"....And they were never heard from ever again"

9872.jpg

this guy was the answer to every single trivia question in 2008-2010. The Soul Assassins whereabouts are the stuff of legend around here.

Chris Holdsworth. TUF winner, 6-0. Retired in 2014 after allegedly being sucker punched by TJ Dillashaw in training:

https://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/...me-has-kept-chris-holdsworth-out-for-nearly-a
“He’s kneeing you while we’re boxing. He’s throwing elbows while we’re doing jiu-jitsu. And I remember that instance that’s out in the public — yeah, it’s definitely true. I shot in on T.J. and I was on all fours, he was sprawled out and he kneed me on top of the head. And that was before The Ultimate Fighter. I remember I was kinda jarred up and everyone was watching, and I took like 30 seconds off and I kept going, I kept going through the rounds and I finished practice. But after that practice, I was concussed, and that was my first concussion. And it just kinda kept happening from there."

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/10...h-breaks-silence-about-t-j-dillashaw-incident

Dillashaw threw an illegal knee on the top of Holdsworth's head during wrestling drills; and according to Holdsworth, Dillashaw was on "special supplements" for the Barao fight.

He was plagued by injuries...

He actually won his comeback fight in the UFC against Scott Smith after coming back from an injury, but he just kept getting injured and having to pull out of fights after that...
I don’t remember him ever fighting again but you’re right he did. I must have seen it too, I never missed an event back then. Although maybe not if it was on the undercard, you only used to get to see those on the dvd

Amir had nerve damage after a surgery. They never disclosed what the injury was but if post-surgery complications are this bad I can only assume it was a back injury.
Surprised they didn't keep him around for promo stuff Spike TV loved him..

Terrell and Carwin were the first two that came to mind for me. Also, we can't forget the true GOAT - Phillip Miller.

beat me too it..i feel like dave Terrell had the talent to be one of the best but Tanner took his heart I guess

He fought once after Tanner, on my birthday, then disappeared.

Corey Hill, the dude on tuf punking Gabe ruediger. Unique personality. Broke his leg on a leg kick and hasn't been seen since.

Tra Telligman after getting headkicked by Sylvia, though I don’t think that qualifies being that he died and the UFC covered it up.

images

The curious case of Erick Silva a young up and comer with so much potential,

Only fighting since 2005, he has disappeared since a 2019 loss to former 2 weight champion Paul Daley,

He is a cautionary tale to all young fighters

Presumed retired in the infancy of his career at a mere 36 yrs old
The curse of the Bieber cut

I don't know if either of these guys fit the criteria, but I just want to shout them out as they are both underrated in the history of MMA.

One, Miguel Torres

9.gif
YUYNDAX.gif

Two, Spencer 'The King' Fisher

giphy.gif
upload_2021-1-12_22-14-41.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back