Amir Khan states he will box & move against Canelo, talks rehydration clause

"lucas froze under the pressure..."

Sure he did. He froze under repeated punches to the face.

Danny Garcia has fought nothing but quality fighters for several years now, aside from Salka. One of the best resumes in the sport below 160 pounds right now.

Seano...if he is one of the best fighters in the world in your estimation, then...when is he going to step the fuck up?

I'm sure you can at least agree that the time is now.

Just because you're in love with him doesn't mean he's a world beater.

In reality he remains pretty much irrelevant relative to the top fighters.

That said, I'm sure you were exceptionally impressed by his last fight against Guerrero...

...zzz...zzz...zzz

Well, he was undoubtedly the top 140 pounder in the world before moving up. He hasn't done much of anything at WW yet, but he was the definition of elite at JWW. Calling him a joke and then explaining away all of his victories over unquesitonably top JWWs doesn't really reflect particularly well on you.

Garcia has a strong resume. Unfortunately, he has become an underachiever lately with the likes of Salka, shot Malignaggi, and shot Guerrero. Those are not quality fights for an undefeated champion in his prime, they are silly fights that do nothing but line his pockets. But he's certainly not a joke, just a good fighter making frustrating career choices.

Garcia has a strong resume. Unfortunately, he has become an underachiever lately with the likes of Salka, shot Malignaggi, and shot Guerrero. Those are not quality fights for an undefeated champion in his prime, they are silly fights that do nothing but line his pockets. But he's certainly not a joke, just a good fighter making frustrating career choices.
Yes, his career choices are indeed a joke; you're just strengthening my original contention.

Yes, his career choices are indeed a joke; you're just strengthening my original contention.

Calling Garcia a joke would obviously imply he is not a good fighter, and he is clearly a good fighter. If what you meant by, "Garcia is a joke," is that he has made a few frustrating fight choices, then I agree.

Well, he was undoubtedly the top 140 pounder in the world before moving up. He hasn't done much of anything at WW yet, but he was the definition of elite at JWW. Calling him a joke and then explaining away all of his victories over unquesitonably top JWWs doesn't really reflect particularly well on you.
It doesn't reflect well on Garcia that he looked like shit for stretches of time against Guerrero...

It doesn't reflect well on Garcia that he looked like shit for stretches of time against Guerrero...
Garcia looks like shit in pretty much every fight. Yet he still wins. Like I said, if you're not a fan, what can I say? That's your business. But to say he's a joke is just pure ignorance.

Great, are you backing off on your comments about Garcia being a joke who is irrelevant to top fighters? Because he was clearly the top fighter at 140 and there really haven't been too many clear champions in any divisions in boxing over the last 5 or so years.

Seano...if he is one of the best fighters in the world in your estimation, then...when is he going to step the fuck up?

I'm sure you can at least agree that the time is now.
Tough to say. I'm not sure who he can step up to at WW at the moment. Thurman and Porter are supposed to be fighting each other. Bradley and Pac are fighting each other and there are promotional issues that would keep Garcia from fighting either. Khan is fighting Canelo and Garcia already KO'd him anyway. Garcia already fought Peterson too.

I'm looking at the WW ranks right now and I'm wondering who it is you think he should be fighting. I don't think there's anyone at WW he could fight RIGHT NOW that you wouldn't criticize him for.

Great, are you backing off on your comments about Garcia being a joke who is irrelevant to top fighters? Because he was clearly the top fighter at 140 and there really haven't been too many clear champions in any divisions in boxing over the last 5 or so years.
Whereas GGG WANTS to fight top guys, Garcia does not.

Tough to say. I'm not sure who he can step up to at WW at the moment. Thurman and Porter are supposed to be fighting each other. Bradley and Pac are fighting each other and there are promotional issues that would keep Garcia from fighting either. Khan is fighting Canelo and Garcia already KO'd him anyway. Garcia already fought Peterson too.

I'm looking at the WW ranks right now and I'm wondering who it is you think he should be fighting. I don't think there's anyone at WW he could fight RIGHT NOW that you wouldn't criticize him for.
It's HILARIOUS how you admit that Garcia always looks like shit, whereas you assail GGG in spite of the fact that he wins in GRAND fashion...

Yes, GGG has a weak resume, but he WANTS TOP FIGHTS.

And of course, his talent/skill/killer instinct/amazing jabs/// are all plain to see...regardless of his lame competition.

...meanwhile, Garcia looks like shit against washed up fighters.

It's HILARIOUS how you admit that Garcia always looks like shit, whereas you assail GGG in spite of the fact that he wins in GRAND fashion...
ah, I see what this is about. Actually, I've always been pretty complimentary of Golovkin's skills. I do think he tends to throw the same combination over and over but, Its his perceived star power that I've argued about here, not his skill. Garcia has beaten better competition than Golovkin, I think there's really no doubt about that.

Yes, GGG has a weak resume, but he WANTS TOP FIGHTS.
yawn. We're not really talking about Golovkin here. But his resume isn't weak, it just isn't great either. He lacks a great name on his resume.

And of course, his talent/skill/killer instinct/amazing jabs/// are all plain to see...regardless of his lame competition.
swooning.gif

...meanwhile, Garcia looks like shit against washed up fighters.
Yeah, Garcia is not a smooth technician. He's still beat some top quality fighters though. Matthysse and Peterson were not washed up. Neither was Khan.

Next time, just post that you're mad because you think I hate Golovkin and don't waste everyone's time.

I like this moron, can we keep him?

Back