Analysis: Nick Diaz stand up deficiencies

Nick has fought mostly inferior fighters since he left the UFC. Now that he is back he beat BJ Penn, a LW who comes with no game plan and out of shape. BJ is one of my favorite but he was done after the 2nd Edgar fight. He came in and fought the same fight and then moved up to WW as the same fighter he was years ago. Who are Nick's top 10 wins? His best showing is losing to Carlos Condit. Has he even fought a top 10 fighter in the past 5 years besides Condit? I'd be hard pressed to put BJ in the top 10 at WW.

Mostly inferior fighters? He outbox Daley and Noons. Trying to discredit his win over Penn by saying that Penn is a LW is incredibly idiotic. Penn is still a very dangerous fighter both on the feet and ground and he got completely;y over whelmed by Diaz.

Your argument makes absolutely no sense. Are you arguing that Diaz is not a dangerous stand up fighter? Are you arguing that he is not top 10 material?

You have no argument. Just strawman fallacies and pure ignorant hate.

Easy, you're about to be called names and cursed at... in true Stockton style. The only thing you won't be able to see is him flipping off the monitor and flexing.

Haha thanks man I needed that laugh

Nick Diaz has probably the best MMA boxing in the WW division, and from a purely technical perspective, his footwork is pretty fucking flawless.

His footwork is flawless?? Haha you can't be serious. Ts is right, he just walks forward. If you call that footwork you apparently don't know proper boxing footwork.

Look, a badass.

lol. You have to be pretty dense to have fallen for that one
reelinfish.gif

Okay first off this is not a Nick Diaz bash thread. I like Nick Diaz and am a fan. I almost always root for him, and will probably be cheering for him against GSP.

However when people talk about Nick Diaz has the best Standup in WW, or the UFC it just irritates me.

First lets start off with his boxing game. Nick Diaz is not a great boxer. He is a great puncher and there is a big difference. For example if you stand infront of nick diaz and trade punches, or if you let Nick back you against the cage hes going to do damage. However that does not mean he's a great boxer.

Boxing is not just punching, It involves FOOTWORK, Distance, Creating Dominant angles via footwork, timing, and punch defense, and much more.

Okay so lets talk about Nicks Footwork. Being brutally honest on a scale of 1-10 i would grade him a 3, Maybe even less. Its basically none existent. All he does is walk in a straight line to his opponent. Its RIDICULOUS. He has no concept of using foot work to create dominant angles to strike his opponents. If you side step or something he is like
does-not-compute.jpg

This fact alone ousts him from being the best boxer, or kick boxer or anything of that kind in the UFC period. If he fought domonic cuiz he would not land a single punch. Condits decent but rapidly improving footwork footwork proved to much for him and he clearly lost the fight.

If he cant control the footwork he cant control distance, and that is why Carlos was out striking him. His creation of angles is also none existent.

His timing is good but his punch defense is not great. He always gets clocked real bad. He is always in a war to win the fight.

Nick got knocked out by Jeremy Jackson and got stopped by KJ Noons. KJ Noons has better boxing than nick diaz when he want to actually use it. Nick was also rocked badly against daley and almost finished. BJ Penn won the first round and has better boxing but gasses so quick its not even funny. BJ gasses by round 1. Also Carlos beat him with movement.

Also he doesnt check leg kicks. Cyborg proved that an effective Muay Thai practitioner will have a decent advantage over nick, because he doesnt check kicks and moves in a straight line.

Watch this video on how foot work and creating dominant angles helps Marquez confuse and frustrate Pacman and win(IMO) the 3rd fight against Pacman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfBmqlO6rh4&list=LLHfctO6dK5syyUx6lp-aZog

Marquez also used footwork to create the punch that almost killed Manny in their 4th fight.

Back on topic I love nick diaz as much as the next guy, but honestly He is not even in top 25 Strikers in UFC organization. However his Jits is really good

Edit: Also if he fought Anderson silva he would get embarrassed worse than Forest was.

Your not a fan, why did you even mention jeremy jackson, nick was only 19 years old that time, and he didnt "clearly" lost the condit fight, just ask joe rogan

Mr. Kush Killa and Davey J have it absolutely correct. It is true that Nick Diaz has effective striking. I won't argue that. As far as having the BEST striking in the WW Division? Best boxing? That is simply laughable. Many of you must not know any amateur boxers or boxing instructors. Every time I tell my boxing buddies that many of the MMA forum mouth breathers consider Nick Diaz the best boxer in MMA or the WW Division, they laugh uncontrollably for minutes on end. For more laughs, I pull up one of his fights on my laptop and watch their reactions. Classic. Effective striking? Okay, I'll give you that. Best boxing? Not in this universe or any other parallel universe that contains a Nick Diaz. Punching a lot does not make one a boxer.

hahahahaha dumbest post ive ever seen, u and ur buddies could probably box out nick eh

Back