Analysis: Nick Diaz stand up deficiencies

Diaz is not angular enough in his attacks, does not move his head enough either. Defense is lacking as well.

Just making sure you aren't talking about pure boxing.

Im not but im also saying that movement and foot work, is as critical in being in the discussion for best stand up in the UFC. Which he does not have. Among other lacking qualitiies from his overall stand up MMA game

Im not but im also saying that movement and foot work, is as critical in being in the discussion for best stand up in the UFC. Which he does not have. Among other lacking qualitiies from his overall stand up MMA game

Sure I understand where you're coming from I know Diaz isn't near perfect in his standup. ( He's effective though but might fail at people making a gameplan around his unorthodox striking), but around these forums it's mostly americans coming from watching boxing trying to explain why fighters suck because they don't fight like paq or tyson. When the reality is: MMA is a different ballgame.

Okay lets get some nick Diaz footwork gifs up in this biyatch

Okay lets get some nick Diaz footwork gifs up in this biyatch

How's this?

cung-le-crazy-ko.gif

Oops wrong gif..

I agreed with many of the facts you stated in your first post, BUT Nick Diaz isn't a top striker?!?! He out strikes guys who people claim are great strikers. It's not very technical but its damn EFFECTIVE

its is MMA and his MMA striking is elite, yeah he doesn't have the best footwork or defense, but an iron chin and incredible cardio are FACTORS in striking just as much as footwork and angles are. Just because its not the most technical doesnt mean its not one of the best.

I would like to see a list of 25 people in the UFC you think are better MMA strikers than Diaz, remember this isnt just boxing or a kickboxing fight, its an MMA fight..

MMA fight, but only stand up right, and p4p. Because when i state Jose Aldo has better stand up or dominic cruiz i dont want you to say nick would beat them.

Lets start with Heavyweight:

1.Junior
2. Overeem
3. Hunt
4. Pat Barry
5. Sergie Kharitonov

Light Heavy Weight:

1. Machida
2. Jones
3. Rashad
4. Shogun
5. Gegard Musassi
6. Glover
7. Alexander Gustafson

Middleweight:

1. Silva
2. Belfort
3. Bisbing
4. Jacare

WW:

1. GSP
2. Condit
3. Alves
4. Rory
5. Nate the Great

LW:

1. Benson
2. Pettis
3. Melendez
4. Micheal Chandler
5. Eddie Alvarez
6. Frankie

FW:

1. Aldo
2. Pat Curran
3. Cub Swanson
4. "Pitbull" Freire

BW:

1. Cruiz
2. Barao
3. Faber
4. Micheal Mcdonnald

Yes Diaz's footwork is pretty bad. His distance, timing and punch defense is pretty solid though.

People think his defense is terrible because he gets hit. What they don't look at is the fucking bombs that he takes and brushes them off. Not just because he has a great chin; but because he rolls and moves with the punches really effectively. Plus his style of not leaving the pocket means he is going to get hit.

Just because someone gets punched doesn't make him a bad striker.

Side note: I fucking love watching Dominick Cruz's standup and can't wait for him to get better and come back and show people what's up.

Nick Diaz has probably the best MMA boxing in the WW division, and from a purely technical perspective, his footwork is pretty fucking flawless.

What the fuck are you talking about

While I cannot in the slightest stand Nick Diaz, his ability to outwork his opponents is very, very impressive. I understand he lacks alot in his footwork, but somehow is always able to get people to play his game. I can't stand him and am looking forward to GSP beating him, but the guy can scrap, that I will never deny. I never thought he was that good, but he has impressed me the last while.

Man if everyone was smart as TS, Nick Diaz would be 0-34

Says the guy with the sig "Nate beat Benson 7-10 times" after he got completely DOMINATED. PLZ step off these nuts.

Im not saying im better than nick, he would woop me, that does not mean hes the best in stand up in MMA

I like Nick, but he breaks mentally when his gradeschool taunting doesn't trick his opponents into a brawl. Any top tier striker who can stick and move and who isn't dumb enough to stand swinging with his back against the cage can beat Nick.

He could have adjusted his gameplan at any point during the Condit fight but he just kept doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result.

MMA fight, but only stand up right, and p4p. Because when i state Jose Aldo has better stand up or dominic cruiz i dont want you to say nick would beat them.

1.Junior
2. Overeem
3. Hunt
4. Pat Barry
5. Sergie Kharitonov

Light Heavy Weight:

1. Machida
2. Jones
3. Rashad
4. Shogun
5. Gegard Musassi
6. Glover
7. Alexander Gustafson

Middleweight:

1. Silva
2. Belfort
3. Bisbing
4. Jacare

WW:

1. GSP
2. Condit
3. Alves
4. Rory
5. Nate the Great

LW:

1. Benson
2. Pettis
3. Melendez
4. Micheal Chandler
5. Eddie Alvarez
6. Frankie

FW:

1. Aldo
2. Pat Curran
3. Cub Swanson
4. "Pitbull" Freire

BW:

1. Cruiz
2. Barao
3. Faber
4. Micheal Mcdonnald

Why does Junior have better stand up than Overeem? Who has Junior fought to even be compared to Overeem considering Overeem has fought Bonjasky, Spong, Saki, Badr etc in stand up fights?

Man if everyone was smart as TS, Nick Diaz would be 0-34

Not quite true. I do think Nick is an elite fighter, but I do also think that people are now starting to realize how to beat him. His next few fights should be very interesting. Of course knowing how to possibly beat him and actually doing it are two different things.

Why does Junior have better stand up than Overeem? Who has Junior fought to even be compared to Overeem considering Overeem has fought Bonjasky, Spong, Saki, Badr etc in stand up fights?

Im not ranking them in order, im just stating who is better than nick in no particular order. The order is the order the fighters names came in my mind by division.

1.Junior
2. Overeem
3. Hunt
4. Pat Barry
5. Sergie Kharitonov

Light Heavy Weight:

1. Machida
2. Jones
3. Rashad
4. Shogun
5. Gegard Musassi
6. Glover
7. Alexander Gustafson

Middleweight:

1. Silva
2. Belfort
3. Bisbing
4. Jacare

WW:

1. GSP
2. Condit
3. Alves
4. Rory
5. Nate the Great

LW:

1. Benson
2. Pettis
3. Melendez
4. Micheal Chandler
5. Eddie Alvarez
6. Frankie

FW:

1. Aldo
2. Pat Curran
3. Cub Swanson
4. "Pitbull" Freire

BW:

1. Cruiz
2. Barao
3. Faber
4. Micheal Mcdonnald

Lmfao!

Edit-Nvm a lot of things on that list are funny.

I can't take this thread or ts seriously anymore.

I'm out.

heh

Oh so you disagree with only 1 of the 30 people i mentioned?

Also he would woop nick just like he did nate

Edit: Also OUTSTRUCK BJ PENN, but not by going punch for punch till BJ gasses, but by out striking him from the begining

What the fuck are you talking about

Not that you deserve a fucking answer or anything, bitch, but where I'm coming is that Diaz moves with his punches in a way no one else does; if you look at his striking style, and pay attention to his stance when he throws a punch, his footwork is fucking genius; it's not flashy, but it's fucking genius.

Nick-Diaz-8_zpsac8169b1.gif

nicksmith_zps1569b7b5.gif

diaz-cyborg_zpsdf09d4df.gif

diaz-lawler1_zps956feb0f.gif

2djqxyf_jpg.gif

Back