"....And they were never heard from ever again"

Thanks to everyone who has dropped some knowledge into this thread

great stuff

Josh Grispi...

josh-grispi-ufc-on-fox-4.jpg

AR-310229989.jpg
He lost all his ufc fights

There are some hints that he KOd Schaub in training back in the day

I remember Thatch had one of the worst submission defence games I've seen. 4 losses in a row, 2 rear naked, 2 arm triangle and never seen again.

resize

Just disappeared before he even hit 30. Think I heard a rumour he ran into some legal troubles in the UK.

resize

Just disappeared before he even hit 30. Think I heard a rumour he ran into some legal troubles in the UK.
Bruh he was involved in one the biggest heists ever. Now rotting in prison in morocco.

Isn’t Gregor on medical suspension until 2022 for that sacking

TJ Grant. Just dissapeared into the potash mines forever it seems.
Came here to say this. I guess he felt like he was having some symptoms of potential brain trauma and decided to walk away from the sport as the #1 contender for the belt instead of continuing to compete.

TJ was a very intelligent guy and I guess he wasn't willing to take the chance on losing anymore braincells for potential fame and glory. Very unusual situation and absolutely unprecedented really.

He lost all his ufc fights

True, but before having to pull out, he was supposed to be the one to threaten Aldo’s title reign, especially after running through all of his opponents in the WEC in minutes...

After having such a hot streak and hype behind him, the guy instead gets injured, loses consecutive bouts, makes his dog attack his girlfriend, went to jail, and has not been seen since.

Jordan Mein? I think lol been so long.

I was gonna post this but he sort of just faded out. He was a relatively young man but was a pensioner in fight years and it showed in his last outing. He was one of my favourite fighters at one point.

That Gregor knockout was brutal, I didn’t realise he’d been out for 14 months but that’s a long old layoff considering how active he was.
But also covid happened and maybe he was fine w his fishing in times like this for awhile

Miesha Tate springs to mind. Mid-fight she realised she didn't have it anymore, still made it to final bell and then retired. Kudos to her for knowing it was time.

Miesha has stayed active post fight career though. Did post fight analysis w/ fox for awhile and then took a job with one fc behind the scenes. Better question is what ever happened to her boyfriend at the time. The dude barely fought but he barely lost. She gets knocked up by another guy and he just straight vanished

Losing to Lesnar and Dos Santos is no shame, but yet Shane Carwin seemed to disappear into the ether right after that.

I remember carwin had some severe back issues and decided he could make decent money being an engineer iirc. Then there was the federal steroid scandal that him and like kurt angle were named in and he got blacklisted after that. He tried to restart his career several years ago but literally no one was interested. He did a freakshow fight one handed against a pro skateboarder because that was the only gig he could get. He officially retired after that

Back