Analysis: Nick Diaz stand up deficiencies

I agree with much of your list but some of your list was just so goddamn funny, dude.

It made coffee shoot out of my nose.

Thanks!

Like who?

Okay eliminate all the people you think nick's stand up is superior too from my list. How many are left. And please post your list

"Boxing is not just punching, It involves FOOTWORK, Distance, Creating Dominant angles via footwork, timing, and punch defense, and much more."

These are all areas in which he is seriously lacking but people will always say hes a great boxer which is beyond me

Agreed. He is an effective striker, not a good boxer. Boxers don't stand there in one spot with their chin out letting you hit them. His style works for him a lot of the time, but he is not a great boxer by any stretch of the imagination.

He clearly got outstruck, and "Engaged" by condit who was landing combos all day. And kicked him in the facea couple times. Nicks face was fucked up after the fight. And hes standing there saying condit didnt do shit. Look at your face brah

You can't convince Diaz fanboys of anything. They will just say Condit ran the whole fight while somehow scoring more shots landed. When you point that out, they say "pitter patter shots don't count!". It's like arguing with an angry 5 year old.

You can't convince Diaz fanboys of anything. They will just say Condit ran the whole fight while somehow scoring more shots landed. When you point that out, they say "pitter patter shots don't count!". It's like arguing with an angry 5 year old.

Joe Rogan thought Diaz won the fight. How do you feel about that?

ts is a moron lol, dana sign him up he clearly has a way to beat diaz lmao, and ya his striking is so bad haha, go watch all his strikeforce fights where he tools mainly standup fighters with ease, his footworks not great but its not terrible and carlos hardly showed a way to beat diaz, fight could of went either way all condit did was throw shitty leg kicks and run, and diaz still got punches in

damn seems this thread is getting trolled by diaz fanboys. Im a diaz fan to but seriously can we have a serious discussion?

You make a good point, and I think Benson did a good job of exposing their stances with those leg kicks that were just taking Nate's leg out. I agree, but I think it is just how Nick fights. He likes to move forward and get you against the cage and throw a large volume of punches. Maybe not "great boxing" but it is very effective.

He puts together good combos and has more punches in bunches then most other MMA fighters, but agree with many of your points. What you didn't mention, however, is that Nick makes up for lack of good footwork with being fucking tough and being able to take punches without it even phasing him (most of the time). This is a pretty wicked combination of skills, and one that no doubt makes him a fan favorite along with his badass attitude, but I worry it might catch up with him down the road in him getting brain damage.

Mr. Kush Killa and Davey J have it absolutely correct. It is true that Nick Diaz has effective striking. I won't argue that. As far as having the BEST striking in the WW Division? Best boxing? That is simply laughable. Many of you must not know any amateur boxers or boxing instructors. Every time I tell my boxing buddies that many of the MMA forum mouth breathers consider Nick Diaz the best boxer in MMA or the WW Division, they laugh uncontrollably for minutes on end. For more laughs, I pull up one of his fights on my laptop and watch their reactions. Classic. Effective striking? Okay, I'll give you that. Best boxing? Not in this universe or any other parallel universe that contains a Nick Diaz. Punching a lot does not make one a boxer.

Said the guy who can't write coherent sentences. :icon_lol:

lol you still trying to say Nick has the best stand up after i posted a list of 25+ ppl on it with better stand up.

Yet somehow you discredit this list by stating my spelling sucks.

okay....

lol you still trying to say Nick has the best stand up after i posted a list of 25+ ppl on it with better stand up.

Yet somehow you discredit this list by stating my spelling sucks.

okay....

Your list isn't even worth commenting on. It's like you copy/pasted people off Wikipedia. Also, my comment was mainly directed toward your grammar, not your spelling; that sucks too, though.

Nick Diaz can punch like a muthafucka, but when it comes to footwork he does plod forward with very little angling. He tries to walk forward and draw you into a brawl or wear you down with his pace and drive you into the fence where he tees off on your liver and face.

A great offensive, damaging puncher, but lacking in technical footwork and defensive skills

TS by this logic you can say Fedor wasn't a good striker either. What matters most is results. Doesn't matter how you get there. You use what YOU are good at, and what is most comfortable for you. That's what Bruce Lee preached, and it's true.

Results > technique any day of the week. And the results have been Nick broke KJ's jaw, KO'd Daley, busted Penn up, busted pretty much everybody he's fought up, and has the 2nd or 3rd highest landed strikes per fight in UFC history.

Your list isn't even worth commenting on. It's like you copy/pasted people off Wikipedia. Also, my comment was mainly directed toward your grammar, not your spelling; that sucks too, though.

Oh yea not worth commenting on? Please... , because you cant discredit it?
Just stop embarrassing yourself with your Diaz nut hugging.

If you wanna debate in this thread then lets do it, if not then please dont continue saying 1,2, 5, Diaz, bla bla bla Joe rogan said he won, bla bla bla. It is not related to the discussion of nick being one of the top strikers in MMA.

People in this thread would call Margarito a shitty boxer, all that matters is effectiveness.

TS by this logic you can say Fedor wasn't a good striker either. What matters most is results. Doesn't matter how you get there. You use what YOU are good at, and what is most comfortable for you. That's what Bruce Lee preached, and it's true.

Results > technique any day of the week. And the results have been Nick broke KJ's jaw, KO'd Daley, busted Penn up, busted pretty much everybody he's fought up, and has the 2nd or 3rd highest landed strikes per fight in UFC history.

Fedor was actually a brilliant striker early on in his career and prime when he wanted to be and possed a level of stand up diaz wont ever get to.

Dont let Fedors last couple fights fool you, fedor was a technical fighter not a brawler. His fight against cro cop was brilliant.

People in this thread would call Margarito a shitty boxer, all that matters is effectiveness.

He is a good boxer, still better than any ufc fighter probably. However you wouldnt call him one of the best ever or top 5 in all of boxing, like people are calling diaz.

Nick Diaz is not a great boxer.

Hmm, Kush KIlla has spoken. That appears to be that, no more needs to be said, the expert has shared his knowledge.

Wait...what's this?

"I really feel that Nick's the best boxer in mixed martial arts today and it shows in a bunch of his fights. I mean, he's got the highest punch volume. He's done all these great things standing up, he can stand up with anyone. A lot of people want to talk to me about my boxing and different things, but… I think Nick's the best boxer in MMA." - BJ Penn

Hmm.... who to believe? They're both such experts.

Back