Anderson: On Superfight" This is perfect bulls***"

Pretty smart of Anderson . At this point Jones would wreck him .

Absolutely. I have no problem with Anderson staying at MW. There are weight classes for a reason. Anderson is a big MW, but at LHW- he will not be a big LHW but average sized at best. Anderson was 209-11 pounds when fighting Bonnar last year according to his trainer, and fights at 203-05 pounds fight night as a MW. I think Anderson should stay in his own weight class and should not focus on

anything else but Weidman. I just hate the fact that even though he is happy at 185 "his weight category", he called out GSP last year to move up in weight to face him at 180 Pounds. GSP is happy in his own category, but Anderson wanted him to move up to accommodate him. I think Anderson has good fights left at 185 if he beats Weidman. Would love to see him face Machida or Jacare, but that will not happen though. I think he is smart to avoid Jones. Anderson will be at a disadvantage in the fight taking into account reach and size.

Anderson has already admitted Jones would destroy him. Even if he took the fight there's really no reason other than money. Jones- Weidman would be a much better super fight anyway.

I have been critical of Silva and his camp since last year, due to their hesitancy to fight Weidman (which was understandable due to how dominant Weidman was when they fought- taking him down and outstriking Silva, and then knocking him out). I just hated Silva and his camp calling out guys like Cung Le, Nick Diaz, Rich Franklin, GSP and Rockhold, while Silva even calling Weidman "a little boy". That little boy is now MW champ (LOL).

However, the fact is that earlier this year Anderson did say he would fight Jon Jones at 192 pounds to a Brazilian website. Link is below. Jones replied back that he would fight Silva at 205 pounds for the title, and is not afraid of Silva. Silva then stayed quiet after those comments. However, Silva did say he would fight Jones at 192 pounds- just providing the facts.

http://sportv.globo.com/site/combat...-deve-enfrentar-jon-jones-ainda-este-ano.html

Anderson will fight who he's told to fight.

It's why I don't understand his haters, the man literally fights everyone put in front of him, with hesitancy? Sure but he fights everyone the UFC asks him too. Some other guys can't say the same.

It's why I don't understand his haters, the man literally fights everyone put in front of him, with hesitancy? Sure but he fights everyone the UFC asks him too. Some other guys can't say the same.

It's basically all the haters trying to discredit him and make him look like he ducks and dodges fights.
Everyone dissed the crap out of Anderson for wanting to fight GSP but everyone's happy with Pettis wanting to fight the smaller Aldo.
It's just Anderson haters dissing him with anything they can.

superfight will never happen

i've said this before

aldo/pettis won't even happen...even at a catchweight

It's basically all the haters trying to discredit him and make him look like he ducks and dodges fights.
Everyone dissed the crap out of Anderson for wanting to fight GSP but everyone's happy with Pettis wanting to fight the smaller Aldo.
It's just Anderson haters dissing him with anything they can.

Or that JBJ is now interested in Anderson, it's weird man.

Or that JBJ is now interested in Anderson, it's weird man.

I know it's pretty fanboyish to say this but I believe it's the truth.

80% of the guys on here are Fedor fans and they just do not want to see Anderson succeed and they are funny that Anderson gets mentioned on the same line as Fedor in regards to GOAT status.

I have no problem with superfights, but guys calling out smaller guys is pretty cowardly IMO, and since in most every case I see the lighter guy getting stomped and kowing how fans view losing in this sport it would be hugely damaging to a fighters rep - hardly worth it.

This isn't like boxing where some of the divisions are seperated by just 4 lbs, the differences are much larger in MMA - Jones would be massive next to Anderson and he would cane him. Jones didn't call Anderson out, but Anderson tried calling out GSP quite a bit. As I said, cowardly IMO.

This exactly how I feel.

LOL distorted view much?
GSP always hinted he would go up in weight to fight Silva. He even noted he would need time to do it properly.

heck, you lack basic common sense.
it is OBVIOUS that GSP or Jones would fight Silva at their respective weight class. Why not? they fight at their optimal weight while Silva has to fight outside his own weight class.
But the same way he did not do that, it is obvious also that Silva would fight anyone else at 185. he always said that also. This is nothing new.

And yet both Jon and GSP did not take up his offer neither.
So if you want to blame Silva, the burden is also on GSP and Jon for the very same reason (distance from 170 from 185 is the sdame as 185 from 170. Same for 185 to 205). Not one of them agreed to fight the other at their opponent's weight class.

Now, if you DO want to be fair, Silva is THE ONLY ONE who agreed to fight at a Catchweight against both guys. And as you said, "That's just pure verifiable fact"

Now onto the topic itself.
Silva did not claim he would not do it. He simply noted it is great for the promoters, but not good for the fighters. Weather the ones involved in the fight, or the ones waiting their turn to get a chance at the title within their own weight class.

And he is not alone in this claim.
Aldo also said against people from other weight division cutting in line for a title shot.
And I don't think they are all that wrong.

Obviously it is a Mega fight. But if you take any other fighter's perspective, they would rather keep the line moving than have their belt put on hold so the champ can fight other battles outside their division.

Right you are.

Here is how i see it.

GSP thought about going up to face Silva and slowly changed his mind. He went from talking of moving up to 185 when he is ready, to perhaps fighting at a catchweight, to finally saying he'd fight him at 170... Of course, at 170 GSP has no choice but defend whoever Dana says to fight, so he gets no credit there.

Silva is only slightly better imo. He spoke of superfights above and below at catcheights. However, i don't think he wants Jones. Of course he'd fight at 185... He has no choice. So overall i think Silva is just as bad as GSP in this. Funny thing is that i think stylistically GSP would be a good matchup...

Jones would fight Silva any day of the week. I don't think he fears Silva at all. Let's see if Jones is willing to move up to heavyweight though. As cautious as he is, i a not sure he goes anytime soon. However, i do think Jones is the most likely of the big 3 to move up. Havign said that, i think Cain beats him 3 times out of 4.

Don't care about a superfight now.

Anderson dumb ass got KO'd by Weidman for showboating.

I know it's pretty fanboyish to say this but I believe it's the truth.

80% of the guys on here are Fedor fans and they just do not want to see Anderson succeed and they are funny that Anderson gets mentioned on the same line as Fedor in regards to GOAT status.

You keep whining about people "hating" on Silva, and yet you deliberately ignore the whole point of this thread, which is that Silva publicly claimed to want to fight Jones over and over again, and now he's backpeddling, claiming its not a good idea. Those are facts bud. That's not speculation. He said he wanted Jones (and GSP) and now he's saying he doesn't, and says it as if he never wanted it all along.

When you couple this with his earlier challenge to fight GSP at 170 before the Maia fight years ago, where GSP agreed to the fight and Silva threw his fit, you have a guy who is simply playing games with everybody. I personally don't want superfights, I think they're stupid. Everybody keeps saying so and so is "ducking" whatever champ is fighting a weight class above them. I agree with Joe Rogan, people need to fight where its healthy for them to fight. GSP belongs where he's at, Silva belongs where he's at. Jones might end up a heavyweight by default because he's still so young is body is still filling out.

anderson flip flops more than dana white and trolls more than sonnon, why people try and analyze what he says is beyond me.

While many said that, you have to admit that this doesn't make it true.
Even after Weidman's win.

First of all, sorry to dispell the myth. But most guys who said Weidman would win, were people Weidman trained with (i.e. GSP).
And even if people pointed out about wrestling/BJJ, it was OBVIOUSLY not proven right.
because 99.999% of those would have NEVER believed Weidman would win a fight standing and trading against Silva.

So "map of the mine" all you want, but this "theory" is still unproven...or proven wrong by every wrestler Silva fought... and let us be honest here... he fought quite a few already. And ONLY Sonnen capitalized on this "map".
What is true, is that most people, outside the craziest of Anderson fans, could see there was a pretty clear blue print out there on how to beat Anderson.

Anderson fans go nutty over that statement as they think that means we are saying it is an easy win for an opponent or a clear loss for Anderson and that is not what it means.

When Carwin beat Brock down and gassed and lost, we all (those of us with fight analyzing skills) saw the blue print to beat Brock.

That did not mean there is a fighter at HW or MW good enough to execute that game plan. It does mean however a vulnerability or hole has been found in their games that the right person, with the right skill set, should be able to exploit.

Going back to Lutter putting Anderson on his back and taking mount and putting Anderson in very bad positions, Hendo putting him on his back and controlling him so easily and Sonnen grapplefucking and outstriking Anderson on his feet in almost every round they fought, it was clear that Anderson was very vulnerable to wrestling based grapplers.

Here is where Anderson fans say "But, but, he won those fights so you cannot take anything away from those'.

Bullshit, you can take away that if he fought a more complete and better wrestler grappler who did not have huge holes themselves then they might finish what Lutter and Sonnen started. what we did not know for sure was if Weidman had that game or not but we did know that type of wrestler grappler is the norm in every division outside MW.

I have been critical of Silva and his camp since last year, due to their hesitancy to fight Weidman (which was understandable due to how dominant Weidman was when they fought- taking him down and outstriking Silva, and then knocking him out). I just hated Silva and his camp calling out guys like Cung Le, Nick Diaz, Rich Franklin, GSP and Rockhold, while Silva even calling Weidman "a little boy". That little boy is now MW champ (LOL).

However, the fact is that earlier this year Anderson did say he would fight Jon Jones at 192 pounds to a Brazilian website. Link is below. Jones replied back that he would fight Silva at 205 pounds for the title, and is not afraid of Silva. Silva then stayed quiet after those comments. However, Silva did say he would fight Jones at 192 pounds- just providing the facts.

http://sportv.globo.com/site/combat...-deve-enfrentar-jon-jones-ainda-este-ano.html

The criticism is valid however.

Anderson fans give GSP enormous crap for suggesting Anderson drop 15lbs to fight him. they say GSP is looking to weaken Anderson and get a huge advantage. This despite the fact Anderson has fought at WW before and those same fans always arguing he size difference between Anderson and GSP is not that much.

The same Anderson fans praise Anderson for demanding Jones drop 13lbs to fight him. This despite Jones making it clear that he has only been gaining size and weight as a LHW and sees himself fighting at HW soon and him making it clear he will not fight below LHW. Unlike Anderson this would be JOnes first ever fight outside his weight class and below LHW. A true first time learning and feel out process where in his first fight he would be fighting one of the GOAT's.

It was a truly laughable offer and set of circumstances Anderson was offering to Jones and one that was never genuine or going to be accepted.

Based on their experiences it would make far more sense and be far easier for Anderson to have taken on the fight with GSP cutting the 15lbs then it would be for Jones to drop 13lbs to fight Anderson. But Anderson fans acted like Anderson was doing everything to make these fights happen when in fact the opposite was true.

Right you are.

Here is how i see it.

GSP thought about going up to face Silva and slowly changed his mind. He went from talking of moving up to 185 when he is ready, to perhaps fighting at a catchweight, to finally saying he'd fight him at 170... Of course, at 170 GSP has no choice but defend whoever Dana says to fight, so he gets no credit there.

Silva is only slightly better imo. He spoke of superfights above and below at catcheights. However, i don't think he wants Jones. Of course he'd fight at 185... He has no choice. So overall i think Silva is just as bad as GSP in this. Funny thing is that i think stylistically GSP would be a good matchup...

Jones would fight Silva any day of the week. I don't think he fears Silva at all. Let's see if Jones is willing to move up to heavyweight though. As cautious as he is, i a not sure he goes anytime soon. However, i do think Jones is the most likely of the big 3 to move up. Havign said that, i think Cain beats him 3 times out of 4.

Well, I don't know.
As a fighter, I have no doubts Jon would like the "challenge" to fight Silva.
But IMO, it has been proven time and again how much he esteem/like/respect Silva.
As for Silva, he did offer a fight against Jon at 195 (I don't recall, but I think he said 192 or some odd number, but it could be translation/rounding up from KG to LBS).

As for the mega fights, I think they are better on paper than they would ever be in reality.
I mean, it is an awesome discussion among fans "what would happen if Aldo & Fedor were in the same weight class, during their prime and they fought?"

But in reality, if Silva beats GSP, most would not think twice before pointing out how Silva is waaaaaaay bigger than GSP.
Same would apply to Jon. Heck, with Jon, people would point out Jon should have been a HW, not fighting MW's !!!

As for Jon moving up, I recall that he did want to move up last year, and Dana told him no. But I think that, if Jon moves up, he would not do so well. I mean, he COULD win, but I do see Cain just bulying him.
I mean, they would not respect his power, and he would have big guys holding him up and punching him. he could beat most of them; but the ones at the top of the division? it becomes a BIG question mark IMO!

Back