should we write it down as Anderson having some fucking logical thinking going on or what?

You can't pull the "he started at welterweight" card if he's saying he refuses to cut to 170 to fight GSP, who he himself called out at one point.

I thought Anderson was just afraid of losing his streak and status against Jones, now i'm convinced he's just plain afraid to get beaten up.

Your world truly must be very small and sad.

He has been acting like a little girl at a Justin Bieber concert hasn't he? Oh well let him have his fun, he's been waiting YEARS for it.

This. Every Anderson thread is just full of haters these days.
Hell TS is even a hater. Every thread he posts is literally about something negative about Anderson.

This is just stupid hatred.

Vitor lasted 4 rounds with Jones before getting caught and rashad went the full distance but Anderson won't even last a round? Smfh

Styles make fights.

We said that over and over before ANderson/Weidman and yet Anderson fans kept telling everyone he stood zero chance and had no business even being in the cage with him.

And Jones has about one of the worst possible style for Anderson.

If you watch every Anderson fight versus a wrestling based grappler (Lutter, Sonnen1 and Sonnen 2, Hendo and Weidman) Anderson has never been able to do anything to any of them in the first round and he ends up on his back for almost the entire round.

His key to later success with everyone prior to Weidman was his ability to avoid damage when on his back primarily by using his length to keep guys in low guard so he could avoid damage and survive the round until the bell got him back up, giving him another chance the next round.

In my view that is about the worst possible position to be in with Jones. He is longer then Anderson and likely could deliver his elbows easily from within his guard.

Chael landed something like 300 shots on Anderson from his guard. I absolutely do think Jones would likely finish Anderson in round 1, if he focused on it. He might try and play around though and prove he could strike with Anderson, thus prolonging the fight.

I think you're reaching just a tiny bit. Have you ever seen many pictures of him with Erick, especially training or what have you? I sure haven't.

On the other hand there's countless pictures and videos of him with Nog and Machida. Basically every video or picture he's in has one of those two as well.
is it time for a 'not sure if serious' gif?

20110711123235_IMG_3607.JPG

anderson-silva-e-erick-silva.jpg

erick-silva-anderson-e-feijo_display_image.jpg

20120131081529_and_eric_and_caleo2.JPG

anderson-silva-e-erick-silva.jpg

anderson_silva_e_erick_silva_4f0f45f707e9b-578684-4f0f45f70faac.jpg

Styles make fights.

We said that over and over before ANderson/Weidman and yet Anderson fans kept telling everyone he stood zero chance and had no business even being in the cage with him.

And Jones has about one of the worst possible style for Anderson.

If you watch every Anderson fight versus a wrestling based grappler (Lutter, Sonnen1 and Sonnen 2, Hendo and Weidman) Anderson has never been able to do anything to any of them in the first round and he ends up on his back for almost the entire round.

His key to later success with everyone prior to Weidman was his ability to avoid damage when on his back primarily by using his length to keep guys in low guard so he could avoid damage and survive the round until the bell got him back up, giving him another chance the next round.

In my view that is about the worst possible position to be in with Jones. He is longer then Anderson and likely could deliver his elbows easily from within his guard.

Chael landed something like 300 shots on Anderson from his guard. I absolutely do think Jones would likely finish Anderson in round 1, if he focused on it. He might try and play around though and prove he could strike with Anderson, thus prolonging the fight.

Oh you're so full of shit, you have been preaching to the choir for so many years now that this type of style was Anderson's kryptonite, it finally happens and now your like see, See, SEE! Just because it happens one time doesn't make your argument any stronger, you've been wrong for years.

I do agree though, Jones would be too much for Anderson

Oh you're so full of shit, you have been preaching to the choir for so many years now that this type of style was Anderson's kryptonite, it finally happens and now your like see, See, SEE! Just because it happens one time doesn't make your argument any stronger, you've been wrong for years.

I do agree though, Jones would be too much for Anderson

it is not just me. Check out the all the fighter comments before the fight. Check out why Weidman had such good betting odds.

It was only Anderson fans in a state of denial as pretty much EVERYONE else knew Weidman was a true threat due to his STYLE.

now bitter Anderson fans like you are trying to pretend we just got lucky in saying that. No.

No one knew for sure if Weidman was good enough to finish the Chael1 game plan. But pretty much everyone knew that if a wrestling based fighter without massive holes in his game who could threaten and fight a 5 round grapplefuck game ever got to fight Anderson, it would be a helluva fight for Anderson to find a way to win. If that wrestler had finishing ability as well, oh boy.

Yet some Anderson fans are delusional enough to think Anderson ever had intentions of fighting Jones

I don't know if you're talking about me or not. The first time Silva said Jones would beat him I knew he didn't want the fight. Or that's what I had to assume, at least.

I think you're reaching just a tiny bit. Have you ever seen many pictures of him with Erick, especially training or what have you? I sure haven't.

On the other hand there's countless pictures and videos of him with Nog and Machida. Basically every video or picture he's in has one of those two as well.

I don't think this is it.
IMO it is simply because Erick is not top 5 nor he has been (yet) in talks for a title.

if Erik would be in for a title shot, he would probably include him also.

Anderson will never fight jones idk why this topic keeps coming up. he clearly has every reason in the world not to fight jon and for good reason, jon would kill him. it might not last one round honestly. Anderson does horrible off his back, he failed at controlling weidmans posture and was getting banged up, nvm jon jones in his guard, that would be ugly, Anderson knows this

it is not just me. Check out the all the fighter comments before the fight. Check out why Weidman had such good betting odds.

It was only Anderson fans in a state of denial as pretty much EVERYONE else knew Weidman was a true threat due to his STYLE.

now bitter Anderson fans like you are trying to pretend we just got lucky in saying that. No.

No one knew for sure if Weidman was good enough to finish the Chael1 game plan. But pretty much everyone knew that if a wrestling based fighter without massive holes in his game who could threaten and fight a 5 round grapplefuck game ever got to fight Anderson, it would be a helluva fight for Anderson to find a way to win. If that wrestler had finishing ability as well, oh boy.

While many said that, you have to admit that this doesn't make it true.
Even after Weidman's win.

First of all, sorry to dispell the myth. But most guys who said Weidman would win, were people Weidman trained with (i.e. GSP).
And even if people pointed out about wrestling/BJJ, it was OBVIOUSLY not proven right.
because 99.999% of those would have NEVER believed Weidman would win a fight standing and trading against Silva.

So "map of the mine" all you want, but this "theory" is still unproven...or proven wrong by every wrestler Silva fought... and let us be honest here... he fought quite a few already. And ONLY Sonnen capitalized on this "map".

Back