Amir Khan states he will box & move against Canelo, talks rehydration clause

Whereas GGG WANTS to fight top guys, Garcia does not.
Garcia has already beat 2 guys that would be better than anyone on GGG's resume.

You should change your position from, "Garcia is a joke," to, "I'm not thrilled with Garcia's last few fights." I think that would be more reasonable, and more accurately reflect reality.

Let's hear your list of who Garcia should be fighting right now.
Anyone worth a damn. Brook...Thurman...

Garcia just fought Guerrero, meanwhile, Khan is fighting Canelo... That's a rather STARK difference.

Anyone worth a damn. Brook...Thurman...
Thurman and Porter have had a deal to fight each other for a long time now. that can't happen. Garcia is a step up for Brook, not vice versa.

Garcia just fought Guerrero, meanwhile, Khan is fighting Canelo... That's a rather STARK difference.

I have a lot of respect for Khan for stepping up to fight canelo. I don't disagree. Its a good fight. But Garcia already beat Khan. If Garcia were signed to fight Khan right now, I have a feeling you'd be talking about what a shit fight THAT was too.

When was the last time he's done that? Khan gets into a fire fight every time. He lacks discipline. If he had any discipline he would have easily beat Danny Garcia. It's not like he's going to develop discipline for this fight. He'll start off composed and then he'll start exchanging blows around the 4th round and it will be downhill from there.

There is a reason why Garcia is fighting like likes of Gurerrero as opposed to...ANYONE OF NOTE.

He is absolutely NOT one of the best fighters in the world, and for you to say that is beyond laughable.

His resume speaks for itself: He fought a husk of Eric Morales twice...Khan was tooling him (...Khan) before the KO, the Zab fight was hilarious, (again...another shell of a fighter) Lucas froze under the pressure, but regardless, Lucas has ZERO ring IQ...and said IQ only seems to be getting worse...Garcia got a gift decision when he fought Hererra, and the rest aren't worth mentioning. Paulie...? Please. Guerrero...well, that should have been a showcase fight for Garcia...right?!?
Lol at this entire post. "Khan was tooling him". Oh man, that one devastating round Khan won...... Right before having his head sent to the 2nd row.

Like he wanted to fight Ward?
Canelo vs GGG will happen.

THAT is a Superfight.

Whereas, what is Garcia going to do?

He will go swiftly into that good night.

So. to whomever thinks he's oh so talented, etc, he's kind of wasting said talent is he not...?

THAT is a Superfight.

So. to whomever thinks he's oh so talented, etc, he's kind of wasting said talent is he not...?
Yes, the undefeated former lineal JWW champion of the world and current WBC welterweight champ is such a waste.

I asked you who he should be fighting, as you seemed to be acting as though it were incredibly obvious who he should be in there with and you had nothing other than guys who already have other opponents lined up. Brook is fighting Bizier later this month. Porter and Thurman have been lined up to fight for quite some time too. He beat Khan, who is the only other big name welter that he could possibly fight.

THAT is a Superfight.

Dont have a crystal ball so couldnt tell ya. You dont see anyone here being pleased with his current competition though.

Id imagine hell keep churning out wins and rustling jimmies in the process.

It makes more sense for Garcia to fight Guerreo than to not fight at all until an "acceptable" opponent is available.

Spence Jr. becomes an option if he looks good against Algieri.

I thought Garcia lost to Peterson doe...is it just me who thinks that?

Most of us Garcia winning. Peterson finished strong but gave away way too many early rounds.

Spence Jr. becomes an option if he looks good against Algieri.

Even if Spence doesn't look stellar against Algieri I think him and Garcia is a good match up. Though Errol is new to the division and there's other guys that should probably be first in line.

I think Chris is a spoiler, and is very much more experienced than anyone Spence has faced - and we've never seen Errol in a long fight. I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped a few rounds.

He beat the piss out of Garcia but started too late. I called it a draw on the night, but I was giving Peterson a lot of slack.

Thurman and Porter have had a deal to fight each other for a long time now. that can't happen. Garcia is a step up for Brook, not vice versa.

Brook would be better than anybody than Garcia has faced so far, especially at WW, so yes, he's a step up for Danny, though probably not a huge one, given that Garcia's resume is so strong. Big threat to Danny as well.

Brook would be better than anybody than Garcia has faced so far, especially at WW, so yes, he's a step up for Danny, though probably not a huge one, given that Garcia's resume is so strong. Big threat to Danny as well.
Brook is not as proven as either Khan or Matthysse were when Garcia fought them. Not even close.

Brook is not as proven as either Khan or Matthysse were when Garcia fought them. Not even close.

ehh, Matthysse had one big win on his name in Peterson, and Porter is better than Peterson. Soto was decent and I thought he had beaten Alexander, but no, Brook is a bigger step up when you factor in how their styles match up and the weight jump.

Khan is probably more proven, but Brook is a bigger stylistic challenge than Khan.

Matthysse's run from Soto to Peterson was more impressive than Brooks win over Porter. He was on a tear and I believe he was favored over Garcia.

Big Brooks fan but I think hes one of the most overrated out right now. Hes talked about as if hes already accomplished what people think he can.

Back