Anarkix becoming a BEAST! (Lifting, Diet, MMA)

WERK!!!

Fenn's a forking liar. He's probably a fat keyboard warrior.

Oh please, my goal is to beat Rampage eventually. I start training next week, so gimme until July at the latest.

Telling me I have less muscle than you by some obscure mathematical formula that you just made up, means absolutely nothing to anybody.

If there's a better formula than my height divided by your height to find the ratio of our body masses, let me know.

The only reason I was being defensive is because I was being attacked. Seems pretty fuckin logical to me.

I plan on training MT and western boxing extremely thoroughly. And assuming I don't "fill out" as you guys say I will, I almost certainly will be fighting 185. Granted I will have to put on some mass before that, but considering I don't plan on having my first amateur fight (except maybe in BJJ) for about 1-2 years, I have plenty of time for that. You guys seem to think that being shredded is a goal that I wish to acquire and maintain. I normally don't care about my body comp as long as my weight is functional. That's why I was planning on doing this log in terms of bodyfat %age mostly. My lifting got my body type to a level that I'm comfortable with.

And yeah, it was late last night, thanks for that comment about pull/chinups. Instead of skullcrushers, I'll do 3x6 chinups. Also, yes in addition to training exclusively for MMA, I play a fair amount of sports (primarily basketball) and general athleticism is fairly important to me.

Finally, if I do end up gaining this 30 pounds you guys are talking about, I may end up fighting HW. I don't want to look like The Pitbull or Gabriel Gonzaga and can't really imagine anyone ever accidentally getting that big, but if I do, sure, I'll fight HW. Until then, I'm going to thoroughly enjoy being a tall "skinny" white guy.

And as far as the actual log goes, I woke up late today not really hungry. Had a shake on the go and packed the rest of the stuff for school as fast as I could. Took fish oil pills instead of flax with me, I'll take these like I would flax and I doubt anything too detrimental is going to happen. Upper body workout in 30 minutes! I'm excited!

edit: And to the blue belt guy randomly critiquing my size despite me having 30 pounds on him, congrats. You're lifts are superior to mine. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that this is because you're on a powerlifting routine (OLOL, YEP). You say 'if I was as weak as you' like I'm some kind of teeny bitch, yet my lifts are still Class 4 status of USPF standards. This means that at 17, being a tall skinny guy, I could compete at a national level. I might not take home any medals, but I could compete. I feel that merits at least a little respect. Not to mention I'm pretty much certain you're really REALLY short by this point. Your lifts coupled with your weight would require it. This is generally considered a huge advantage for Pl'ers, as you don't have to lift the weight as far as normal sized (or people like me) people do, and you can cram more muscle onto your tiny frame. Oh well. Have fun being a manlet!

edit 2: My squat isn't greater than my deadlift. That video was from 4 months ago (maybe 5, going on my haircut) and wasn't even my absolute max then. Cheers.

If there's a better formula than my height divided by your height to find the ratio of our body masses, let me know.

The only reason I was being defensive is because I was being attacked. Seems pretty fuckin logical to me.

I plan on training MT and western boxing extremely thoroughly. And assuming I don't "fill out" as you guys say I will, I almost certainly will be fighting 185. Granted I will have to put on some mass before that, but considering I don't plan on having my first amateur fight (except maybe in BJJ) for about 1-2 years, I have plenty of time for that. You guys seem to think that being shredded is a goal that I wish to acquire and maintain. I normally don't care about my body comp as long as my weight is functional. That's why I was planning on doing this log in terms of bodyfat %age mostly. My lifting got my body type to a level that I'm comfortable with.

And yeah, it was late last night, thanks for that comment about pull/chinups. Instead of skullcrushers, I'll do 3x6 chinups. Also, yes in addition to training exclusively for MMA, I play a fair amount of sports (primarily basketball) and general athleticism is fairly important to me.

Finally, if I do end up gaining this 30 pounds you guys are talking about, I may end up fighting HW. I don't want to look like The Pitbull or Gabriel Gonzaga and can't really imagine anyone ever accidentally getting that big, but if I do, sure, I'll fight HW. Until then, I'm going to thoroughly enjoy being a tall "skinny" white guy.

And as far as the actual log goes, I woke up late today not really hungry. Had a shake on the go and packed the rest of the stuff for school as fast as I could. Took fish oil pills instead of flax with me, I'll take these like I would flax and I doubt anything too detrimental is going to happen. Upper body workout in 30 minutes! I'm excited!

edit: And to the blue belt guy randomly critiquing my size despite me having 30 pounds on him, congrats. You're lifts are superior to mine. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that this is because you're on a powerlifting routine (OLOL, YEP). You say 'if I was as weak as you' like I'm some kind of teeny bitch, yet my lifts are still Class 4 status of USPF standards. This means that at 17, being a tall skinny guy, I could compete at a national level. I might not take home any medals, but I could compete. I feel that merits at least a little respect. Not to mention I'm pretty much certain you're really REALLY short by this point. Your lifts coupled with your weight would require it. This is generally considered a huge advantage for Pl'ers, as you don't have to lift the weight as far as normal sized (or people like me) people do, and you can cram more muscle onto your tiny frame. Oh well. Have fun being a manlet!

edit 2: My squat isn't greater than my deadlift. That video was from 4 months ago (maybe 5, going on my haircut) and wasn't even my absolute max then. Cheers.

You're doing it again. You can't compare us, our goals are different. If your goal is to be shredded, you are doing it wrong. If your goal is to be extremely light and lanky with low body fat and low muscle mass, keep doing what you are doing. It is the perfect routine. You might even consider easing back on the protein and adding a bit more carbs.

Also, I'm about 5'8". Though that is irrelevant. I'm not blindly going on an idiotic cutting diet, so how skinny I am doesn't matter. I eat every 2-3 hours, as much as possible, to gain weight and muscle.

Btw, most chicks I talk to prefer guys that aren't "shredded" but with moderateley large muscles and abs that aren't sickenly defined, but still show. As long as you aren't a slob, it wont make a difference if you have 6% bodyfat or 10% bodyfat when it comes to most women..

Wilk's Score.

Edit: Why do you even care about the opinions of a bunch of guys on the Internet? If you don't enjoy getting into flamewars it's best just to reduce the emotional component of a response to nil and extract the purely logical part of the other person's comment. Once you manage that you can decide, based on what the other person is saying, whether their statement warrants any merit or not. There's no need for a 6'4 person to come online and display chronic SPS (short-person syndrome).

This rrrreally doesn't work. See the posts above. Wilks isn't perfect, but it's a much better way.

You need to grow a thicker skin. See below for more of the same bullshit.

Always with teh drama. Whining about 'oh, I'm tall... you have an advantage.. blah blah blah'. Do you really give a fuck? I've never seen a log that's so many pages with so little about training in it.

Always with teh drama. Whining about 'oh, I'm tall... you have an advantage.. blah blah blah'. Do you really give a fuck? I've never seen a log that's so many pages with so little about training in it.

This is dumb dude. The first 10 posts in this log after the initial post in this log were regulars telling the log starter that he's a retard. Most people would get somewhat defensive after that. I'm not saying that trying to lose weight if you're 6'4'' and 190lbs. makes sense, but I wouldn't want people shitting all over my log with nothing in it besides the starting post.

Take, what's your point?

Even you admit that the guy's plan is retarded. He hasn't trained and is talking about when he's going to compete. Plus the whole Ghandi starvation diet is queer-fucking-tarded.

Take, what's your point?

Even you admit that the guy's plan is retarded. He hasn't trained and is talking about when he's going to compete. Plus the whole Ghandi starvation diet is queer-fucking-tarded.

Lol at asking me what my point is - you should know that I never have one.

However, see above:

I wouldn't want people shitting all over my log with nothing in it besides the starting post.

I find it lame that regulars get into name calling matches in other people logs, when they in fact started posting aggressive comments right off the bat and the guy was not posting rubbish in main forum (as was, say, statisticool). I still haven't got the S&P locker room thick skin thingy.

Said it once, I'll say it again. I've never been shredded in my life, and I'm really doing it for me ONE TIME before this summer. I have all this summer and then at least 4 years (probably 6) of college that I can eat whole foods during. It's not a Ghandi starvation diet. You don't lose any mass. I guarantee I'm taking in more protein every day than anyone else on, say, a 3500 or less calorie diet. That's because all I get is shakes and oil. MY LBM WILL NOT DROP DURING THIS DIET. If anything, I'm providing myself with a better base to start from in college when I can more dedicate myself to training.

Actual Log:

Wow. Had school today. It was awful. Burgers and burritos (the two BEST foods) were everywhere at lunch and even in some classes. Oh well I got by.

I accidentally took fish oils with me instead of flax, took them like I would have taken flax, hope this doesn't mess my system up.

As far as lifting went today, it actually felt pretty good to finally be back in the gym. I had spring break and then the flu, so I hadn't lifted for almost 3 weeks. I figured my strength would have gone down on its own (it did) and I felt pretty energized in the gym (not great, but decent) and pretty good PWO as well.

Anyways:

Bench 3x3 - 135 155 185
BB Rows 3x3 - 65 85 135
BB Curls 3x3 - 65 75 95 (Failure last rep)
Overhead Tricep Extension 3x3 - 65 75 95
Weighted Situps 3x20 (45 lbs)
Pull-ups 1x6
Chin-ups 1x6
Military Pull-ups (alternating side of bar each rep) 1x6
DB Shrugs 4x5 (45 lbs DBs)
Wrist Curls 2x5 (45 lbs DBs) - Supersetted with last 2 sets of DB shrugs, this KILLED my forearms/wrists. I think this and my new grip trainers at home will add some pretty beastly hand strength (and hopefully size over time, everyone loves heavy hands!)

PWO shake was damn good, I felt exactly like I'd hope to feel after a bombass workout. It was nice finally lifting again after my hiatus. I wouldn't be suprised if my strength actually went up on the V-diet.

PS I really don't give a damn about my mass vs. that random asshole in this thread's mass. I was just sayin I was probably stronger than him. Turned out he was a powerlifter. Go figure.

Shiiiiiiit. I did not realize how much I love food until I went to the mall today to get my iPhone (APPLE STORE WAS OUT, I HAVE TO GO BACK TOMORROW UGH). Cinnabons, Jamba Juice, Panda Express, Rollerz... I literally would have gotten something from each of those if it wasn't for this damn diet. It's torture, but retaining "what little mass I have" and getting my BW as close to my LBM as possible in just 4 weeks will make it all worth it.

And honestly how could the fucking Apple store have ran out of iPhones. My whole existence for the past week was based around finally getting one, and when I'm in the store, looking at all 8 (literally, I counted) Iphones/Touches available, a clerk had the nerve to tell me that they didn't have any in stock.

Oh and I was hungry most of the day, but I'm sure that will eventually go away. I'm about to have .5 gallons or so of green tea, and despite its lack of nutritional content, I have found that in bulk its at least a little filling. 2 more shakes today!

Oh and I did some accidental cardio today (basketball). Wasn't going 100% or anything, but I didn't really feel any different than I did when starting it.

I don't know how long you'll last on that diet if you are only on day 1 and are craving those things that bad. Good luck though, keep us informed.

If he's going keto or near-keto then the cravings is typical, similar to super low-carb or zero-carb diets. Once his body adjusts, he'll probably be fine--but that usually takes a couple weeks to up to a month.

If he's going keto or near-keto then the cravings is typical, similar to super low-carb or zero-carb diets. Once his body adjusts, he'll probably be fine--but that usually takes a couple weeks to up to a month.

Isn't the velocity diet only 28 days though? I read about it a while ago, so I definitely could be wrong.

Yeah, you're right. I think this is why other people tend to prefer the Anabolic Diet, the transition seems to be a bit smoother since you can be on it as long as necessary.

Yeah, you're right. I think this is why other people tend to prefer the Anabolic Diet, the transition seems to be a bit smoother since you can be on it as long as necessary.

I've never heard of the anabolic diet, I'll look it up.

I don't know how long you'll last on that diet if you are only on day 1 and are craving those things that bad. Good luck though, keep us informed.

Oh, cravings for food for me are normal. I just usually give in... Like after filling up on something at a restaurant, I'll often look around and be like "Damn, I wish it was possible for me to eat more." I really might have a condition... Oh well makes it really convenient when bulking. I've seriously thought about entering eating competitions, and if I hear of any regionally or at the state fair, I'll most def. enter (srs).

Seriously though, I said before and I'll say it again, if I'm going to do something, I do it BIG. Meaning I didn't spend $300 bucks to quit on day 2, lol. And thinking about it, I'm fully capable of spending more than that on food in a month, and I don't even buy the food that's at my house. That's how bad it is.

Also, the cravings have subsided since I started drinking iced tea when I got home. I'll probably put a gallon or so away before the night ends. Should be pretty easy to keep this up if I can stay drinking no-carb stuff (might look into diet coke/etc). And once I get my car (1 week from today), I'll go buy a case or 2 of bottled water to stay thoroughly hydrated.

Oh, cravings for food for me are normal. I just usually give in... Like after filling up on something at a restaurant, I'll often look around and be like "Damn, I wish it was possible for me to eat more." I really might have a condition... Oh well makes it really convenient when bulking. I've seriously thought about entering eating competitions, and if I hear of any regionally or at the state fair, I'll most def. enter (srs).

Seriously though, I said before and I'll say it again, if I'm going to do something, I do it BIG. Meaning I didn't spend $300 bucks to quit on day 2, lol. And thinking about it, I'm fully capable of spending more than that on food in a month, and I don't even buy the food that's at my house. That's how bad it is.

Also, the cravings have subsided since I started drinking iced tea when I got home. I'll probably put a gallon or so away before the night ends. Should be pretty easy to keep this up if I can stay drinking no-carb stuff (might look into diet coke/etc). And once I get my car (1 week from today), I'll go buy a case or 2 of bottled water to stay thoroughly hydrated.

Alright, sounds good. I'll follow your progress, I heard the diet is great for dropping quick weight so I'm interested.

I've seriously thought about entering eating competitions, and if I hear of any regionally or at the state fair, I'll most def. enter (srs).
.... :icon_chee I can't get full on chicken. I usually give up after 1.5 lbs out of boredom, but I've done 2.5 lbs in a single sitting. Chicken just does not trigger your gag reflex like beef will.

I've won a lot of free food this way. Theres a local restaurant that serves 2 lb burritos. I like mine with chicken and rice so I'm okay stuffing myself on them. I eat one, and tell my buddies at the table with me that I'm still hungry and cold do another. They scoff and say "pfft, if you can eat another one we'll pay for it"

I do.

I pulled the same stunt with McChickens (6 of them), triple whoppers (2), and a bet if I could eat a 20" pizza in under an hour.

Also did a hotdog eating contest and won $30 to footlocker. Pwned the shit out of that (its in my log on like page 2)

Still.... the best is when you have a waitress say "I don't think I can fit all that on the table."

Anyways, with eating clean the cravings go away quickly. I use apples for filling up lately.

I just demolished 1.25 lbs of steak, and still more food to be eaten!

Its good to see someone logging about their diet. Its not a diet I'm interested in, but I think we could use more of it around here.

Back