"....And they were never heard from ever again"

Um seems like complete slander to me i don't recall anything about steroids concerning Costa.

Well he lost to mousasi the same year usada came in...thats all i know...he was 36 so that could explain something..

It was a loss by decision so its not like he got koed or something and never returned..

I simply offered a theory as more then a few guys faded out around the time usada came in

Nick Osipczak is a guy I thought would go far, lost a few decisions and was gone

I wonder if the weight cut was the issue (or hate to say it but USADA?)

** took a look at his Fight Finder and saw he did fight in 2015 but disappeared again
Seriously?

Schaub multiple times said that you wouldnt believe who this guy knocked out in training, and said that it was a lot bigger dude. He didnt tell who it was but schaub has a terrible chin, is a lot bigger and he was super stocked for the guy..

Could have been Shane Carwin? That would be a lot more 'impressive' than KOing Schaub and I can't see Schaub bragging about himself being KO'd.

You thought he was going places and we're surprised by his release. He was 2-3 and lost 3 in a row and that was a death sentence back then.
I thought he was going places when he subbed Frank Lester at TUF Finale and then TKO'd Matt Riddle
he was big for the weight class and seemed well rounded, but then he ran into Rick Story who went on a hot streak

Could have been Shane Carwin? That would be a lot more 'impressive' than KOing Schaub and I can't see Schaub bragging about himself being KO'd.
Yeah but i dont see him KOing Shane Carwin. Sadly we will never know.

I think he might if there are multiple witnesses. You know hype the guy up so that it doesnt seem so bad. Kinda like when you loose to a guy and he becomes world champion it doesnt feel so bad anymore loosing to him

Schaub multiple times said that you wouldnt believe who this guy knocked out in training, and said that it was a lot bigger dude. He didnt tell who it was but schaub has a terrible chin, is a lot bigger and he was super stocked for the guy..
Thanks

Sage Northcutt...also Sean O'Malley will be on this list, mark my words

Nick Osipczak is a guy I thought would go far, lost a few decisions and was gone

I wonder if the weight cut was the issue (or hate to say it but USADA?)

** took a look at his Fight Finder and saw he did fight in 2015 but disappeared again
He's got his own Tai Chi company, and sells hemp these days.

Very talented fighter that had potential, but he put on one of the most limp-wristed, land-lubbin performances ever seen against Bang and deserved to get cut... Dude literally ran for 1.5 rounds thinking he was up... Shameful.

I had high hopes for him too... Andre Winner as well, but he never improved either.

Last edited:
He's got his own Tai Chi company, and sells hemp these days.

Very talented fighter that had potential, but he put on one of the most limp-wristed, land-lubbin performances ever seen against Bang and deserved to get cut... Dude literally ran for 1.5 rounds thinking he was up... Shameful.

I had high hooes for him too... Andre Winner as well, but he never improved either.

Both good suggestions, yeah.

One that springs to mind for me, apologies if already mentioned.....

Luiz Cane.

He started off looking like a beast, then lost to Lil Nog and went rapidly downhill, IIRC.

Both good suggestions, yeah.

One that springs to mind for me, apologies if already mentioned.....

Luiz Cane.

He started off looking like a beast, then lost to Lil Nog and went rapidly downhill, IIRC.
Stanislav Nedkov, the guy that made him fo the staky leg is a good pick... Fought 3 times more after that, drew one then lost 2, and never fought again.

DissectMMA_Nedkov_Cane_KO.gif

Had potential.

Stanislav Nedkov, the guy that made him fo the staky leg is a good pick... Fought 3 times more after that, drew one then lost 2, and never fought again.

DissectMMA_Nedkov_Cane_KO.gif

Had potential.

Ahhhhh, 'Stucky' Nedkov! He was a guilty pleasure of mine back then! His nickname just made me laugh. I remember him coming from Japan with a decent reputation, IIRC, and debuting against Cane.

Corey Hill, the dude on tuf punking Gabe ruediger. Unique personality. Broke his leg on a leg kick and hasn't been seen since.
Ahh....he's dead.

Wish I was joking.

Who was that boring blanket that won TUF in his weight class? think Corey Anderson won it in the same season at LHW.

Can't remember his name, he said it was easy work then gets smashed in like two UFC fights and retires.

Eddie Gordon? Think he came back for another season of TUF but never went anywhere

There were a lot of good wrestlers who were 1 or 2 and done back in the days when there was really no money.
- Kevin Jackson (had a few fights)
- Kenny Monday
- Townsend Saunders
- Royce Alger

And in the more recent era, obviously Rulon Gardner.

The most random 1-fight appearance was Sean Bormet, who is now the head coach at Michigan. Fought once, got wrecked by Wand, and then never fought again.

Back