Amir Khan states he will box & move against Canelo, talks rehydration clause

busterwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

Man, If I was Khan''s team I would of pushed for some sort of rehydration clause but I think Team Khan was so desperate to get a big PPV fight that they just went with it. Poor guy, if it were a even fight he would win but Canelo is going to be 180 while he will be 165.

Man, If I was Khan''s team I would of pushed for some sort of rehydration clause but I think Team Khan was so desperate to get a big PPV fight that they just went with it. Poor guy, if it were a even fight he would win but Canelo is going to be 180 while he will be 165.

There really doesn't seem to be that dramatic of a size difference in the 2, at least in the pics I've seen of them together so far.

They did closers than I thought, but it might be more noticeable when they're just in their shorts.

Alverez by KO, will be walking through all of Khan pitter pats.

I do not believe rehydration clauses should exist in sports. Requiring a man to enter the ring while still dehydrated (which would undoubtedly happen) is basically asking for somebody to die in there eventually.

There really doesn't seem to be that dramatic of a size difference in the 2, at least in the pics I've seen of them together so far.

Canelo isn't very tall. He's way thicker than Khan, though.

Alverez by KO, will be walking through all of Khan pitter pats.

I do not see any evidence that suggests Floyd has significantly more power than Khan, and Canelo did not walk through Floyd's punches.

Canelo also hasn't really proven to have an easy time with guys who box him up either.

If khan fights smart he has a chance but he would have to do it like floyd did and box him up. I doubt he can though.

I do not see any evidence that suggests Floyd has significantly more power than Khan, and Canelo did not walk through Floyd's punches.

It's not the same kind of thing, Floyd charges up single shots that land very accurately. The precision alone is enough to stop you, no one likes taking a shot the center of the face.

Khan throws a lot of combinations but they aren't hard shots, and they don't all land clean. Canelo can walk through those combinations the same way Peterson did and Garcia to an extent.

Looking at everything we've seen so far, I don't see Canelo having problems blocking those combinations and countering Khan, just like he did against Cotto, although this time it will be against a more vulnerable and all round more fragile fighter.

Canelo also hasn't really proven to have an easy time with guys who box him up either.

But who has an easy time with Floyd, Lara and Cotto? There's very few names in the world.

Lara does that to most guys and has done all his career.

When Cotto fights defensive like that he is a hard guy to beat, but he still got outboxed.

Khans boxing skill isn't the same league as those names, and crucially he doesn't have the durability of those fighters.

I think Khan is actually a pretty good boxer. He's just got low ring IQ.

It's not the same kind of thing, Floyd charges up single shots that land very accurately. The precision alone is enough to stop you, no one likes taking a shot the center of the face.

Khan throws a lot of combinations but they aren't hard shots, and they don't all land clean. Canelo can walk through those combinations the same way Peterson did and Garcia to an extent.

Looking at everything we've seen so far, I don't see Canelo having problems blocking those combinations and countering Khan, just like he did against Cotto, although this time it will be against a more vulnerable and all round more fragile fighter.

He is certainly more fragile and vulnerable than a guy like Cotto. Canelo has more than enough power to put Khan unconscious.

But I think you are downplaying the sting that Khan packs. Talking precision, he definitely showed it when he put Maidana down. He also busted Garcia up pretty bad for only having 2 rounds to do it. Garcia's dad was panicking by time the KO rolled around. Garcia was not walking through anything, not if I am interpreting "walking through" correctly. Paulie ate Cotto's best shots, and Khan's pitter-patter busted him up and caused a stoppage.

Khan has no Inside game. The pushing thing he does wont help him with some as big as Saul. It wont move Saul.

OH man, guess i gotta watch some Khan fights now too.

I do not believe rehydration clauses should exist in sports. Requiring a man to enter the ring while still dehydrated (which would undoubtedly happen) is basically asking for somebody to die in there eventually.
%100 agreed.

I think Khan is actually a pretty good boxer. He's just got low ring IQ.

People give the kid a hard time but he can fight. I hope he keeps his word and listens to his corner, If he does he has the skill set to make a run at it. Its gonna be like watching a blind folded rope walker over a pit of crocodiles with a strong wind blowing.

I have to say i am more excited to see this one than manny vs timmy again.

He is certainly more fragile and vulnerable than a guy like Cotto. Canelo has more than enough power to put Khan unconscious.

But I think you are downplaying the sting that Khan packs. Talking precision, he definitely showed it when he put Maidana down. He also busted Garcia up pretty bad for only having 2 rounds to do it. Garcia's dad was panicking by time the KO rolled around. Garcia was not walking through anything, not if I am interpreting "walking through" correctly. Paulie ate Cotto's best shots, and Khan's pitter-patter busted him up and caused a stoppage.

He busted up Garcia because Danny knew that he could land his KO shot if he planted his feet and threw with Khan. He was landing the left hook regularly and getting closer to the KO, he was never going to abondon that because of a cut over his eye. It was a very good strategy because Khan is always going to bounce back in and try to land combinations, he doesn't have the power to hurt a Garcia. He was walking through his shots because Khan's offense wasn't stopping him land his own, he was moving in, taking Khan's shots and looking to land his own on the way out. That sounds like someone walking through punches to me.

Pacquaio knocked down Algieri six times, Khan couldn't hurt him, he's not a guy who is going to worry welterweights with a strong chin, never mind a middlewight with a very strong chin. Canelo has taken everyones best shots including a powerful Kirkland, Angulo and Cotto who was knocking other middleweights silly.

If Khan could land consistently he would have a chance of cutting Canelo up, but whenever he fight someone who throws in volume from the outside, he drops his hands and uses his head movement. Canelo's upper body and head movement is very hard to land consistently on, everyone who has tried that strategy has struggled to land and ship counters. Canelo will drop the high guard, not worry about Khan's power and look to slip and rip.

Danny Garcia is a good fighter who just never looks like a good fighter. He was indeed eating shots from Khan but he was also getting his timing down earlier than people remember.

Garcia is sloppy but he keeps winning. I'm not sure losing to Garcia guarantees that Khan can't be competitive with Canelo.

Danny Garcia is a good fighter who just never looks like a good fighter. He was indeed eating shots from Khan but he was also getting his timing down earlier than people remember.

Garcia is sloppy but he keeps winning. I'm not sure losing to Garcia guarantees that Khan can't be competitive with Canelo.

That fight alone doesn't guarantee anything.

When you asees both fighters individually as fighters then look at how they've performed, it's difficult to make a case for Khan winning.

It's not as easy as Khan can box from the outside and win on points, better, bigger, more durable fighters have tried that and failed. Canelo has alraedy outboxed better boxers than Khan and they're all big durable guys.

If Chris Algieri is hurting you with counter shots, then yeah, it's likely you're getting KO'd against Canelo. That extra 10 pounds isn't bridging that gap in puncing power and skill. Canelo doesn't need to be a huge puncher, he just needs to be a hard hitting Middleweight, which he is.

Back