Anarkix becoming a BEAST! (Lifting, Diet, MMA)

Oh I'm sorry, ehh, friends' houses pretty much honestly. I haven't ever really TRAINED my stand up, I mean I've kicked thai pads and used focus mitts at my friends' house a few times... Been in about 6 or 7 actual fights in my life I suppose, nothing too amazing. Being tall gives me a huge advantage against other people without professional training. Honestly, at this point my grappling game is probably my strongest asset, just because I'm physically stronger, have longer limbs and I guess I just naturally 'get' the flow of grappling (I've put my friends in guillotines, rear naked chokes, armbars, kneebars, goose necks, shit a gogoplata once...). But when I do start training I will do my best to develop my boxing/MT, hopefully to the point that I have hands like Rampage and feet like Bas (in however many years).

I believe it's not exactly 28 days straight, if memory serves me correct? On Sundays you're supposed to eat one healthy meal, right?

Good luck with that, and nice deadlift.

Yes, you get a once a week carb refeed to prevent yourself from um, dying I guess. Probably gonna be fruit and oatmeal or something, just to prevent myself from going overboard (last time I cut my weekly cheat meals would be like 2 rodeo burgers 2 bacon cheeseburgers 2 spicy chickencrisps and a side salad from BK... srsly).

Oh and first hunger pangs all day. 1 more shake left, but I'm not sleeping for 1.5 hours or so. I have some Yohimbe that bb.com decided to send me with my order (they hook it up FAAAATTTT, I have protein breakfast shakes, cookies and random supplements for DAYS littered in the 3 boxes it came in lol... Shit even straps for lifting haha) and I'll start taking that if the need arises. I think I'm super sensitive to Yohimbe... Last cut it really made me not feel the need to eat at all... and I truly LOVE eating.

You said you went to go see never back down...why man it is a negative on the sport. Also why do you care if you look super ripped? trying to look good and competeing in MMA are two COMPLETELY different things...

If you happen to look good from mma training well good then but seems like you need to choose one or the other..and if you choose to be a RIPPED BADASS WHO SAYS HES A FIGHTER...well congratulations you could have been in NEVER BACK DOWN. lol

If your serious about training focus on training and those goals and eat as healthy as possible (no junk food, no grease) lots of greens and chicken and maybe protein shakes with fruit here and there and your on the right track.

Oh I know. This is a 1 time thing that I'm doing for 28 days. After that, it's gonna be whole organic foods with very little fast food/whatever else on the side. If you've seen the UFC all access on say, Chuck Liddell and Sean Sherk, the strictness of my diet will fall somewhere in between theirs. I'll only be on the v-diet a little over 2 weeks into my training, btw.

I saw never back down because my friends were like "OMG new movie people FIGHT and theres CHICKS" and well, american teens just see movies together I guess. I knew full well going into it that it would bring a ton of assholes/ADD teenagers into the sport, and I cried a little inside.

Goosebumps, those were great books. I assume you have no idea what Im talking about.

I liked the shiny ones cause I always used to cheat and find the best endings if I ended up getting stuck in haunted carnival ball pits or eaten by vampire dogs or whatever.

So whats your lifting like?

Was gonna figure it out tomorrow... 3x3 for sure so my strength might actually go UP despite this massive caloric deficit... Umm, figure 3 days of lifting a week. Probably do upper body, lower body and a kinda mixed olympic lift day or something (with plyometrics).

Tomorrow I'll do upper body just to see how I lift while dieting. Bench, DB shrugs, overhead tricep extensions, maaaaybe skullcrushers, bent over rows and bb curls most likely. Yeah, that sounds good. Oh and 3x20 situps with a 45 lb plate on my chest, and probably trunk rotations. Can't leave those out. :D

Then Tuesday will be my leg/compound day. Squats, deadlifts and calf presses pretty much. If I'm going to do good morning presses, they'll be on this day as well. This will most likely disappoint me because my body won't be fully adapted to "keto mode" or whatever it's called yet, and leg days are always my favorite.

Then Thursday, I'll do some plyometrics and maybe bench again (I feel my bench is my most lacking compound). I'll also do clean and jerks on this day (only going to be doing 1 kind of olympic lift throughout the v-diet, they kill me). Clap pushups and a ton of "box work" (depth jumps etc). I'm sure people will have something to say on doing what are pretty much considered vertical jump increasing plyometrics while training for MMA, but oh well they make me feel good and I feel they add general explosivity to my legs. Also, haven't tried the shoot & rack yet. It definitely is all kinds of manly though, and I'll probably be doing that on this day as well (although it won't be 3x3, probably 3x8 or something, depending on how it goes).

Depending on how I feel while carb depleted, I'll look into doing my regular cardio (pretty much burpees supersetted w/ ab wheel reps and then shadowboxing or bag work), but I doubt it'll end up working, because if anything is going to absolutely KILL me (and/or make me go catabolic) it's gonna be intense cardio. Plus, I'd probably want a PWO shake after cardio as well, and that would mess up the diet (can' t have PWO shakes on days I have fish oil, and you HAVE to have fish oil every other day).

Sorry if that seemed kind of scattershot, I'm tired as hell.

Oh and for the actual log, I had some pretty fierce hunger pains, then I got a huge glass of tea (my dad keeps us well stocked up on green sun tea, so that's convenient). They subsided, and I'm about to have my last shake. Overall, good first day.

Night Sherdog.

Good stuff, I think jumps will definately help for MMA. Why not? Anything that makes you more explosive and athletic is bound to help.

Being tall and slim is not a disadvantage when you are a striker in my opinion, in most cases it is an advantage. In grappling it kind of sucks.

Oh, and as far as I know Dan John went on the velocity diet and wanted to post his opinions of it while doing it. I never know if he did, but maybe you want to find out.

Was gonna figure it out tomorrow... 3x3 for sure so my strength might actually go UP despite this massive caloric deficit... Umm, figure 3 days of lifting a week. Probably do upper body, lower body and a kinda mixed olympic lift day or something (with plyometrics).

If you're going to be in a big calorie deficit, I'd aim conservatively. Don't get your hopes up about the strength gains.

Tomorrow I'll do upper body just to see how I lift while dieting. Bench, DB shrugs, overhead tricep extensions, maaaaybe skullcrushers, bent over rows and bb curls most likely. Yeah, that sounds good. Oh and 3x20 situps with a 45 lb plate on my chest, and probably trunk rotations. Can't leave those out. :D

You don't do chins/pullups?

Then Tuesday will be my leg/compound day. Squats, deadlifts and calf presses pretty much. If I'm going to do good morning presses, they'll be on this day as well. This will most likely disappoint me because my body won't be fully adapted to "keto mode" or whatever it's called yet, and leg days are always my favorite.

Maybe throw in something unilateral rather than the deadsl? Squats and deads will be tough on a big deficit, and the GM will take care of posterior chain.

Depending on how I feel while carb depleted, I'll look into doing my regular cardio (pretty much burpees supersetted w/ ab wheel reps and then shadowboxing or bag work), but I doubt it'll end up working, because if anything is going to absolutely KILL me (and/or make me go catabolic) it's gonna be intense cardio.

You'll be in a deficit. You'll be catabolic.

Take, I agree with tall and lean being a striking advantage. The problem for the TS is that he's only 17. It doesn't much matter what size he wants to be (unless he's willing to do the auschwitz diet for the rest of his life). I grew 4 inches and gained 30lbs of LBM after my 18th b-day without any lifting. He's likely not done growing/filling out yet. He's going to be a HW whether or not he likes the idea. He might as well reap the strength gains from his high test levels now.

Or he could continue to starve himself and justify it by saying that he's going to look like A silva and he's going to compete in 37 different arts even though he has no formal training yet. That's always an option.

......gained 30lbs of LBM after my 18th b-day without any lifting. He's likely not done growing/filling out yet.

Bump on that one. Same thing happened to me.

I'm sorry, perhaps you'd like a different pic. I really think it's ironic that you, Mr. 158 lbs, is giving me advice on gaining muscle. I'm not small by any means. I'm gonna assume you're extremely short, say 5'6" (66 inches), against my 6"4' (76 inches). This means that to have about the same amount of mass as me, you'd need to weigh about 87% of as much as I do. In order to do that, you'd have to weigh 168 lbs. You're literally 10 lbs of muscle behind where you need to be to even be on MY level. And I'm just a skinny bitch, right?

OK, now I'm really thinking I should upload some more pics. The reason short guys look so massive is because they don't need to cram as much muscle onto their tiny frames to look huge. If I was to stand next to Anderson Silva, we'd look pretty comparative as far as mass goes.

It's really unfortunate the only training log section Sherdog has is in the Strength & Power section. Everyone seems to assume that S&P means "Retard Mass for Everyone." Now, I realize I may be overstepping bounds here, but I really don't give a damn, because your disrespect of me was uncalled for at the least. YOU on the other hand are probably overweight, looking to call average sized (shit I'm greater than average size) people skinny to feel more normal yourself. And the best part of the whole thing is, when I was doing 5x5, I was literally squatting nearly DOUBLE what you're doing. My first set was 2 plates, more than 40 pounds over your last! Thanks for making that so easy to find in your training log!

And to anyone looking to hate in this thread, just move on. If I haven't made it fairly obvious that I not only know what I'm talking about but have a decent strength training background as well by now, I don't know what will.

Your calculation is terrible. If I was as weak as you it would be *almost* right. Nobody cares about how big you are, and I don't care about how big I am. The point is that being "shredded" is YOUR goal. If you want to actually do that, your plan is terrible. My goal is strength, if I am stronger than the person next to me, I have achieved that goal.

Also, the reason you think everyone attacking you, is because kids are overly defensive to the point where they act like idiots. Before you post a reply to someone, reread their post and think about something happy. Telling me I have less muscle than you by some obscure mathematical formula that you just made up, means absolutely nothing to anybody. We're talking about you, not starting a flame war. The "look" of my body (which I'm perfectly happy with) has nothing to do with my training goals. If you see a flaw in my method of achieving my training goals that is in my log, feel free to post a better solution, just like I did to you. Eat food, lift weight.

PS. I have a real hard time believing your deadlift and squat are so close together at such a low skill level, this is why I came to the conclusion that you are a half squatter. Most people take several years of heavily training ATG squats to equal or surpass their deadlift in numbers.

Anarkix, you are doing it wrong.

S+P has nothing to do with mass. It's about strength and not aesthetics. Strength is important to the 37 combat sports that you're planning on competing in. Being shredded isn't. Get strong twiggy. It's fun and useful.

Take, I agree with tall and lean being a striking advantage. The problem for the TS is that he's only 17. It doesn't much matter what size he wants to be (unless he's willing to do the auschwitz diet for the rest of his life). I grew 4 inches and gained 30lbs of LBM after my 18th b-day without any lifting. He's likely not done growing/filling out yet. He's going to be a HW whether or not he likes the idea. He might as well reap the strength gains from his high test levels now.

Yah, I agree that starving is pretty retarted at 17 if you are already slim. At 17 I think the best would be to train hard and eat whatever you want as long as it is healthy and see what weight you end up at. I was just trying to say that 6.4/185 is not a retarded size/BW goal in the striking arts. I also don't like shitting in peoples logs if they are not statisticool.

Yah, I agree that starving is pretty retarted at 17 if you are already slim. At 17 I think the best would be to train hard and eat whatever you want as long as it is healthy and see what weight you end up at. I was just trying to say that 6.4/185 is not a retarded size/BW goal in the striking arts.

6'4" 185 is a good size for KB or Thai, but it's not going to happen if he's already that big at 17. He's going to grow. 6'4" 230 is a good size too. Right?

6'4" 185 is a good size for KB or Thai, but it's not going to happen if he's already that big at 17. He's going to grow. 6'4" 230 is a good size too. Right?

Any weight is good if you feel good at it. You're a fatass though, no way around that.

That's perfect. *flexes his 6'4", 230lb body*

While flexing the abzorz? I'll make sure I get the flash in the picture too, because that will make it that much more sexy.

WERK!!!

Fenn's a forking liar. He's probably a fat keyboard warrior.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back