Anderson: On Superfight" This is perfect bulls***"

What is true, is that most people, outside the craziest of Anderson fans, could see there was a pretty clear blue print out there on how to beat Anderson.

Anderson fans go nutty over that statement as they think that means we are saying it is an easy win for an opponent or a clear loss for Anderson and that is not what it means.

When Carwin beat Brock down and gassed and lost, we all (those of us with fight analyzing skills) saw the blue print to beat Brock.

That did not mean there is a fighter at HW or MW good enough to execute that game plan. It does mean however a vulnerability or hole has been found in their games that the right person, with the right skill set, should be able to exploit.

Going back to Lutter putting Anderson on his back and taking mount and putting Anderson in very bad positions, Hendo putting him on his back and controlling him so easily and Sonnen grapplefucking and outstriking Anderson on his feet in almost every round they fought, it was clear that Anderson was very vulnerable to wrestling based grapplers.

Here is where Anderson fans say "But, but, he won those fights so you cannot take anything away from those'.

Bullshit, you can take away that if he fought a more complete and better wrestler grappler who did not have huge holes themselves then they might finish what Lutter and Sonnen started. what we did not know for sure was if Weidman had that game or not but we did know that type of wrestler grappler is the norm in every division outside MW.

I don't (entirely) disagree with you.
But it is not as clear-cut as you claim neither.

All we saw (using facts) is that Silva might be easy to take down, but not easy to beat.Yes, you can take him down (if you are good at it), but then you have to contend against his more than good BJJ and sub defense.

And so far, we have not seen someone with this credentials. Heck, even Weidman is not proven to have these credentials.

Note - before I go any further, I am not saying he does not have these credentials, only that he did not follow Sonnen's gameplan to prove he CAN do this.

The only Fact here, is that if you had someone with the TD hability of Sonnen and Maia's ground game, Silva could be in trouble. And I don't think anyone can disagree with you here.

But as it stands, not ONE person is unbeatable if you look at it this way.
There are always holes. But at the end of the day, you need the other part. Someone that CAN capitalize on them.

Look, I don't think we disagree.
I just think I look at it in a slightly different light than you.

it would be akin to say:
You get the "map of the mine". You claim "we can get the treasure now!!"
And I am here thinking. "yes, now you know where it is located, but there are more obstacles on the way (be it pirates, sharks, ghosts or traps)".
A Map points out where the treasure is. but so far, not one soul was able to get the treasure, and that might show you it is not as easy as you say.
finding a blue print =/= implementing it.

Last edited:
What is true, is that most people, outside the craziest of Anderson fans, could see there was a pretty clear blue print out there on how to beat Anderson.

The blueprint you're talking about is probably his wrestling deficiency, right ?

But how many fights did Anderson lose because of wrestling in his entire career ? 0 ?

The criticism is valid however.

Anderson fans give GSP enormous crap for suggesting Anderson drop 15lbs to fight him. they say GSP is looking to weaken Anderson and get a huge advantage. This despite the fact Anderson has fought at WW before and those same fans always arguing he size difference between Anderson and GSP is not that much.

The same Anderson fans praise Anderson for demanding Jones drop 13lbs to fight him. This despite Jones making it clear that he has only been gaining size and weight as a LHW and sees himself fighting at HW soon and him making it clear he will not fight below LHW. Unlike Anderson this would be JOnes first ever fight outside his weight class and below LHW. A true first time learning and feel out process where in his first fight he would be fighting one of the GOAT's.

It was a truly laughable offer and set of circumstances Anderson was offering to Jones and one that was never genuine or going to be accepted.

Based on their experiences it would make far more sense and be far easier for Anderson to have taken on the fight with GSP cutting the 15lbs then it would be for Jones to drop 13lbs to fight Anderson. But Anderson fans acted like Anderson was doing everything to make these fights happen when in fact the opposite was true.

Come on now, don't start with this crap.
Silva offered CW for both GSP and Jon.
What is laughable is that haters demand that silva has to go DOWN to fight GSP and then UP to fight Jon while you make excuse for both guys not to move. THAT is biased and retarded view.

The 15-13 LBS is also misleading, since there are 15 LBS between WW and MW while there are 20 LBS between MW & LHW.
I do agree that Silva should move up to fight Jon. but then, GSP has to move up to fight Silva.
or, Silva go down to fight GSP, but then Jon has to go down to fight Silva.
OR, like Silva suggested, meet in the middle for both fights. - which I think is the fairest of all.
Yes, it would be hard for Jon to shed extra 10 LBs. OBVIOUSLY it would. But that is the point. He would be a little more drained, and it would make up for the HUGE size (reach) advantage he has over SIlva.
Same for Silva & GSP.
GSP would be smaller, but would be less drained than Silva.

The only laughable thing here is you saying "Silva fought at WW before" and using this as reason why he should fight at GSP's weight class.
Well, I am sure that Silva, Jon AND GSP were at some time in their life, a Flyweight. So why not make them go down to 125 and fight there??? :eek::p - just using your logic!!!

I dont know if I understand what he means

is it time for a 'not sure if serious' gif?

20110711123235_IMG_3607.JPG

anderson-silva-e-erick-silva.jpg

erick-silva-anderson-e-feijo_display_image.jpg

20120131081529_and_eric_and_caleo2.JPG

anderson-silva-e-erick-silva.jpg

anderson_silva_e_erick_silva_4f0f45f707e9b-578684-4f0f45f70faac.jpg

LOL exactly. Where's the Glover pics? It's like he always has to give 2 reasons why he's hesitant(wont) fight Bones to save face..But he really wants to, honest. It's an ego thing. Why did he never say my friends Glover, Nog and Machida will fight for title until Machida cut down? We know why he never said my friend Erick Silva I dont want to ruin his chacnes at WW.

He's on record saying Silva is the future and could be champ. He's never said that about lil nog or Glover..But when the GSP and Bones question comes up I understand why he takes the position he does and his delusional fans should get it too.

Suddenly Glover is his best friend(like Bones was the first time Silva was asked, remember?) All of sudden when the GSP and Bones question comes up he has no friends that he thinks could challenge for WW title some day. Yet you can find quotes with him saying Erick Silva is could be WW champ.

Even after Nog loses to Bader and barely ever fights and while Erick was still undefeated what did he say? My friends will challenge Bones for title that's why I'm hesitant in fighting him. I want GSP.

Can any honest AS/Brazilian fan answer the question? When it's brought up he's quick to say his freinds are on the verge of fighting for title but never says the same thing about his WW friend? Why?

Last edited:
Silva said he wanted to fight his clone. His clone showed up (Jones), and he runs away with his tail between his legs.

I never liked timid champions. Esp. when they rarely suffer any damage and aren't kids under 20. You destroy guys left and right and you're scared! WTF?!

@Shaddows:

Wrestling defense was always his hole, of course. The issue is why did he sit on his fat ass for 10 years during training camp after training camp after training camp and not fix the leak?!

He never thought one day he'd face an elite wrestler?

His manager is also an idiot.

None of the champs want to move up. Dodson, Renan, Aldo, Pettis, GSP, Weidman, Bones, or former champ Andy. When you see them sign a contract and step on the scale then you will know they are serious

Back