"....And they were never heard from ever again"

images

The curious case of Erick Silva a young up and comer with so much potential,

Only fighting since 2005, he has disappeared since a 2019 loss to former 2 weight champion Paul Daley,

He is a cautionary tale to all young fighters

Presumed retired in the infancy of his career at a mere 36 yrs old

He's probably just taking a few years out to work on every aspect of his game. I don't blame him, he's got such a long career ahead of him

Hathaway didn’t quit because of the loss though. He had Crohn’s disease, which made him drop out of fights frequently. He had a bout scheduled after the knockout that he withdrew from for that. I guess he decided it was to hard to manage the disease with his fighting career
I don't think TS was trying to insinuate it was specifically because of that loss

images

The curious case of Erick Silva a young up and comer with so much potential,

Only fighting since 2005, he has disappeared since a 2019 loss to former 2 weight champion Paul Daley,

He is a cautionary tale to all young fighters

Presumed retired in the infancy of his career at a mere 36 yrs old

This is seriously so not funny. It wasn't funny 10 years ago or whenever, and it isn't funny now. It has never been funny, so just stop.

I'm sure some hack will reply with something even less funny, don't bother, I won't read it.

Last edited:
I miss Cody McKenzie and that weird VT of him scurrying up to the camera with his fists up.

Hope he’s doing good.
He was crab fishing in Alaska and fell off the boat and screamed shit just got real and never was seen again.

So I want to make a thread about somewhat promising looking fighters who took a bad loss or even a win and never returned to combat. When thinking about this the first person that pops into my mind is John Hathaway. 17-2 mma record, 9-2 ufc record. after he got Spinning back elbowed by DHK, He never returned to combat. Only 26 years old.

Dong%2BHyun%2BKim%2BSpinning%2BBack%2BElbow%2B%2B(2).gif

Another one in the making could be Gregor Gillespie. He had an undefeated record of 13-0 before getting KO'd by Kevin Lee.
PoorSomberFlea-size_restricted.gif

gregor is now 33, and has not returned to combat in over 14 months.
Remember Paul sass? He was 10-0 entering the UFC wins 3 straight by submission 2 sub of the night awards then loses 2 and cut. Goes to bellator for 1 fight and retires.

Last edited:
Nick Osipczak is a guy I thought would go far, lost a few decisions and was gone

I wonder if the weight cut was the issue (or hate to say it but USADA?)

** took a look at his Fight Finder and saw he did fight in 2015 but disappeared again

Miesha Tate springs to mind. Mid-fight she realised she didn't have it anymore, still made it to final bell and then retired. Kudos to her for knowing it was time.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Gregor knockout was brutal, I didn’t realise he’d been out for 14 months but that’s a long old layoff considering how active he was.
I'd blame covid for some of that time off

Back